Appealing a permanent ban for "impersonation"

mrfunnyman

Appealing a permanent ban for "impersonation"

Post by mrfunnyman »

Your Steam Community Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198125592544/
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:82663408

Which Admin Punished You: Dark (Can't remember full name)
Type of punishment(ban, mute, silence or gag): Ban
Server where you received the punishment: Freak Fortress (Although it seems to take effect in all ff related servers)

How long they punished you for: Permanent

Reason why they punished you: Admin "Impersonation"

Reason why you think this punishment is unfair/uncalled for/biased, etc.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mej0nwXkuoc
As stated in the video description, impersonation is up to context. Was it annoying? Probably. Should it be permanent? Hell naw.
Saying "Hurr Durr Im an admin funny joke" in quote is made very clearly it's not impersonation, and just a stupid joke.

Reason why we should remove the punishment: Obviously not impersonation. This is an annoying joke at it's worst. If need be, just make the ban shortly timed. The only lesson i've learned is to not make any contextually obvious joke in-game.

Extra notes: Sourced from SourceBans.com, I also have no previous bans on this community.
Last edited by mrfunnyman on Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darkone2e
Veteran

Re: Appealing a permanent ban for "impersonation"

Post by Darkone2e »

As the context show by your own video shows, you are a disrespectful troll and not needed on our servers. Refused!!
mrfunnyman

Post by mrfunnyman »

Literally have no previous bans and been playing on these servers for years. One thing like that gets a permanent ban?
EDIT: checking your username now, you’re actually the one who banned me. You’re not a robot Dark and you know it wasn’t impersonation. Clear as day. What I did was just doing an unfunny, but obvious joke that YOU decided to take seriously. This is different than saying “haha im hacking guys”. I laugh in the video because in that time, it was a “are you kidding me?” laugh.
Also uh, checking source bans, you still haven’t unbanned that guy you accidentally banned for a week for my ban reason of “not an admin”. just wanting to let you know.
Last edited by mrfunnyman on Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
White Sedan
Veteran

Post by White Sedan »

Ban has been removed. We take admin impersonation seriously whether joking or not. While I do think you should’ve been banned I don’t agree with it being permanent.
----
Hoff wrote:Consider yourself lucky I am not taking legal action against your server.