TheGreenThunderMrL

Appeal for a extended mute

Post by TheGreenThunderMrL »

Your Steam Community Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198046845295
Your Steam ID: [U:1:86579567]

Which Admin Punished You: Plausible sanity
Type of punishment : Mute
Server where you received the punishment: Freak fortress #1

How long they punished you for: 1 month(Originally 1 hour)

Reason why they punished you: In a mass mute of certain people for talking over each other on the mic

Reason why you think this punishment is unfair/uncalled for/biased, etc : i feel this punishment certain punishment should not have happened in the first place , i was being interrupted multiple times by the people mic spamming but that was some how perceived as talking over people, i also feel it only happened because i was grouped up with other people who were actually spamming and i was caught in the crossfire

Reason why we should remove the punishment: Like the last time this happened although i cant change anything the admins do and that what they do is final, again i feel it is unjustified to go from a 1 hour long mute to a 1 month long one, i understand its based off previous history, on top of this nothing notable has happened since the last time, but it is quite asinine to jump to the extreme based off a mute that should not have taken place in first place , i assume more likely then not the admin will be sided with here but i at-least need to try to appeal because its really shame that such extreme measure was taken for such a minor thing, at the very least i think it should be shortened
My Sanity

Re: Appeal for a extended mute

Post by My Sanity »

When the punishments were issued, the server was warned multiple times, both in chat and the microphone, about talking over each other and excessive mic usage. Faiithe, who was there, also warned a few times about mic usage. I felt I gave enough warnings to issue punishments to the server. Green thunder, being a regular with past punishments (due to other mic related issues and being a regular on the server for as long as he has been), should have had an extended knowledge and understanding to know that maybe talking over others might not be a good idea at that moment. There were times where he did have the mic first after a short break, but it was primarily others who were initially talking and he tried to talk over. To be fair, he might have muted them so he didn't hear, but from what Green describes he did not. He could have stuck with chat as an alternative option to communicate but proceeded to try to talk over others.

There have been past times I've experienced first hand on this (and other Freak servers) where he uses the mic to an excessive manner or continually talks over others, but those times it wasn't warranted at the time to mute. I've other admins mention this to me over the past few months as well. He has a known history of this behavior. Based on these past discretion, prior known punishments, and the time he plays on the server, I increased his time to a month. He is a regular for years now and should know better.

I believe the mute should stay.

(*Edited for spelling, grammar, and formatting changes)
Last edited by My Sanity on Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Pretty fucking cool man" - Fire 2017
"Fire: Don't tell anyone" - Fire 2018
"If I find out who stole my shit, I'm gonna slap you." - Fire 2019

I go by Plausible Sanity on the servers.

Fire
Owner

Re: Appeal for a extended mute

Post by Fire »

After talking with Sanity I have reduced your punishment from 1 month to 2 weeks because many people on the server were causing issues at the time. You have had 7 communication punishments now. I highly suggest you do not cause another disturbance else it will most like result in your talking privileges being stripped permanently.
Last edited by Fire on Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage