Silence Appeal: Stocking (Or Kenno, whatever you wanna use)

Sindri Myrgadeath

Silence Appeal: Stocking (Or Kenno, whatever you wanna use)

Post by Sindri Myrgadeath »

Your Steam Community Non-Vanity Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198303943870
Steam Community Vanity Link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/stupidsexydoc/
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:171839071

Which Admin Punished You: Shankin
Type of punishment: Silence
Server where you received the punishment: Versus Saxton Hale Server 1

How long they punished you for: Permanent

Reason why they punished you: "Talking about admin stuff"

In reality I was gagged permanently for saying something on the lines of "You permabanned Ace for revealing you used (unspecified) command?!" and then it lead to a permanent mute after a rather minor argument occurred.

A lengthier read that encompasses that same point, just with more specifics of the entire incident. TL;DR Some of this provides more insight, some of it is more useless to the appeal.

I was going to join the server as Ace was on and right before I joined he tells me he was banned permanently. Essentially goes to joining the server and immediately saying the sentence above.
Upon this, I was gagged without a warning, at this point I was still able to use my microphone, something along the lines of "It seems a little excessive to perma-ban someone over that" with the retort of "You know you aren't supposed to talk about admin stuff.” Goes into a slight argument over the incident, Shankin threatens to bring Spicy into the incident and, wishing to avoid that I simply go on the lines of stating “Nagh, nagh, I’m good.” Argument ends and I receive a permanent mute, turning this into a permanent silence. In other words, there was no point to in also issuing a permanent mute as the argument had ended, and it, at least in my own opinion, was minor as neither of us yelled, nor did it last for more than I would say 6-7 minutes (I didn’t pay attention to the time too much, all I know is that the argument had ended by the time the round had ended, so 6-7 minutes seems a reasonable time frame).

Reason why you think this punishment is unfair/uncalled for/biased, etc.

Just seems a little excessive to enact a permanent silence for what was basically a reaction, especially so without prior warning to the punishment being issued. Also, I feel there might be a misunderstanding of what is considered “admin stuff.” (To my understanding, we weren’t supposed to talk about happenings on a certain forum, and we weren’t supposed to reveal talks about what occurred in the admin meetings. However, questioning an admin about a permanent ban upon someone’s friend I wouldn’t really see as “Admin stuff” seeing as how the source bans area is a public thing everyone can visit, even if they have zero affiliation with the servers. Also, from my memories as admin, (specified command) was a command some regulars were already aware of and could figure out when it was used..)

That said, I think a non-permanent silence would’ve been a perfectly acceptable punishment, As I did join the server and immediately asked about it without being there, and it was clearly something of a touchy subject for Shankin at the time.
(In other words, I find a non-permanent punishment would’ve been fine due to that specific rule of “The admin’s word is final”)

Reason why we should remove the punishment:
It’s been 4 months and I personally fail to see any reason for this punishment to be permanent, especially since it was done so without a warning or being asked to simply not talk about it after I brought it up.
Last edited by SakuraTheBabyfur on Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed admin only information
MoneyKidKing

Re: Silence Appeal: Stocking (Or Kenno, whatever you wanna use)

Post by MoneyKidKing »

As you've stated, we are not supposed to talk about anything on the admin forums. You have shown on both the server and the forums that you do not either care to, or have the ability to adhere to this rule.

You will not be unsilenced at the moment. Appeal denied. Locking.
Shia Suprise
Spoiler