Silence Appeal.

BigNastyTeddyBear

Silence Appeal.

Post by BigNastyTeddyBear »

Your Steam Community Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198076499119/

Which Admin Silenced You: uhhhhh.... Darkone2e@Best??

Server where you received the Silence: Freak Fortress 1,2,3

How long they Silenced you for: Perm

Reason why they Silenced you: The admin (Dark) was following orders, I was silenced because of a bind I had used in game a few months back by admin Dubstab. His "reason" was that he was tired of the disrespect I was having to other players. "I have more binds than you have hairs on your dick" was the bind in question. The original silence was for a week then Dubstab brought it to the attention of other admins that I should be perm silenced. The perm silenced was carried out by former admin Faiithe on server 1. The silence ONLY went into effect on server 1 and a few weeks after that I went to server 2 to join a friend and when I typed "!halenext" I discovered that the Silence was only effective on server 1 and none other so I brought it to an admins attention and they said they would look into it. No reports were filed against me, I received no bans/gags/silence/kicks during the time (month and a half or so) I was enjoying server 2 more. Weeks then again passed and I joined server 2 and Darkone2e@Best silenced me and informed me that the silence was to be carried out on all the Freak Fortress servers. NOTE I AM NOT SILENCED ON ALL DISC-FF SERVERS ONLY THE FREAK FORTRESS SERVERS AND I HAVE BEEN ROAMING AROUND SOME OF THE DIFFERENT SERVERS THE PAST FEW MONTHS

Reason why you think this Silence is unfair/uncalled for/biased, etc.: I understand why the original admin who silenced me (Dubstab) wanted to silence me in game because at times I can be very aggressive with other players at times. But for him it was more of a personal thing that has already been discussed on the forums before.

Reason why we should unsilence you: I don't believe that a perm silence was EVER necessary. Maybe a week, a month, hell 2 months wouldn't have really mattered to me and I did deserve some kind of "lesson" or "punishment" for my actions on the servers. I know I've had my issues with certain players (who will remain nameless) in the past but it's all water under the bridge as long as these players (who do know who they are) do not try to constantly harass me if I say something they don't like/agree with.

Facts to be taken under consideration:
1. I've had no reports against me from anyone on any of the other servers in a while.
2. Yes I did see that I was recently banned from the forums for a week for reasons unknown and was never discussed (not that big of a deal)
3. The people on Freak Fortress Server 1 (mainly speaking of regulars) are like my family there are always intelligent debates about current events going on in the world today and it hurts not being able to voice my opinion.

Another thought to consider? I understand if the silence isn't removed right away, but maybe ungag me for a month and have a sort of "vote" afterwards if the silence should be removed fully.

Ignore if you wish but I'm doing a quote every day and I figure the one I had up this morning works perfectly for this situation:
Do not let your personal feeling cloud your judgment when someone else's happiness is at stake
Last edited by BigNastyTeddyBear on Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm @Best because I am da best ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ °) ( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °) k
Jasmine
Veteran

Re: Silence Appeal.

Post by Jasmine »

Im not an admin on these servers but i would like to say that ive had teddy visit on both ph and db and he's behaved well. He's nice to others and makes people smile. i am always for giving people a second chance so that was just My opinion ..
Much love
Jasmine
Dubstab
Veteran

Post by Dubstab »

Okay. Since you keep pointing me out to blame, I will just step forward as first admin of FF2 to explain this all.

Let's begin: I liked you at the start with full trust that I even would like you on the team of admins. Later began to trace you after several reports for being disrespectful. I found back more and more disrespect. Eventually you just kept breaking my trust and faith I had in you

Even though I like the way you point out my name constantly and blame me as for your silence. As I have explained hundreds or thousands of times, which I will just again..:
1. I have warned you many times. I have muted and gagged you many times. You need to admit.
2. I figured out that I was not the only one having trouble to get my ass in to mute or gag your ass once again.
3. WE have talked about you in the admin meeting and decided TOGETHER to get on your ass to silence you permanently. Note the "we" and the "together".
4. You kept trashtalking me behind my back to some of my dearest SteamFriends, which made them do horrible things.
5. You have encouraged others to do bad to the server.
6. I figured that your punishment was not completed, since I headed you talking. I asked, just to be sure, if you should be silenced on all servers with Spicy. He said that the punishment was indeed for all servers and told me to inform the others to silence on sight.
7. Stop blaming me for every shit you have done. Stop telling me that I have done everything and that I have caused everything.

