wimpykid456

Ban Abuse

Post by wimpykid456 »

My ID: STEAM_0:0:40956109 , Legacy
My Ban Link: http://disc-ff.site.nfoservers.com/sour ... mid&Submit

My Friend's ID: STEAM_0:0:72041185 , Principal Skinner
My Friend's Ban Link: http://disc-ff.site.nfoservers.com/sour ... mid&Submit

Admin ID: STEAM_0:0:82984321 , Endless Nameless

My friend and I were playing on a DISC-FF Minecraft Trade server (don't judge) when Endless Nameless insulted my friend about his choice of games. Endless Nameless snooped on my friends profile and when he saw how much time my friend put into a game of his, he said "why do you have 33 hours on cuphead r u ok". This was an unprovoked attack, and when I asked him if he ever played, he said "I try to refrain from developing autism so no". It was because of his arrogance that I started acting more aggressive towards him. I was eventually gagged and later banned for "Punishment Evasion : Changing Name To Evade Gag" which isn't even a thing since it applies to the individual's ID as opposed to display name.

After I was banned, my friend was also banned also for "Punishment Evasion: Changing Name To Evade Gag + Immediate Disconnect". This one troubles me even more because my friend was never gagged in the first place, and the immediate disconnect was a result of the very ban he received for it!

Endless Nameless has shown an incredible lack of professional demeanor for an individual in a leadership position. It is on these grounds that I contest the bans placed on my friend and I. If any one person is to stand blameless, it would be my friend. He got the same unfair treatment I did, but he never typed any aggressive messages to Endless Nameless. Not only that, but my friend's ban holds no weight in accusations rather than simply being associated with me, which is not fair to him at all.

Endless Nameless threw the word "autism" out before I said anything that could be considered aggressive. At this point, he fished for an argument on purpose and started to gag and ban us because his invalid "arguments" were being dealt with too well for his liking.

If you have any questions, ask me. The chat logs are screenshots from console, as I was unfortunately unable to receive in-game chat logs due to the nature of me being completely unable to join back. The screenshots are only cropped and some key messages are underlined, but are devoid of any message altering. What you see is what happened. Forgive the mess of console commands and output and look for the display names.

https://imgur.com/a/sDJHt

Thank you for reviewing this.
endlessnameless
Veteran

Re: Ban Abuse

Post by endlessnameless »

Thanks for your insight on this incident, but I'll give my side of the story here. As an admin, I do often check player's profiles if their behavior seems odd, and I did happen to notice cuphead in the history. I didn't intend to insult, but made a few comments as sort of banter regarding it.

The comments I made are pictured here:

In hindsight, I agree my comments may have been a bit harsh, but they were intended as banter and not as personal attack, I apologize if it was interpreted that way. However, you responded with the following.

After which, I felt it necessary to issue a mute, as you had taken your side of the argument past the line of banter into racial slurs and personal attacks against me. Following the gag, you changed your name to evade your silence, as pictured below, which is a bannable offense and taken very seriously.

You were not on the server when your friend was gagged and then banned, so I do not believe you have room to speak about that, but regardless I'll go ahead and post screenshots of what occurred. Your friend continued to egg the conversation on by insulting me, misquoting me, and twisting my word, which he was then issued a gag as well.

After your friend was gagged, he ended up doing the same thing you did, and changed his name to evade his gag, as I've stated before, that is a bannable offense and is taken very seriously. After which, he immediately disconnected to avoid punishment, so I've issued a ban, as pictured below.

My overall take on the incident is the punishments should stay, but I will discuss with other witnesses and other trade admins regarding the length of the punishment. I understand that I did instigate the conversation, and I will agree with you that my comment regarding the use of the word autism was distasteful, however that does not warrant personal attacks or racial slurs. I'm sorry your friend gave you incorrect information regarding his punishment, but regardless I believe it should stay.
ɪᴍᴘᴏʀᴛᴀɴᴛ ᴀɴɴᴏᴜɴᴄᴇᴍᴇɴᴛ:

ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ
endlessnameless
Veteran

Post by endlessnameless »

Edit: I've spoken to a couple other admins, and your bans will be shortened to 2 days, on the premise that you both changed your names to evade the gag.
ɪᴍᴘᴏʀᴛᴀɴᴛ ᴀɴɴᴏᴜɴᴄᴇᴍᴇɴᴛ:

ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ
White Sedan
Veteran

Post by White Sedan »

After some discussion with Endless, we both agreed that neither party handled the situation the way they should have, therefor your bans have been shortened to 2 days. However, if either of you change your names to get around a mute or gag again, it will result in a much more severe punishment.
----
Hoff wrote:Consider yourself lucky I am not taking legal action against your server.