raffle scam

SakuraTheBabyfur

raffle scam

Post by SakuraTheBabyfur »

Someone came in to the new minecraft trade/fun #2 server recently, and said they were hosting a raffle. Knowing how these can sometimes be scams, I immediately used status to capture his steam id, to examine it further. two people joined, and it seemed like no one else was joining, so the person said "Well since there is only two people i might as well do it now, which if the raffle is real,one would want a minimum amount of people to enter, to make a profit. Usually in these scams, a friend of the person joins the raffle, to make it seem like the winner is random but is actually just the friend of the person who scammed. I asked who joined the raffle, and checked the list with the scammers friends list and sure enough, D3XT, which also happened to win the raffle. To further prove it was a scam, there was no trade in the chat for the winning key, and both parties left almost immediately afterwards.

Scammer: Sharp53
URL: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198043272376
ID: STEAM_0:0:41503324 (ID3: U:1:83006648)

Friend: D3XT
URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/D3XT
ID: STEAM_0:1:60499642 (ID3: U:1:120999285)
Last edited by SakuraTheBabyfur on Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Survivor of the Gaymen Apocalypse 2015
Gaymen wrote:Forum ban? Is that like a band full of faggots like Armen.
White Sedan
Veteran

Re: raffle scam

Post by White Sedan »

A similar thing happened on trade no f2p a while back before I was admin. Except It involved a spycrab middleman and his friend was spycrabbing. Trade/fun #2 really does need admins ASAP.
Last edited by White Sedan on Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
----
Hoff wrote:Consider yourself lucky I am not taking legal action against your server.
Armen
Veteran

Post by Armen »

Holy shit that's obvious as fuck.
Last edited by Armen on Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dubstab
Veteran

Post by Dubstab »

Okay, so yeah. I think your report will be dealt with. Although, try to make sure to make screenshots of what is going on. A very good screenshot would be of him saying it's him who won (for example). Also make sure you use the format!
Last edited by Dubstab on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
SpicyCandy
Forum Mod

Post by SpicyCandy »

This report needs to be reformatted into the proper format here >> http://www.disc-ff.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=4287
You also need to provide proof, screenshots, demos, anything.
Last edited by SpicyCandy on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
EngiDesu

Post by EngiDesu »

SpicyCandy wrote:This report needs to be reformatted into the proper format here >> http://www.disc-ff.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=4287
You also need to provide proof, screenshots, demos, anything.
I could actually analyze the chat log and see if he was advertising the raffle or not. However, since Trade/Fun #2 is NOT on the Ranks list, yet, I'm unable to pull up anything that may or may not help this person at all.

Edit: Since I was in a rush to leave this morning and only had a minute to review this morning, let me add onto this...

Raffles are actually against the rules in any Disc-FF server, unless they're hosted by the server itself, because they're normally intended and laced with scam-intentions. If you see anyone impersonating a staff member to do a raffle and/or aggressively pushing forward a raffle after being warned not to, then please report them on the forum or contact the appropriate admin immediately. Usually the nice and legitimate raffle holders will not aggressively push and they will respect the rules. I usually give them a warning, a kick, and if they come back to continue their aggressiveness, then they're gone with a permanent ban. I have very little tolerance for raffles, unless they're free entry raffle, then they're welcome on the server.
Last edited by EngiDesu on Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:25 am, edited 8 times in total.
Engi Desu ★ Owner of WrenchRekt Server Group ☆ Too Sassy For You
SpicyCandy
Forum Mod

Post by SpicyCandy »

Until you have sufficient proof and a correct format, your report is invalid. Please submit another one when you have both.