Gag appeal

DetectiveMetro

Gag appeal

Post by DetectiveMetro »

Your Steam Community Link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/kingcobrasuckscock/
Your Steam ID: STEAM_1:0:49947126

Which Admin Punished You: Plausible Sanity
Type of punishment(ban, mute, silence or gag): I don't know if I was gagged or muted, the icon is a chat bubble so I'll assume mute.
Server where you received the punishment: -[DISC-FF.com]- |24/7 Freak Fortress #1|
How long they punished you for: 1 Week

Reason why they punished you: Toxic, trolling, admin disrespect

Reason why you think this punishment is unfair/uncalled for/biased, etc. I believe that the overall punishment was biased because Sanity explained that what I was saying was to him toxic, troll, and admin disrespect, but in reality it wasn't; what I said was hardly a personal attack to his character where I called him a "normie" which isn't a derogative term but simply just calling him an average person, so to speak. His claim of being a "troll" was very unwarranted; Sanity said that I was being a persistant troll because I was telling people to follow rules? Think of it this way, in the role playing scenario a person acting as an admin is suppose to be theoretically a 'law' enforcer, which we can relate to a police officer. A police officer in the real world would gladly accept a person's help to enforce laws which he said I shouldn't do and leave to the admins which to me was inherently disrespectful because he was shooting down my attempts to better myself. I know I'm not the best person, but I know how to dot my i's and Sanity simply seems to take things overly personal to the point where they impact him more than they should. What I said wasn't disrespect but banter that he claimed to be annoying. Which I understand, I can get carried away with chatter.

Reason why we should remove the punishment: I feel that maybe Sanity wasn't entirely in the wrong, and personally in his shoes I would have received a punishment- but a lot lesser of a time. Sanity, being a professional at what he does to the server, should understand that people have the right to speak their mind, and what he did was unacceptable, taking things too serious. Ultimately if not totally removed, I should receive no more than a 1-2 hour punishment.

Thank you,
Detective Metro
My Sanity

Re: Gag appeal

Post by My Sanity »

When coming on to help handle a report on the server, I was explaining why doing no damage as a limited class is not tolerated on the server. During this, he proceeded to conisitantly question me and stating the rules where dumb. Then he proceeded to gloat at Faiithe (she was on to help) that he got his punishment over turned. This was my first indication that Metro doesn't seem to appreciate the rules or care for them.

As time progressed on the server and over multiple maps, he would continue to troll people on the server and constantly try to poke me to get a response. He was also toxic and disrespectful not only to me, Many, and Faiithe, but to other players as well. I warned him over chat and mic and multiple kicks to knock it off with the toxicity and trolling. He was also warned by many to not question or pick a fight with the admins.

He proceeded to continue trolling trying to "enforce" rules on the server. During this time, he also stated that he "appreciated an admin who just kicks instead of bans, that way I can come back and continue." Clearly disrespecting the rules and the admins word to drop being toxic and trolling, he continued, but not as much.

On the next map, during loading round, he proceeded to call me a normie because I'm simply enforcing the rules. I consider this an attack on myself and went to gag him. During the two and half map rounds with server 1, Many, and Faiithe as witnesses, he continued his behavior.

Metro made it very clear to everyone that he lacks the respect to play on the server with the admins and other server regulars. He continues to push the lines as he feels he can just get away with it. If I could hear is mic better, I would have probably muted him earlier, but couldn't understand most of what he was saying

Based on these chat logs from him (https://disc-ff.gameme.com/player_histories/chat/251613), it only re-affirms that he is toxic, a troll, and has no care for the rules or the community. I issued the punishment on these grounds and his recent past punishments as well. While he appears to be sincere here, I can assure you he is not, as per his logs, he is "using his law skills" to weasle out of another punishment.

It is unorthodox of me to say this, but I'd call for him to be silenced for two weeks, then closely monitored close after given the overwhelming evidence against him based on his past punishments, how he acts and treats others on the servers, his total disregard for the rules and respect for the players and community of Disc-ff.

If you have any questions, please feel free to message myself, Many, or Faiithe as they were witnesses during this time.

Plausible Sanity

"Pretty fucking cool man" - Fire 2017
"Fire: Don't tell anyone" - Fire 2018
"If I find out who stole my shit, I'm gonna slap you." - Fire 2019

I go by Plausible Sanity on the servers.

MoneyKidKing

Re: Gag appeal

Post by MoneyKidKing »

As you have been punished multiple times regarding similar issues, let me make one thing clear. If you have a problem with an admin or how they are enforcing the rules on the server, gather evidence and make a report on these forums. Arguing with admins on the server is the easiest way to getting punished.

As you seem to be invested in law enforcement/reading of the law, you understand that police officers serve to protect the public welfare by enforcing rules (laws) within the community. If you ever get confronted by an officer (admin) for causing a disturbance (etc), it will not benefit you at all to argue with them. Your best option is to get evidence and bring it to internal investigations/a judge (forums) as the one responsible for maintaining the enforcement of the law.

Regardless, your appeal has been denied. The time of the punishment will be neither lengthened or shortened. Further issues on the server may lead to other punishments being issued. Locking.
Last edited by MoneyKidKing on Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shia Suprise
Spoiler