Ban Appeal (Space Birds)

Space Birds

Ban Appeal (Space Birds)

Post by Space Birds »

Your Steam Community Link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/KyleTough/
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:48275485

Which Admin Punished You: (Check http://disc-ff.com/sourcebanstf2/index.php?p=banlist if you were banned)

many_swords

Type of punishment(ban, mute, silence or gag):

Ban

Server where you received the punishment:

74.91.119.154:27016

How long they punished you for:

Permanent

Reason why they punished you:

wallhacking

Reason why you think this punishment is unfair/uncalled for/biased, etc.

I wasn't addressed about my actions once and was banned the next round. I was using the dragon's fury and scorch shot from a distance on nova prospekt.
I don't have much to say because it was so sudden.

Reason why we should remove the punishment:

I have never used or considered using hacks of any kind.
many_swords
Veteran

Re: Ban Appeal (Space Birds)

Post by many_swords »

I was told a few maps back by a player that you may be hacking so I began to spectate you. At first I didn't notice much wrong because you looked laggy and the map was really open (north Korea).

We then moved to nova_prospect and the first time that made me suspicious was when you were staring at a wall while the boss was in the room on the other side of it, after this I asked a regular to also spectate you. He said you looked suspicious but it was hard to tell considering sometimes the boss was outlined by a sniper.

Next you switch to a demo during a round with bonk boy, he was stuck near his spawn. You were placing sticky traps on the ground in front of the dispenser that was blocking him and while both around a corner and turned away from him you would set off the bombs at the perfect time to hit him. Yet to give you a fair chance I did not act then.

After a few more rounds of watching you, the player i asked to watch you messaged me to watch you and he went out of his way to play spyper. you decided to go pyro and as soon as you turned to face him while he was cloaked you fired multiple times at him with no indication that he was there. you also watched him as he was cloaked move into a side room where majority of players did not notice him run to and were only alerted by someone who ran down and saw him. you also would randomly fire rounds around the corner whenever he was near the entrance of any rooms. This is when i decided it was best to ban you.

Frankly there were more times that looked suspicious to me as well but I decided to skip them considering your ping and the way your screen would jump like you were lagging.
Feel free to message me on the community discord if you have any questions.
Space Birds

Post by Space Birds »

When i was on demo i was using the 3rd person camera to look around the corner and and watch where my team was looking. that's all i can say about that. at the begging of the pryo/spyper round I saw that the player was someone who was pretty good and i knew they would roll out better than the previous players. the shots i took at the begging were because that wasn't the first time i played against a good player with a cloaking boss on that map. so i knew that if i didnt see them after rounding the corner they were cloaked, and if they didnt bump me they were hiding. the only reason i knew that he was down the stairs was because someone said he was down there. i randomly fire shots around corners because even if i miss it has a big aoe, i do that on most maps. Finally about my ping, it really does suck. I usually play with my phone tethered so i can use my phones connection.
many_swords
Veteran

Post by many_swords »

the only reason i knew that he was down the stairs was because someone said he was down there.
The only person to state he was downstairs was the one after you had already fired shots at the staircase in attempt to hit him when he tried to come back up.
i randomly fire shots around corners because even if i miss it has a big aoe, i do that on most maps.
I'd be more inclined to believe this if it wasn't the only round you did that as a pyro and as I said you only really did this around corners that the boss just happened to be behind.

Frankly I watched you for well over a map and a half before banning you and during that time you continued to do things that made me more suspicious and I feel it was justified. If fire or spicy feel that I was wrong or that you deserve another chance they are welcome to unban you.
Last edited by many_swords on Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feel free to message me on the community discord if you have any questions.
Space Birds

Post by Space Birds »

If at all possible i would be happy to receive a second chance and if necessary i can record my game footage with plays.tv for proof of innocence if i play suspiciously again. I have been playing on the FF servers for just over a year now and would be sad to be banned under these circumstances.
White Sedan
Veteran

Post by White Sedan »

After some discussion with Many it was decided your ban will be lifted.
Last edited by White Sedan on Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
----
Hoff wrote:Consider yourself lucky I am not taking legal action against your server.