Post by Paula Dean »

http://steamcommunity.com/id/iamvurybad/
iamvurybad
White Sedan
Ban
DiscFF VSH servers 1 and 2

Permanant

Sharking

I realize what I did was wrong but I have learned from it and understand how bad it was. This offense never happened on a DiscFF server so I believe after this long time of being banned i should be unbanned. I have given up trading as a whole and will never resort to my bad trading habits.

I believe this ban should be removed because it was never on a DiscFF server and I have really matured to understand how to be repectful to other players and their possesions. I love DiscFF and hope that I may return to my favorite servers.
fishermatt3552
Veteran

Re: PaulaDean Ban Appeal

Post by fishermatt3552 »

Being one of the people you scammed (long before i became an admin), i'm probably pretty biased on this. While i'm sure you've realized what you did was wrong, i highly doubt you've changed what-so-ever. As for being respectful on the servers, i never saw that with you. You were consistently toxic towards other players, and even the admins. You were flaming other people just about every time i was on the same time you were on. While it might be a half decent idea to remove the ban, the tightest of leashes should be put on you, one wrong step and the ban would be put in place again. I'm not sure if the admins from the time knew about you, but you made it obvious that you didn't care about the servers or anyone on them.

Proof of the scams
Paula Dean

Post by Paula Dean »

!.I've never scammed you
2.I did care about the servers and anyone I "flamed" was on my friends list and knew I joking
3.I wanted to be an admin so trust me i did care alot about these servers.
HankHill
Veteran

Post by HankHill »

Before I begin posting, I want to remind everybody I was directly involved in Paula Dean's Permanent Ban. I was the one that dug through old chatlogs and found somebody that he had scammed (as well as two others, might I add). I had encouraged him to create the report, giving him the chatlogs that linked the trade to the server, and saw to Paula being banned for what he did. With that said...

Hello again, Paula. It's been 9 months since your last appeal; you were told by Spicy, and I quote:
SpicyCandy wrote:Nothing to be sorry about. No screenshots, no unban. We do not welcome sharkers or scammers on our servers. Appeal denied.
If I remember correctly, scamming and sharking are permabannable offenses with no chance of an appeal being accepted if enough proof exists. The screenshots of the trade were saved and shown, which proves the trade itself existed. The nail that sealed it, though, was the exchange of words in chat on the Disc-FF servers, now linking the trade here.

Strictest sense of the word, they happened on the servers. Even if you did learn a lesson as you claimed to have, it was proven that had happened, so why even lie about it?

This is also not mentioning that two other people claimed that you scammed them as well around that time. I'm going to currently leave them unnamed here, but they're more than welcome to have some form of input if they wish. (Edit: Guess Matt decided to go ahead and post about his experience).

As a final note, here's the report that caused your ban: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=9329

I'd post the evidence from my computer, but I currently have no access to it, so we must go with what's on the report.

Overall, I personally believe you should not be allowed back on the servers, if even only for how Scamming and Sharking punishments are handled.
Paul (The Disguiser) murdered 14 players.
Paul (The Apprentice) murdered 14 players.
Paul (The Butcher) murdered 14 players.
Paula Dean

Post by Paula Dean »

i never denied that the trade happened and im not lying about what matt is saying I truthfully never scammed matt i may have lowballed for items he owned but he or anyone else has never came up to me calling me a scammer.
HankHill
Veteran

Post by HankHill »

To elaborate, I was never referencing Matt's trades; my points of reference were towards Drag0n_2k1, the one I found the chat logs linking the trade to the servers. That's the part I brought up you were lying about: Whether or not the trade itself happened on the servers.

I also want to point out that Matt and I priced each and every item at the time of my investigation; though I don't remember the exact amount, I do distinctively remember a significant gap of prices.
Paul (The Disguiser) murdered 14 players.
Paul (The Apprentice) murdered 14 players.
Paul (The Butcher) murdered 14 players.
White Sedan
Veteran

Post by White Sedan »

The same deal for hacking goes for scamming. If you didn't wanna get banned you shouldn't have scammed in the first place. Too late to say sorry now, ban will stay.
----
Hoff wrote:Consider yourself lucky I am not taking legal action against your server.