Aquamelon Admin Unstabilty/abuse

XxDMAN00xX

Aquamelon Admin Unstabilty/abuse

Post by XxDMAN00xX »

I was just on a Slender fortress #1 server looking to play some slender! right when i join i ask how everyone doing. looking for some help on the game mode. I asked to the admins one question. What does the energy bar deplete from? randomly a admin named Aquamelon said if i talk again i would be muted. i asked why and he said because i was a squeaker then gave me a temp mute. I know this was just him and his speakers/headset because the following reason

#1. I just got a brand new pop filter and microphone that makes my voice more clear
#2. when i was muted someone said i quote " =T$E= Moosbo : aqua don't mute him? He doesn't squeak"
#3. I tested my voice in the tf2 voice options and it sounds fine and like i'm above the age of 15 (i'm 14 turning 15 on 1/27 (20 days)

I'm really disappointed that the server would hire a admin with ether a non working headset or a short fuse. I hope this is a short thing for the admin and nothing that will stay, i would love to enjoy talking to people on the server without being muted.

Thanks

~DMAN
Benstartri
Veteran

Re: Aquamelon Admin Unstabilty/abuse

Post by Benstartri »

Please reformat your report with these guidelines if you want us to look at it. Makes things easier. http://www.disc-ff.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=4285
Last edited by Benstartri on Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Profile picture made by Faiithe.

Aquamelon

Post by Aquamelon »

I was told by a senior admin to mute kids regardless if they squeak or not. again, the mute i gave you was only until the map ended or you rejoined as i wasnt told on how to respond to kids that dont squeak. still though. this is what i was told Dman. if i'm wrong it wont happen again. I'll ask the same admin on what to do with kids that arent squeakers.
Dubstab
Veteran

Post by Dubstab »

In general I don't understand why squeakers need to be muted.. Because you basically set an age on when you can use your mic. In FF2 I don't mute anyone, except if they spam, disrespect, etcetera OR if I see the majority of the server complaining about the person.
Haku*
Veteran

Post by Haku* »

The way I deal with squeakers is that i leave them be as long as they dont start breaking chat rules.
But if everyone is complaining about them I usually ask them to stick to text and only advertise trades (I admin trade/fun #1.)
Or talk if someone asks them something. If they refuse politely that then I tell him/her that I can't help if the rest of the server is mean since it's better to just mute him/her than the rest of the server and if the person continues annoying everyone (even if they dont mean it.) ill give a temp mute (max 60 min or so.) -Haku*
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clicking the image above brings you to my profile. Technology, right?
Have a great day!
SpicyCandy
Forum Mod

Post by SpicyCandy »

Most of the time, unless you are being extremely annoying or the entire server is requesting your mute, you will be left alone. There may/may not been some reason for the mute.

Your mute has probably ended by now, so if such an event occurs again, feel free to add the admin to discuss your punishment or make another report on forums.
Last edited by SpicyCandy on Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.