is this word aloud in ff

thegodlybeing

is this word aloud in ff

Post by thegodlybeing »

i was playing FF yesterday and came across a guy who said N@!#@er and there was no admin at the time and the were disrespectful and i dont know the usernames so i just want to tell you guys that nothing happend
Last edited by thegodlybeing on Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thegodlybeing
soulharvester
Veteran

Re: is this word aloud in ff

Post by soulharvester »

thegodlybeing wrote:N@!#@er

On Topic: I'd honestly say it depends on how it was used, and more so, on how often.

Disclaimer: I'm not aware how strictly the admins enforce bans on what I'd call "Offensive Speech" on the TF2 servers, however, so take that with a helping of salt.
Last edited by soulharvester on Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:04 am, edited 5 times in total.
EngiDesu

Post by EngiDesu »

Honestly, how I see this matter...

If you're not directing it at people and saying it in a very loose manner, I don't see any harm in saying them. However, if someone does get offended by it, then politely apologize and refrain from saying it again. If you're intentionally being malicious with using those words and trying to start shit with people, then that can easily trigger problems on the servers and things can go out-of-hand quickly. So, it's a matter of usage. However, there are some words that shouldn't be said at all.
Last edited by EngiDesu on Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Engi Desu ★ Owner of WrenchRekt Server Group ☆ Too Sassy For You
Haku*
Veteran

Post by Haku* »

I recall discussing this with trade/fun admins a while back when I was told that racism wasn't banned in the rules. But honestly the rule 'don't be disrespectful' kinda covers it don't you think? If no one is offended then there is no disrespect towards anyone really and no one is trying to start a fight. However if someone is offended then we probably. will ask him to avoid using it while on the server. He refuses? ->punishment.
The rules ''don't be disrespectful'' and ''don't try to start a fight'' pretty much cover this i think.
-Haku*
Last edited by Haku* on Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clicking the image above brings you to my profile. Technology, right?
Have a great day!
Dubstab
Veteran

Post by Dubstab »

soulharvester wrote:Disclaimer: I'm not aware how strictly the admins enforce bans on what I'd call "Offensive Speech" on the TF2 servers, however, so take that with a helping of salt.
Approved.

As you know: The TF2 servers are more strictly into this. Though, >> most << admins don't mind too much if you do not use it constantly (Means that you use it in (nearly) every sentence.) either if you aim it towards a person.

Though, some admins don't allow anything that even seems like the same word..
Last edited by Dubstab on Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Abraham
Veteran

Post by Abraham »

Im on the same line with soulharvester and dub mostly. On my part it depends on the situation, I allow friends call eachother as what they like. Then again if a random person hops in and starts calling everyone disrespectfully I do what I see to be necessary.
Last edited by Abraham on Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Darkone2e
Veteran

Post by Darkone2e »

That word got a 2.5 month ban from me, I have no tolerance for any one who uses it.

I think no one should tolerate it at all, But my reasons are very deeply rooted.
Last edited by Darkone2e on Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faiithe
Veteran

Post by Faiithe »

I don't allow it either, so I warn the player. However if they continue using it, that's when I kick/ban them.
Last edited by Faiithe on Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goinundercover
Veteran

Post by goinundercover »

The n word, especially on ff1 can result in a warm or mute.
Last edited by goinundercover on Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retired.
gnore96

Post by gnore96 »

thegodlybeing wrote:i was playing FF yesterday and came across a guy who said N@!#@er and there was no admin at the time and the were disrespectful and i dont know the usernames so i just want to tell you guys that nothing happend
nigger

USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST.
Last edited by SpicyCandy on Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Disregarding Report/Ban Disputes Rules/Etiquette.