Perma Mute Appeal

Post by YourWalletInspector »

Steam Community Link: 76561198331799188
Steam ID: 76561198331799188
Punisher: HankHill , Mute (Voice Chat)
Server: Murder At the Manor/Murder Mod
Duration: Permanent
Reason: You haven't learned a thing/Annoying mic talk/mic spam
Reasons why you think this punishment is unfair/unbiased: I partially think that this punishment is unfair, At the end of the day, my reason for punishment was deserved, 2 years ago, I was perma muted while playing Murder. Back then, I was an immature teenager who really didn't know any better, back then,
I didn't really have a concept at all of common sense, and I didn't actually pay attention to the admins, I was really stupid and when I was muted for the first time, I felt bad, and appealed, got it accepted, but I didn't actually learn anything, I was completely oblivious and definitely deserved the first
and second mutes. After I was muted for the 2nd time, I really started to shut myself up, and after 2 years, I have grown more maturity and know when to speak and when not to. Being overly loud in a server like this is very clear and not something not noticeable, I also would like to mention, if it matters,
that out of my 3 other siblings and my parents, I have the most severe case of ADHD in my family, and my whole life it has been chaos trying to deal with it, the effects of ADHD include not thinking before speaking, blurting out random subjects, non focus, and ignorance. Leading up to my first mute, I was in
the middle of trying to deal with this, but I really wasn't that self aware at all, and it did cause a lot of the reason for my mutes, I would constantly laugh and make emotion in the mic with no hesitation, and I don't want to get into it anymore, it wasn't good.
Reasons why you think we should removed this punishment: Overtime, people change, people can change even in 6 months, and change even more in 2 years, and I have changed alot, I'm no longer an ignorant alarm anymore, and I promise I will deliver the proper behavior that is enrolled in the server, I am thankful
for myself and how much I have grown off of ADHD because back when I got my first mute, my entire life like I said was absolute chaos, I was taking meds since the 3rd grade, and even then They didn't work sometimes, and it wasnt until after my 2nd mute when I was truly motivated enough to care and I have improved
a lot, I promise that if I ever get unmuted, I will be way more calmer and will use the mic a lot less.
HankHill
Veteran

Re: Perma Mute Appeal

Post by HankHill »

As far as I can see, you've had numerous chances to improve, and even during a time of emotional turmoil, it would be blatantly clear something would need to change each time you were punished--especially considering you've appealed a permanent mute already AND it took about two months for it to be reinstated by yours truly.

Two years later, I'm not convinced; I won't speak for any other admin nor even community member (any of them that are directly involved are more than welcome to express their viewpoint themselves, I don't have to do that for them), but I'm very well aware of your past history. Your recent behavior in chatlogs...well, to say it reeks of passive-aggressive behavior towards at least me would be an understatement.

Due to the aforementioned, I stand by the permanent mute and don't see that changing soon, if at all.
Last edited by HankHill on Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Paul (The Disguiser) murdered 14 players.
Paul (The Apprentice) murdered 14 players.
Paul (The Butcher) murdered 14 players.
YourWalletInspector

Post by YourWalletInspector »

1. I'm not aware but, have I been muted more than twice? You say numerous chances but do you mean other occasional warns ingame?
2. Can you quote something I said in logs that would lead you to believe that I have not?
HankHill
Veteran

Post by HankHill »

Also worth noting there's a ban also on record; these are just the communications-based punishments, each one linked to the same Steam ID.

2. Okay. For readability, I'm gonna post both the direct pictures and the chat messages in proper order.

From December 22, 2022, starting at 18:24:25, last message in this string at 18:27:20

im muted
from two years ago
yes
permamuted on vs
for being 'annoying'
no slurs or death threats
Two Minutes Later
bro i was muted by paul
you know how strict he is?
he perma muted me for being a bit annoying
yeah i mean

For somebody who claims to be changed, you seem to do plenty of misrepresenting your case.

December 26, 2022, starting at 23:31:08, ending at 23:31:21

i killed both paul and ignatious
i win
the gamemode
I WIN

Ya know, speaking of this, I failed to mention how you seemed to be hard targeting me in the game and others might be noticing, but this one? Way I see it, you felt big killing Ig, the top player, and me, a bad player who also happens to be the person who permamuted you, and many rounds you extensively ignore other players just to strike me down when you're murderer.

Piece le resistance, however, is December 27, 2022, at 19:41:19 through to 19:43:24, where you decided you wanted to interject me telling somebody to not rdm by claiming the player didn't know better.

paul you literally picked up the cleaver
infront of the zobrak
yeah well to him it looked like you did
wasnt rdm.
how do you know that
paul? ik you can look at playtime but like he cant know everything
yeah
zobrak saw you pick up a cleaver
and shot you
it looked like it though
paul he thought the guy picked it up because the cleaver disappeared as you walked over it
so he shot you regardless
it wasnt....
whatever

Keep in mind, not only was the Butcher already heavily revealed at that time, but the player in question, Zobrak, is an old regular that knows most of the ins and outs of the gamemode, and would know A Disguiser can't pick a Cleaver up, no matter how much he wants to chop that meat. You already know not to chime in when an admin is either dealing with somebody or, ya know, just making sure things are clear with another player.

I think this pretty much sums it up.

Paul (The Disguiser) murdered 14 players.
Paul (The Apprentice) murdered 14 players.
Paul (The Butcher) murdered 14 players.
PastaStalin
Forum Mod

Post by PastaStalin »

You've already appealed once, got it accepted, and then got permanently muted yet again. After reviewing Paul's response, and after witnessing your own behavior myself, I do not believe that you would make good use of yet another chance of being unmuted.

Appeal denied.
If you have map suggestions for the DISC-FF Surf server, then you can ask me. I will set them up for you.