Ban Appeal

guyfawkes501

Ban Appeal

Post by guyfawkes501 »

Your Steam Community Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198073005679
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:56369975

Which Admin Punished You: AngelAmbrosius
Type of punishment(ban, mute, silence or gag): Ban
Server where you received the punishment: -[DISC-FF.com]- |24/7 Idle/Trade #1| [RTD/BP]

How long they punished you for: 1 week

Reason why they punished you: "Own Reason - Abusing report system"

Reason why you think this punishment is unfair/uncalled for/biased, etc.
A player on the server named "friendly :)" continuously spammed the text chat with hacking accusations and threats to report the other players. It reached the point that the other players could not enter a message without it being nearly-instantaneously deleted to make room for his messages. Many other people on the server repeatedly asked him to stop, to no effect. An admin - Jaunty - was present at the time: when he refused the requests to do something about "friendly :)," Jaunty's exact words were "I'm going to let him have his fun." I reported "friendly :)" to the disc-ff team after that, which caused me to be banned for "abusing the report system."

Reason why we should remove the punishment: I have no intention of causing trouble on any TF2 servers, as evidenced by my 100% ban-free history. I want to help keep this particular server a fun place to play, and because the admin present refused to stop a spammer despite several requests from the players, I believe reporting "friendly :)" was a responsible action that did not constitute abuse of the reporting system, especially considering that I intended to stop "friendly's" repetitive, unfounded threats to falsely report players.
JAUNTY

Re: Ban Appeal

Post by JAUNTY »

Before I say my piece, I would like to apologize for not taking action towards friendly's spam in chat yesterday, it was unprofessional of me to just sit there and let him fill up chat one message at time. Now on the other hand, while it looked down upon to threaten reporting someone for reasons of which they are not doing, it is not against the rules, not discouraging your act of reporting what could have been a player breaking the rules though. I will talk with Angel about this ban and see if it can be lifted to make sure that you're back on DISC-FF servers ASAP, once again I apologize for you ending up in this spot for doing something you thought was right.

EDIT: It's come to my attention that during this time (according to the admin that issued this punishment), you tried reporting friendly multiple times, I need remind you that reporting someone once will alert any admin that is online, this could very well lead to severe punishment if abused so with that said you will be unbanned, but be warned not to file multiple reports again in a very rapid manner as it could lead you to receiving another weeks time away from the servers.
Last edited by JAUNTY on Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dongle
Forum Mod

Re: Ban Appeal

Post by Dongle »

Appeal accepted.
ImageImage