Khalin unban appeal

WhySoSeriousGaming

Khalin unban appeal

Post by WhySoSeriousGaming »

Your Steam Community Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198086926991/
Your Steam ID: STEAM_1:1:63330631

Which Admin Punished You: Yang
Type of punishment(ban, mute, silence or gag): Ban
Server where you received the punishment: Prophunt

How long they punished you for: Permanently

Reason why they punished you: Admin impersonation

Reason why you think this punishment is unfair/uncalled for/biased, etc: I think it was completely fair, it was my intention to get banned in the first place.

Reason why we should remove the punishment: There are a few excuses. First, this was quite a while ago, like maybe last year or a bit before. Second, I didn't hurt anyone in the server, I changed my name to yang, called him into the server and he banned me. I let everyone in the server know it was Khalin, not yang. (he accidentally banned himself while our names were the same lmao) Third, I was an unstable little shit back then who would go off on anyone who showed even a hint of hostility. (Im pretty sure all of the stemmed from Yang taking a health pot I was going for in Farm feud) Now, I've calmed down a bit. I don't have time in my life for drama or anything of the sort. I can settle for an indefinite mute, I'm just looking to play with some friends every now and then. I've cleared up most of grudges and have personally apologized to everyone who I felt I had talked to in any way that wasn't necessary. (2 of these people have blocked me so I have been unable to make amends but as soon as I get the opportunity I would like to)

Personal note: Apparently after I was banned there was a kind of civil war among all the people in the prophunt server (it provoked a lot of bad things supposedly, one of the cases brought to my attention being on the more serious side) I want to try to get all the people that took my side to come back to the server and forget all of this happened. I would also like to personally apologize to soup and yang in particular. I was in a toxic relationship and I had exams every other day. I was a ticking time bomb and I let all my frustrations out on you guys. I said some insensitive, pathetic stuff to the both of them. Yang especially. (None of which I meant, I was just s e e t h i n g) Yang was the one admin, (unluckily for him) to have to tolerate me the majority of the time, since we share the same timezone. But what makes me feel genuinely guilty is that after all the insensitive comments I made toward him that night, he still tried to give me chances, telling me that if I dropped it we can forget about it. Again, it was uncalled for and really unneeded. I would also like to apologize to some of the other admins, mostly Jasmin. She without a doubt has dealt with the most shit from me spanning from what? 3 years? and I really let her down that night. Thanks for your time, have a good night.
Khalin
Jasmine
Veteran

Re: Khalin unban appeal

Post by Jasmine »

It probably comes to no surprise to anyone that I am all for second chances.
Yso has been part of our community a long time before this said incident and he was also a big part of the group that daily played prophunt.
I don't think one period of our lives defines us and I think everyone deserves to make amends and to be accepted.

So as I played a small part in this incident and the aftermaths I feel the right to post my opinion.
I think the ban should be lifted.
Much love
Jasmine
My Sanity

Post by My Sanity »

Jasmine wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 11:15 am It probably comes to no surprise to anyone that I am all for second chances.
Yso has been part of our community a long time before this said incident and he was also a big part of the group that daily played prophunt.
I don't think one period of our lives defines us and I think everyone deserves to make amends and to be accepted.

So as I played a small part in this incident and the aftermaths I feel the right to post my opinion.
I think the ban should be lifted.
Comments such as "he is a cool guy unban him" or "this guy shouldn't be on our servers at all" are prohibited. Also, secondhand information regarding the dispute/appeal are STRICTLY prohibited. Only clear-cut evidence or first hand accounts are valid.
https://www.disc-ff.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=4287.

Please remember to read the rules and etiquette on Ban disputes before commenting. Thanks.

"Pretty fucking cool man" - Fire 2017
"Fire: Don't tell anyone" - Fire 2018
"If I find out who stole my shit, I'm gonna slap you." - Fire 2019

I go by Plausible Sanity on the servers.

Jasmine
Veteran

Post by Jasmine »

As I said sanity, I was there when it happened and was a part of it. I didn't personally ban him but I was a part of the whole thing since there was a lot of smaller incidents, discussions behind scenes and other incidents leading up to this.
I Was also mentioned in the appeal and there for I consider myself having the right to have an opinion wether he should be able to come back on our servers or not.
Last edited by Jasmine on Thu May 10, 2018 5:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
Much love
Jasmine
Yang Xaio Long
Veteran

Post by Yang Xaio Long »

I'm throwing my two cents here,
personally I don't think Khalin should be unbanned, I still stand by my original statements on the original appeal,

But if the majority decide to unban him then I will support the decision.
I just don't wish to see the very little players that play prophunt scared off by the toxic attitude that khalin gives off, IF its still there.
Edit 23/11/21: What d'ya want? If you're here from 2021 and beyond and you want to find me, you can find me at → speedrun.com/user/Mr.Blonde ←

One Vision, One Purpose! The Technology of Peace. Peace Through Power

WhySoSeriousGaming

Post by WhySoSeriousGaming »

I've been lucky enough, even after I fucked up the first time to still have the support from an admin. I feel more obliged than anything to put action into my words and prove it's not just lip service, because I know if there ever is a next time, there'll be no one left to back me up. "I just don't wish to see the very little players that play prophunt scared off by the toxic attitude that khalin gives off." Andreas and I are the only pros I know of that gives 2 shits about prophunt. We even went as far as to attempt to host a ph tournament with our own, self funded prize pool in an effort to try to save the gamemode (forum post still up). Scaring away newbies is not my intention by any means. I also will not try to plea and persist that I'm not toxic anymore and expect you to believe me, that's why I would not complain in the slightest if a permanent gag/mute was issued. All I will say is that I don't want to let Jasmine down (((again))) and I'm willing to undergo any test / trial or sit through any punishment you may want to issue in order for me to be able to play prophunt again.
PembrokeWelshCorgi
Veteran

Post by PembrokeWelshCorgi »

I was not originally involved in this ban, but I talked with Spicy about this appeal. I'm also the only remaining Prop Hunt admin.

In my opinion, since the ban in question (aside from one previous ban on dodgeball) is the only major offense on record, I'm all for giving Khalin a second chance. However, due to your past behavior, I won't hesitate to take action if you continue to act toxic in the server.
Last edited by PembrokeWelshCorgi on Wed May 16, 2018 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
In the not too distant future, next Sunday A.D....
MoneyKidKing

Post by MoneyKidKing »

You have been unbanned. Please refrain from antagonizing any player on the server in the future, as it will lead to further punishment

Locked..
Shia Suprise
Spoiler