Perma ban on Melvin for being hijacked.

Post by Themelvin742 »

Community link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Themelvin742/
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:90423433

Which Admin Punished You: Smeh
Type of punishment(ban, mute, silence or gag): Perma ban
Server where you received the punishment: No server
How long they punished you for: Permanent
Reason why they punished you: This account got hijacked and was used to contact other users also friends to steal their cosmestics worth a fortune and or keys, It took me around 10 hours to regain full access for this with the help of an actual admin of steam to recover the password and the account itself.

Reason why you think this punishment is unfair/uncalled for/biased, etc: Well now that I've gained total full access to this, no more endangered of being used by another hijacker, I am back.

Reason why we should remove the punishment: Reason for that is that I am known for being in good communications with other tf2 dodge ball players. I don't ask for personal info on other users.I don't scam. I just get on to have fun and play some dodge ball, nothing else concerning other players inventory.
shmeh333
Veteran

Re: Perma ban on Melvin for being hijacked.

Post by shmeh333 »

Hello,

It is as Melvin said, I received steam messages from him stating that he was offering "services" to me, and that he would ban me as a "Steam Admin" if I did not comply. His profile contained links that led to many warning signs on a possible phishing attempt. After some inquiring, I found that other people, specifically people on my friends list that were friends with Melvin, were also contacted with the same/similar phishing attempt. All of those friends were players on the DISC-FF Dodgeball server.

I have been told from others that Melvin's profile changed when the hijacker was on it, that Melvin did not have the suspicious links before. I personally have not heard of this behavior from him in the past; I became friends with him because he was a regular on the dodgeball server.

While I believe that Melvin has his account back, there is an easy way to see if this is true. I propose to unban him, and see if he can play dodgeball. He will be silenced in the meantime, which I would lift after I have confirmed it is indeed Melvin.

Admin Werm is also aware of the situation.
Last edited by shmeh333 on Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
MoneyKidKing

Re: Perma ban on Melvin for being hijacked.

Post by MoneyKidKing »

You have been unbanned, and we will not be issuing a silence on you as it does appears you had been hijacked and any supposed phishing attempts were done through steam messages, and not performed on the server.

If there are any future issues, we will address them, but in the meantime the situation is resolved.

Unbanned. Locking.
Last edited by MoneyKidKing on Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shia Suprise
Spoiler