Which Admin Punished You: Keybowls
Type of punishment(ban, mute, silence or gag): Ban
Server where you received the punishment:
Dodgeball

How long they punished you for:
Permanent

Reason why they punished you:
Scripting, submitted demo attached to this thread

Reason why you think this punishment is unfair/uncalled for/biased, etc.
I do not script or use any exploit.

Reason why we should remove the punishment:
Cannot deduce any examples of scripting or third-party exploitation in the admin
supplied demo file, you can carefully notice I am indeed a human.

EDIT: Demo file https://filebin.net/aefiv6yb3qy0j1zt/Li ... t=zzuic9lz
Last edited by lilceez on Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keybowls

Re: Scripting Perm Ban Appeal

Post by Keybowls »

Dave,

When you were playing in the server, I immediately realized there was something going on when you would start airblasting rockets. I know your play style, but there were some very suspicious rockets that you would catch.

For example, you were seen by myself and others hitting fast rockets behind you while facing forward.
There's a difference between backshotting the rocket, and just hitting it behind you while looking forward.

There's another bit in the demo which takes place in the Box Evening map. You're seen in between player Clout and player McMouse. Clout is slightly to your right and McMouse is on your left, standing by the wall. A rocket approaches McMouse. The rocket passes to your left side, and before McMouse can airblast it, while you look forward, you airblast the rocket.

There's no way he could have hit the rocket immediately due to him being on the far left of the map (from your POV and him standing by the wall) and Clout couldn't hit it either (he's in front of you, slightly standing to your right). Also no way you could have hit the rocket while looking forward, since the rocket went to your left. But you did hit the rocket.

Even before the demo was recorded, many pointed out how strange your mouse movements were.

Those are the reasons why I have issued a Permanent Ban on the Disc-FF Dodgeball Server.

Witnesses:
Fisher & gorf
lilceez

Post by lilceez »

Hello Kibbles,
Keybowls wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:56 am For example, you were seen by myself and others hitting fast rockets behind you while facing forward.
There's a difference between backshotting the rocket, and just hitting it behind you while looking forward.
What happened there is called a "drag". I time a 180 degree flick behind me, airblast the rocket behind me, and do another 180 flick back facing forward. This reflects the rocket forward as if I directed it and is meant to throw peoples timing off. Sometimes it will appear over the network as if I did not turn around but follow the crosshair, it doesn't snap back like some bot program.
Keybowls wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:56 am There's another bit in the demo which takes place in the Box Evening map. You're seen in between player Clout and player McMouse. Clout is slightly to your right and McMouse is on your left, standing by the wall. A rocket approaches McMouse. The rocket passes to your left side, and before McMouse can airblast it, while you look forward, you airblast the rocket.

There's no way he could have hit the rocket immediately due to him being on the far left of the map (from your POV and him standing by the wall) and Clout couldn't hit it either (he's in front of you, slightly standing to your right). Also no way you could have hit the rocket while looking forward, since the rocket went to your left. But you did hit the rocket.
Referring to the reflect at ticks 8450-8525? You can see me reach for it and it isn't that far, the rocket curved toward us than left from my perspective toward McMouse. Here is a screenshot of where I hit it while looking up
Keybowls wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:56 am Even before the demo was recorded, many pointed out how strange your mouse movements were.
I don't think they're strange, perhaps uncommon to some (dragging is frequently seen in other dodgeball communities), and I am a little surprised you think that too on account you know I have played here for a number of years. I'm also curious as to why you didn't try to talk to me about any of this beforehand.

Anyway hope that clears things up, not upset just wanna play some dodgeball.

Cheers,
Dave
fishermatt3552
Veteran

Post by fishermatt3552 »

Alright, so i'm not going to pretend to know the in's and out's of dodgeball, but there was definitely some sketchy things i saw while on the server, and watching the demo. There were quite a few times where you pretty much locked onto the rocket, and i don't believe anyone on the server could have that kind of reaction time. The fact that you're apparently also using an alt also makes you incredibly suspicious. Kibbles was able to say it better, but there was definitely a lot of suspicious stuff going on.

Frankly, i believe 100% you were hacking/scripting/whatever else, and i don't think you need to be brought back on any IP.
lilceez

Post by lilceez »

Hi Fisher,
fishermatt3552 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:58 pm Alright, so i'm not going to pretend to know the in's and out's of dodgeball, but there was definitely some sketchy things i saw while on the server, and watching the demo. There were quite a few times where you pretty much locked onto the rocket, and i don't believe anyone on the server could have that kind of reaction time. The fact that you're apparently also using an alt also makes you incredibly suspicious. Kibbles was able to say it better, but there was definitely a lot of suspicious stuff going on.

Frankly, i believe 100% you were hacking/scripting/whatever else, and i don't think you need to be brought back on any IP.
I apologize for using an alt account, I just use it to avoid socializing and blast music as I play. Doesn't change the fact that Kibbles still recognized me and didn't ask anything, Lexi was there, clout too, they'd probably disagree with this claim after seeing the demo.

Sorry you believe that though, don't know what you mean about locking on I don't really follow the rocket just point and click. I would be willing to explain how it's not really reacting when you time your reflects, but sounds like you aren't interested in listening. Please refrain from mocking me in chat, don't appreciate it.

Have a good one,
Dave
MoneyKidKing

Post by MoneyKidKing »

Under review.

I have reviewed the demo with a number of experienced players in the community (who did not know who they were watching), and the overwhelming opinion is that it looked like an experienced player just playing the game.

Appeal Accepted.

Locking.
Last edited by MoneyKidKing on Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shia Suprise
Spoiler