Post by flash »

Your Steam Community Link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/microsoftv
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:232010328

Which Admin Punished You: Froot
Type of punishment(ban, mute, silence or gag): Ban
Server where you received the punishment: Dodgeball Servers

How long they punished you for: Permanent

Reason why they punished you: Multihack

Reason why you think this punishment is unfair/uncalled for/biased, etc: I was not using a multihack, I was using keys bound to +lookup and +lookdown, which can have their own sensitivity with cl_pitchspeed. If pressed fast enough you can do flicks which may seem unnatural, such as using the key to look up with cl_pitchspeed at 1500. I can record some demos of me demonstrating, or you can configure these keys yourself with

Code: Select all

alias +lookup_fix "cl_mouselook 0;+lookup"alias -lookup_fix "cl_mouselook 1;-lookup"alias +lookdown_fix "cl_mouselook 0;+lookdown"alias -lookdown_fix "cl_mouselook 1;-lookdown"
then binding the lookup/down to a key.

Reason why we should remove the punishment: I was not multihacking or hacking/cheating.
kookie

Re: Ban Appeal (microsoftv)

Post by kookie »

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST
Last edited by SakuraTheBabyfur on Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Comments such as "he is a cool guy unban him" are prohibited
flash

Post by flash »

kookie wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:55 pm USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST
Much appreciated
Last edited by SakuraTheBabyfur on Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Froot
Veteran

Post by Froot »

After I showed the other admins the demo I had of you playing they agreed with me in the fact that it did look like you were cheating. I believe the ban should stay.
flash

Post by flash »

Froot wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:49 pm After I showed the other admins the demo I had of you playing they agreed with me in the fact that it did look like you were cheating. I believe the ban should stay.
If I use a macro that looks up, airblasts, then looks down, that doesn't mean I can't miss things if I don't look left or right, and I can miss things in front of me. I don't know however if your demo showed that fact. Also, if I were to not use a macro, I could do the same thing if I simply used my mouse, it would only be slower. Here is a picture of a macro that achieves what is shown in your demo: Image
Froot
Veteran

Post by Froot »

Autokey macros like that aren't really allowed on the server. I'll unban you but don't use a macro like that again and just use your mouse to play.
flash

Post by flash »

Froot wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:11 am Autokey macros like that aren't really allowed on the server. I'll unban you but don't use a macro like that again and just use your mouse to play.
Sorry, and thanks, I just wasn't aware that they were in the rules as I had never seen it beforehand. Is there somewhere I can view them?
SakuraTheBabyfur

Post by SakuraTheBabyfur »

There is no place that says this specifically isnt allowed. But traditionally, external programs of any kind were not allowed. However, for macros, we are actually going to discuss this further and decide if it is or is not going to be allowed. You have been unbanned though, and for now please don't use macros until we have made a decision.
Survivor of the Gaymen Apocalypse 2015
Gaymen wrote:Forum ban? Is that like a band full of faggots like Armen.