Admin Abuse

Jordo.jpeg

Re: Admin Abuse

Post by Jordo.jpeg »

Garygator and his friend Bastard joined the Murder server at about the same time last night, the evening of Friday, May 1st, just before midnight. They were repeatedly micspamming phrases very similar to “Guys what does murderer mean?” It was clear they understood the concept of the server and were trying to get under the skin of others on the server. While continuing this, they began to focus more attention towards Ninny, as they asked him to “calm down” over and over again despite Ninny conducting himself in a perfectly civil manner.

Around 11:55, Greyyy was called onto the server to deal with this, and Garygator was served a 30 minute mute. At this point, I take the liberty of thanking Greyyy in the server chat for her fulfilling her duties as admin. Things were relatively peaceful for the ensuing half-hour, barring Bastard’s protest of his friend’s deserved punishment as well as a slight uptick in chat usage from Garygator. Neither of them showed any interest in becoming acquainted with the server rules during the punishment. Around 12:25, when the mute was coming to an end, Gary’s voice penetrated the server’s voice chat as he made noises which I can only describe as resembling that of somebody testing out a mic. Once he confirmed that he could be heard over the server, he and Bastard immediately turn right back to Ninny, who’s only defense is to disconnect from the server for roughly 30-60 seconds before rejoining. The map changes as Ninny reconnects.

Knowing where this was going and becoming increasingly exasperated, I DM’d Greyyy to come back and monitor them once again. The Ninny remarks seem to slow down as Greyyy is connecting once again, funny enough. Greyyy had not been in the server for a minute before Garygator begins to flood the voice chat with a rendition of the “Peanut Butter Jelly Time” meme for several seconds. I ask him to stop over voice chat, and he proceeds nevertheless. He is muted once again, this time for 60 minutes. He and Bastard begin to defend him. Garygator begins to chatspam several insults and protests toward Greyyy before he is gagged for 30 minutes for what appeared to be arguing his punishment in addition to chatspam.

Sometime after Garygator’s final punishment is delivered, he RDM’d Greyyy over the server out of frustration.

I don’t recall quite as well the following timeline, in which user Reggie’s Nipple takes the place of Garygator alongside Bastard, as the new duo continues, once again, to harass Ninny. Perhaps Ninny would remember this portion better. I felt bad for Ninny throughout the night, as he or she never really caught much of a break from needless and uncalled for bullying. I was becoming very annoyed with having to listen to the constant spew of garbage towards Ninny, and I can only imagine his or her frustrations as well as the poor experience on the Murder server.

I’m admittedly somewhat baffled by any controversy regarding the lack of clarity of Greyyy’s power. After Garygator’s initial punishment, I sent two messages in the server chat that indicate Greyyy’s status: the first thanking her for the relief, and the second pointing her in the direction of the other primary rule breaker. Both of these messages are visible in the second screenshot provided by Garygator: https://imgur.com/a/s6wkL7w. Official admin lists for Disc-FF servers are not private information, and can be easily found by somebody who is interested enough to look at the server chat for hints. As if this wasn’t enough, Greyyy has it publicly written on her profile that she is an admin for the server. It would make sense that somebody punished for actions on the server may feel compelled to take matters into their own hands and find more information about server regulation for themselves.

Let me know if there’s anything I can do to shed more light on the situation.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/jeffnamemyis/

- Jordo

EDIT: Fixed a spelling mistake.
Last edited by Jordo.jpeg on Sat May 02, 2020 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feel free to contact me if you need anything else or there's something I can do. Thanks.

- Jordo
Freddy
Veteran

Post by Freddy »

Though I wasn't there. I think these mutes were justified from what Jordo has said about this situation. There shouldn't be any action taken against Greyyy.
-Freddy

Fire
Owner

Post by Fire »

If anyone is mic spamming (singing or making noises or repeating words) the admin has the right to use the fastest means possible to stop it. It would be better to use the Warning system but if they feel a mute is faster and appropriate that's fine too.

SirGrey made a few mistakes here and I have spoken with her about them.

Firstly, a admin should not lie to someone about being a admin. The context here was she was still monitoring the servers to catch other rule breakers and wanted to remain anonymous. What she should have done instead of lying is just give no response until she was finished dealing with the situation on the server.

Second, all admins are required to give you information on how to file a report if you feel something was done incorrectly. This information was not given. If it happens again it will result in a harsh disciplinary action.

Third, there was a contextual miscommunication. When she said she spoke with me she was referring to a previous incident, not that she had informed me of what currently was going on.

After speaking with both parties over voice chat, I believe we have come to an understanding on both sides. This issue has been resolved and this report is closed.
Last edited by Fire on Sat May 02, 2020 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage