Ban Appeal: 'Ambassador Jamal' (Very old name)

Uncle Dang

Ban Appeal: 'Ambassador Jamal' (Very old name)

Post by Uncle Dang »

Your Steam Community Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198047941585/
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:43837928

Which Admin Punished You: Fire
Type of punishment(ban, mute, silence or gag): Ban
Server where you received the punishment: Web Ban

How long they punished you for: Permanent

Reason why they punished you: 'Was asked to by SURE. Reason: Scamming and disrespect a lot.'

Reason why you think this punishment is unfair/uncalled for/biased, etc.: This ban happened about 4 years ago on FF2, the DISC-FF servers I exclusively played, and I'm certain that the reasoning for disrespect was completely valid and fair. I've pretty much assumed that was the sole and primary reason for my being banned for quite a while now. Since then, I've greatly matured and I make a point of not trash talking. However, the 'scamming' portion of the ban reason is baffling and untrue. Even with the 4 year time gap, I can say with absolute certainty that I've never bought nor sold an unusual or other item of high value on the server as it would be moot to even try. I do recall getting what would be "good deals" where I've traded with about 30% profit, though this is certainly not scam-level. I have never been reported for scamming in any other context in all my time playing TF2 (about 6 years), I do not have any alt accounts, I have completely clean SteamRep with no marked scammers on my friends list, and, most importantly, I am not a marked or even accused scammer myself.

Reason why we should remove the punishment: Hence, I believe the scamming portion of the reasoning to have been blatantly untrue given the passage of 4 years without my being accused by any other community or person of scamming. I know for certain though that I was probably pretty edgy and trash talked often back in 2013, so I assume the disrespect reasoning to be completely valid. All I can assure you is that I am sincerely ashamed of anything that younger me spouted over mic that prompted this decision, and that given the second chance I will completely refrain from getting out of hand again.
Fire
Owner

Re: Ban Appeal: 'Ambassador Jamal' (Very old name)

Post by Fire »

Seeing as such a long period of time has passed, and like you say there is no record of you scamming anyone, I have decided to lift your ban. There will be a note next to the unban for you to be on probation. This means if you do anything that is disruptive it most likely will result in the perm ban being reinstated.
ImageImage