I was banned due to a joke, which if examined close enough was quite obvious. (Proper Format)

Scatolae

I was banned due to a joke, which if examined close enough was quite obvious. (Proper Format)

Post by Scatolae »

My community link is https://steamcommunity.com/id/boxebutstrange/
My steam ID is STEAM_0:1:118225610

I was banned by Nathan_TK in the Idle/Trade #1 server.

I was banned permanently for an aimbot which never existed, and no evidence was shown. Just a joke where I was killing people as a heavy and every time I died I'd joke in chat about my 'aimbot' not 'locking onto' them. It turns out people believed this and Nathan ended up banning me without (probably) spectating or recording a demo of me. This punishment should be removed because it was a false ban.

Anyways, I had to reformat this because my first post didn't follow the format correctly.
Last edited by Scatolae on Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nathan_TK
Server Admin

Re: I was banned due to a joke, which if examined close enough was quite obvious. (Proper Format)

Post by Nathan_TK »

Firstly, I’d like to apologise to you. After looking at your time on Idle, and TF2 in general, I highly doubt that anybody with those numbers would be using scripts. But, I think I should explain myself a little too. People coming on the server with scripts sometimes aren’t subtle about it, and occasionally even just outright say that they’re using hacks. Just because the server has VAC enabled doesn’t mean that it will catch everything, especially since some paid programs are undetectable. I’ve even seen people using custom scripts that they test on the server, starting off bad and modifying them to be better. So from my point of view, it did look like you were doing that.

Anyways, I’m chalking this up as a poor judgement call on my end, and I’ve removed the ban.
MoneyKidKing

Re: I was banned due to a joke, which if examined close enough was quite obvious. (Proper Format)

Post by MoneyKidKing »

Ban has been appealed.

Locking.
Shia Suprise
Spoiler