Is This Scamming, and if so, A Report of Scamming

ichiro31

Is This Scamming, and if so, A Report of Scamming

Post by ichiro31 »

Your in-game name: ichiro31
Your in-game Steam Community Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198102248697/

Rulebreaker's Steam Community Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198120436386

Server on which the rulebreaking occurred: idle/trade #3

Witnesses: Rudresh

Proof: Im sorry, but I do not have any proof for I did not record video of it, nor screenshot any of the chat feed.

The player that I am reporting, SPOCK, had held a little contest where he stated that, "Whoever can answer this question in ten seconds will get my entire backpack." When I answered the question correctly in ten seconds, he claimed I did not say it in time, even though practically most of the server was backing me up on the topic. He never gave me his items and also left after requesting a trade with him twice.

P.S. If this does not count as scamming, then this is not a report. If this does count as scamming, this is a report.
Last edited by ichiro31 on Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dubstab
Veteran

Re: Is This Scamming, and if so, A Report of Scamming

Post by Dubstab »

Since you do not have any proof, I would like to advise you to provide the Steamlink from your witness.

Also: Did this happen in chat or in voice chat?

You were not the nicest person here too, though.. (Read from bottom to top):
Spoiler

EDIT 1: Added chatlog.
EDIT 2: Added info.
Last edited by Dubstab on Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Monkeypeas
Veteran

Post by Monkeypeas »

This isnt a scam, he didnt take anything from you, its a troll

Scamming = lying/tricking to make a profit/free items, stealing items through trickery

Sharking = lowballing unexperienced players, offering less than something is worth to someone who doesnt know better

Trolling = fooling/tricking someone for no gain other than to waste time
Last edited by Monkeypeas on Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Serena
Veteran

Post by Serena »

Monkeypeas wrote:This isnt a scam, he didnt take anything from you, its a troll

Scamming = lying/tricking to make a profit/free items, stealing items through trickery

Sharking = lowballing unexperienced players, offering less than something is worth to someone who doesnt know better

Trolling = fooling/tricking someone for no gain other than to waste time
Yeah, I was going to say that, I just wasn't sure what the specific rules are on that server. But yeah, I'd say it isn't scamming because you aren't losing anything from it, they're just messing around with you. Did you really think someone would give their entire backpack to someone for answering a question? No offense, that seems really obvious it's a joke.