As for your appeal for your silence, I feel like you need (to start) to comply to the next things:
1. You stop blaming me.
2. Add me, and no that doesn't mean you need to be BFF's with me, and start to talk to me in a proper and respectful way.
3. You accept a TRIAL on only one specific server OF YOUR CHOICE.

If you do comply/agree: I will give you another shot. I will give you the opportunity to regain my faith and trust. And yes, I will stay nice as good as I can, as long as you do the same. And again: This is just for me. I don't know what other admins think about this.

EDIT 1: Removed imperfection.
EDIT 2: Added info.
EDIT 3: Removed imperfection + spelling fix.
Last edited by Dubstab on Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mindacos
Veteran

Post by Mindacos »

I honestly thought you were going to apologize after all this time.
Although all I'm seeing is you blaming dub for something YOU'VE done. The silence* will likely stay, although it's not up to me. Just my two cents.
Last edited by Mindacos on Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PukaTheDude
Veteran

Post by PukaTheDude »

Agreed with the above. No need to keep pointing fingers towards Dubstab since this punishment was a group decision including that you weren't exactly cooperative at the time that resulted towards your punishment.

Though I would consider having a trial for a temp removal for the silence as Dubs has mentioned. I would prefer to discuss this with the rest of the admins on Freak and get everyone's opinion on you if you deserve another chance or not.

As discussed before. Hopefully your attitude would have improved through your time of silence and awayness and to remember to not start unnecessary drama or provoke other players. Otherwise this would be pointless.
Last edited by PukaTheDude on Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Dubstab
Veteran

Post by Dubstab »

PukaTheDude wrote:Though I would consider having a trial for a temp removal for the silence as Dubs has mentioned. I would prefer to discuss this with the rest of the admins on Freak and get everyone's opinion on you if you deserve another chance or not.
Simply just put this forward in the admin meetings. I have written it down.

@BigNasty: Please be patient and wait out the month.
Last edited by Dubstab on Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Serena
Veteran

Post by Serena »

I agree with Jasmine on this one. Although it does seem like Teddy is pointing fingers at Dub and blaming him, it's just his look onto what happened. The wording could have been adjusted, though, but sometimes it's hard to put feelings into words without sounding harsh at times. I feel like Teddy has improved a lot and coming from someone who has had to change their attitude, (me obv) it's very possible. I think the fact that Teddy still plays on the servers and helps improve the community with his posts about the servers and hale bugs, it shows that he cares about the server even with the silence.

Everyone does deserve a second chance. I think Teddy has learned from this experience.
BigNastyTeddyBear

Post by BigNastyTeddyBear »

@Dubstab & Mindacos you fellas took this the wrong way I was simply stating the fact that did happen. Was not my intention to "point the finger" considering I have always admired when I was wrong in my former appeals. Might as well mention some names. Gandolph, Dubstab, Karly, hell I've even had issues with Puka and Amish but I've always admitted when I was wrong. I even did so in this appeal it just doesn't stand out as much. I know I was wrong BUT the original silence was for having a comical debate about troll binds. That's why it doesn't stand out that much because that situation may have been your breaking point Dub but to me it wasn't a huge deal. Remember at one point we were good friends you understand that 70% of the time my humor is mistaken for insults. With that being said I will not reply to this Adkins and players may comment if they wish but you can discuss it between yourselves about the appeal.
I'm @Best because I am da best ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ °) ( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °) k
White Sedan
Veteran

Post by White Sedan »

The fact that you've been playing on the servers this long even after being silenced tells me that you really have dedication and love for them. For that reason I think you should be given a second chance. However, please note that if you are unsilenced and go back to your old behavior, it will most likely result in a permasilence that cannot be appealed.
Last edited by White Sedan on Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
----
Hoff wrote:Consider yourself lucky I am not taking legal action against your server.
Armen
Veteran

Post by Armen »

A perm silence is a tad too much. It should have been at least a week at most.
If you do this again, I can promise that appealing probably won't help.
I will message the admin.

This situation will be brought up later so things may change. Your silence may be reinstated.
For now I have asked an admin to remove it until due time.
Last edited by SpicyCandy on Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:57 pm, edited 5 times in total.