Gamefreak Admin Abuse On Idle #3

White Sedan
Veteran

Re: Gamefreak Admin Abuse On Idle #3

Post by White Sedan »

Considering this is the second time in two days someone has reported Gamefreak for "abuse", I think something might be up and it should be investigated.
Last edited by White Sedan on Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
----
Hoff wrote:Consider yourself lucky I am not taking legal action against your server.
Faiithe
Veteran

Post by Faiithe »

Booker DeWitt wrote:
Jutzi13 wrote:People reported me that Gamefreak had turned on friendly fire and gone afk. While he was gone, people started camping their own spawns as heavies. He came but didn't do anything about it. I join the server and get immediately killed by a friendly heavy. Before I could say anything, he noticed me and turned it off.
Admin testimony is certainly enough to reveal at least some signs of abuse.

I have to agree to this.
Last edited by Faiithe on Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Crazy

Post by Crazy »

Turning on Friendly Fire is really not abusive at all. If Fire wouldn't want admins to have control of Friendly Fire, he could easily recompile the plugin and remove the function. A demo of Gamefreak turning it on and then going AFK would be show enough proof to satisfy whatever people want done.
Last edited by Crazy on Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EngiDesu

Post by EngiDesu »

Crazy wrote:Turning on Friendly Fire is really not abusive at all. If Fire wouldn't want admins to have control of Friendly Fire, he could easily recompile the plugin and remove the function. A demo of Gamefreak turning it on and then going AFK would be show enough proof to satisfy whatever people want done.
Yeah. Friendly Fire has been turned on numerous times with me, but I normally don't AFK with it on. If I do, I just hop away for a matter of a few minutes (either to use the restroom or grab a snack) and be right back to handle the matter. The only way I can see this being a problem...

1) A ton of players are complaining about it being on in the first place, rather than later on down the road. (Call a vote first.)
2) The Friendly Fire being turned on and then the administrator immediately leaves afterwards.
3) Some of the friends having easy persuasion to getting the administrator to do what he/she wants.

Besides, you can't really blame an administrator for something coming up and having to go away for a bit. Since I wasn't around or anything, I can't really give any eyewitness reports, but I can give a third-party perspective into this matter.
Last edited by EngiDesu on Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
Engi Desu ★ Owner of WrenchRekt Server Group ☆ Too Sassy For You
Faiithe
Veteran

Post by Faiithe »

We have Friendly Fire on Freak Fortress which is absolutely never allowed to use for admins...
Last edited by Faiithe on Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
SpicyCandy
Forum Mod

Post by SpicyCandy »

Currently under investigation.