Banned for extremely transphobic reason?

Scratchh

Banned for extremely transphobic reason?

Post by Scratchh »

Your Steam Community Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Scratchh
Your Steam ID:STEAM_0:1:59623688

Which Admin Punished You: (See note 1 below) SpiceCandy
Type of punishment(ban, mute, silence or gag): Ban
Server where you received the punishment: DISC-FF 24/7 Saxton Hale #1

How long they punished you for: Permanent

The reason on SourceBans is "Manipulating server spectate. Killed both sides in VSH", but my message when being banned was "no lgbt fags allowed"

The sourcebans reason is true but wasnt in a malicious way and it wasnt just me doing it. I tried joining a team and it glitched out the server and put me as a heavy on the spectator team yet i was an actual entity. I proceeded to kill a bunch of people and joke about it on voice, and the glitch that happened crashed almost everyone on the server, prompting us to relaunch TF2 and rejoin. This wasnt on purpose. Someone named Inf4rno also did it with me on accident.

Still dont know why my ban reason ingame was "no lgbt fags allowed". Thats seriously messed up and I hope you find whoever did that and demote/punish them accordingly. It doesn't feel good to be harrassed like this. Seriously messed up.

Reason why we should remove the punishment: All I was doing was joking around with my friends over voice, and having fun. I was actually mostly silent towards the end. I dont know why I was banned for something like that when it was very clearly an accident. and I heard afterwards a lot of regulars who attend the server were insulting me for being trans and continuing to harrass me afterwards.
SpicyCandy
Forum Mod

Re: Banned for extremely transphobic reason?

Post by SpicyCandy »

You were banned for exploiting on the server despite warnings from regulars and admins. According to many eyewitnesses, you were also incredibly toxic on the server, throwing obscenities at nearly every player. Seeing as how this was your first connection to VSH, it's almost obvious your intent was to troll and exploit. Normally, I would deny this appeal, but I will add you to discuss further details. If you ignore the add request, this appeal will obviously be auto-denied.
SpicyCandy
Forum Mod

Re: Banned for extremely transphobic reason?

Post by SpicyCandy »

Discussed with player. Exploitation was not intentional and was a server-side issue. Hostility was between this player and a group of other players. Perma ban lifted. Thanks for your appeal.