Post by Sam Hayzen »

Your Steam Community Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/SamHayzen/home
Your Steam ID: Sam Hayzen

Which Admin Punished You: "Faiithe"
Type of punishment(ban, mute, silence or gag): Ban
Server where you received the punishment: Achievement Idle

How long they punished you for: "1w"

Reason why they punished you: Unknown, might be related to recent report

Reason why you think this punishment is unfair/uncalled for/biased, etc.: I'm not sure what it means(?)

Reason why we should remove the punishment: I just made a report(?)

>been playing the server for a while, this is my first time on the forums

Edit: Reason listed as "abusing report"
I just saw the player using hacks and reported it, but I guess I was wrong. I wasn't aware that that constituted abuse of the report system, and it won't happen again.
Last edited by Sam Hayzen on Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Faiithe
Veteran

Re: Generic Ban Appeal

Post by Faiithe »

Hi,

You reported someone for "Hacking". I checked it out and he's one of our known regulars on idle, Panny. According to him and several other players, you reported him for merely destroying your buildings constantly. That does not constitute a report. I asked you several times, in chat, on screen and in mic what your report was about. I even slayed you to get your attention; I gave you every opportunity to respond and you ignored me on all accounts.

Abusing the report for no reason is a week ban.

Ban should stay.
Sam Hayzen

Post by Sam Hayzen »

Wait, hold on. They were literally on top of the main building and they were sniping me and other players in the underground section. I saw it on the kill cam when I got shot. It happened twice that I was in the blue spawn door to the underground and I was getting headshotted from a player on the roof.

Sorry, I wasn't aware you were trying to reach me; I have my mic receive volume off. I'd be happy to elaborate on it. I wasn't trying to be elusive, my bad.
Last edited by Sam Hayzen on Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sam Hayzen

Post by Sam Hayzen »

Hold on, I'll load up the map in singleplayer and take some snips to illustrate what I saw
Sam Hayzen

Post by Sam Hayzen »

Alright, I'm having some trouble. The max attachment size is in the kilobytes, and I can't make these images any smaller with them still being legible. Is there a way to get around that? Or better yet, a better method of communication?
Last edited by Sam Hayzen on Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Faiithe
Veteran

Post by Faiithe »

What you're describing is the result of an alt-tab bug, players can derender after this is done multiple times and can make them appear as if they're somewhere else on the map entirely. Valve doesn't have a mainline fix but it can be subsided by using "record demo" in console and then quickly typing "stop recording" afterwards, this refreshes the instances in your game and can fix rendering issues.
Sam Hayzen

Post by Sam Hayzen »

Well, alright, that makes some sense, thanks for the explanation. But I don't really understand. Is it caused by me alt-tabbing or by the player who appears to be moved?
Faiithe
Veteran

Post by Faiithe »

It's caused by you alt tabbing
Sam Hayzen

Post by Sam Hayzen »

But wait, I hadn't alt-tabbed. But, I guess there's no way to prove that.
I suppose I should've gathered some evidence before I made the claim. I assumed it would be like some other servers where a report would be filed, and the mods could rewind with some anti-cheat plugins or something to definitively determine what happened. I prolly should've considered that things aren't so simple.
Sam Hayzen

Post by Sam Hayzen »

>managed to get the pictures small enough, but the attacher says "board quota reached"
But the images probably aren't so important now