Ban Appeal

Post by Skyefox »

Your Steam Community Link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/skyethefox
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:44404281

Which Admin Banned You: Faiithe
Server which you have been banned on: 74.91.119.154:27019

How long they banned you for: Permanent

Reason why they banned you: Exploiting

I do not necessarily think this ban is unfair. I know the rules and I know exploiting is against them. At the time, what I was doing was using a demoman's shield to charge up the wall of a map and slowly descend back to the ground. This did not seem like an exploit in my head when I was doing it. I thought I was just taking advantage of the charge ability to escape the wrath of the boss. No other players seemed to be bothered by it, either - in fact it even made some of them laugh when they saw a demoman go sky-high up an invisible wall. What I do think is unfair is the length of the ban and how I was banned. I did not receive any warning prior to my ban. The only 'warning' I received was the innocent medic who was simply using his medigun to rubberband onto me disappear and see his name in the chat box saying he had been banned. A few moments later, I received the same treatment.

Reason why we should unban you: I have been a regular on the DISC-FF Freak Fortress 2 #2 server for a ludicrously long time now. This is my first offense I've committed in my time here. To simply be permabanned (without warning) after all the laughs and good times had here, is simply heartbreaking. I am sincerely sorry for what I did, and only ask that my ban be shortened to a more reasonable amount of time.

Thanks,
Skye
White Sedan
Veteran

Re: Ban Appeal

Post by White Sedan »

I was on the server at the time and I do agree that permanent was too much. I think a week would've been fine but some admins do handle certain situations differently than others. I was the one who told Faiithe to come on the server and I also wanna point out that someone over the mic (can't remember the name) said "You know exploiting like that is bannable" the first time you did it.
Last edited by White Sedan on Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
----
Hoff wrote:Consider yourself lucky I am not taking legal action against your server.
Skyefox

Post by Skyefox »

I do recall someone saying that over the mic. I did not know it was directed at me though. Like I said, when I was doing it, in my head I didn't think I was exploiting. I probably just brushed it aside thinking it was somebody else.

edit: I would like to ask why you did not tell me to get down first, WhiteSedan?
Last edited by Skyefox on Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Faiithe
Veteran

Post by Faiithe »

Any exploit is a permaban. If you said you've been on the server for a "ludicrously long time", you should know by now that exploiting, in this case, you going out of the map's edge, are severely punished as we want people to have a fair play in the servers. Since you're not new to the servers and knew what you were getting yourself into, I feel this ban should stay, but I can be flexible if Spicy wants a shorter ban as he will be the one reviewing this.
White Sedan
Veteran

Post by White Sedan »

Skyefox wrote: edit: I would like to ask why you did not tell me to get down first, WhiteSedan?
I figured since you ignored the first guy who said it you would ignore me too.
Last edited by White Sedan on Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
----
Hoff wrote:Consider yourself lucky I am not taking legal action against your server.
Skyefox

Post by Skyefox »

White Sedan wrote:
Skyefox wrote: edit: I would like to ask why you did not tell me to get down first, WhiteSedan?
I figured since you ignored the first guy who said you would ignore me too.
The reason I 'ignored' him is because I didn't know it was directed at me. My name was not mentioned in his warning. That's also not a very strong argument, considering -you- are the admin and it's your responsibility, not a random player's, to enforce the rules.
Last edited by Skyefox on Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
White Sedan
Veteran

Post by White Sedan »

Skyefox wrote:
White Sedan wrote:
The reason I 'ignored' him is because I didn't know it was directed at me. My name was not mentioned in his warning. That's also not a very strong argument, considering -you- are the admin and it's your responsibility, not a random player's, to enforce the rules.
First off, nobody else was exploiting at the time so it couldn't be directed at somebody else, second, I'm not an admin on Freak Fortress hence the reason I asked Faiithe to join.
Last edited by White Sedan on Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
----
Faiithe
Veteran

Post by Faiithe »

He's not an admin on that server, I am. He called me in because someone was doing something that was clearly against the rules. It doesn't have to take a whole community to tell you that what you were doing was an exploit.
Last edited by Faiithe on Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skyefox

Post by Skyefox »

Faiithe wrote:He's not an admin on that server, I am. He called me in because someone was doing something that was clearly against the rules. It doesn't have to take a whole community to tell you that what you were doing was an exploit.
His in-game name at the time had [FF-A] in it. Therefore, I assumed he was an admin, which he is. I am not an admin, clearly, so I'm sorry that I didn't know how admins of different servers work.
Last edited by Skyefox on Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skyefox

Post by Skyefox »

White Sedan wrote:
Skyefox wrote:
White Sedan wrote:
First off, nobody else was exploiting at the time so it couldn't be directed at somebody else, second, I'm not an admin on Freak Fortress hence the reason I asked Faiithe to join.
Again, I didn't realize what I was doing was an exploit. How was I supposed to know across the entire map behind walls and buildings there was not a different player exploiting?
Last edited by Skyefox on Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.