Official Complaint against sambawarkiddo

zanzibarbarian

Official Complaint against sambawarkiddo

Post by zanzibarbarian »

To whom it may concern,

I am filing an official complaint against sambawarkiddo due to his abuse of administrator powers on the TF2 Prophunt server.

Context:

Player list:

I was playing prophunt on 3/29/2015 and sambawarkiddo was acting as an administrator.

I had built a dispenser close to the control point but which was by no means blocking access to the control point. Anybody who wanted to go to the CP could have easy access to do so.

Samba verbally told me to move the dispenser as I was "blocking" access to the CP even though there were many clear access points to the CP. I tried to verbally explain why I was not in violation of protocol and was met with a kick from sambawarkiddo.

I rejoined the server and tried to clarify the situation when I was met by a verbal ban from sambawarkiddo. below is the chat log from after this encounter.

Please notice how players woozy and player 1RandomHero comment "That wasn't very nice." and "you muted him for literally not doing anything"

Player 1RandomHero even goes so far as to claim admin abuse shortly after

It is understandable that there are certain rules that need to be followed on this server to ensure that all users have an enjoyable experience. However, I feel that sambawarkiddo went far beyond enforcing the rules over such a trivial matter. He later goes on to completely ban me from the server after gagging me for "ignoring an admin."

Regardless of the outcome of this decision, I would like to say that I apologize for any confusion and animosity I may have garnered from administrators of this server. I enjoy prophunt and would like to continue playing on your server, even possibly supporting it financially. Please reverse the ban on my account.

Thank you.
Last edited by zanzibarbarian on Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ocheu

Re: Official Complaint against sambawarkiddo

Post by Ocheu »

Even tho I was not in the server at this moment, and I dont know if you were actually blocking the cp or not, but in my opinion you should listen to an admin and it doesnt really matter if youre right or wrong. And was it that hard to move your dispenser just a little bit? Also maybe you remember what map was it on?

But yeah, right or wrong you should still listen to what an ADMIN tells you. And the ban is only 3 days long so its not that long >_>
Last edited by Ocheu on Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Image - Person_Unknown 2015

Stuff about samba and him gettin wreckd:
Spoiler

zanzibarbarian

Post by zanzibarbarian »

Ocheu wrote:Even tho I was not in the server at this moment, and I dont know if you were actually blocking the cp or not, but in my opinion you should listen to an admin and it doesnt really matter if youre right or wrong. And was it that hard to move your dispenser just a little bit? Also maybe you remember what map was it on?

But yeah, right or wrong you should still listen to what an ADMIN tells you.
I fully agree with you that in retrospect I should have simply moved the dispenser instead of trying to explain my situation but do you not agree that a complete ban, mute, and gag from the server for such a minor inferaction is not abuse?
Last edited by zanzibarbarian on Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ocheu

Post by Ocheu »

zanzibarbarian wrote:
Ocheu wrote:Even tho I was not in the server at this moment, and I dont know if you were actually blocking the cp or not, but in my opinion you should listen to an admin and it doesnt really matter if youre right or wrong. And was it that hard to move your dispenser just a little bit? Also maybe you remember what map was it on?

I fully agree with you that in retrospect I should have simply moved the dispenser instead of trying to explain my situation but do you not agree that a complete ban, mute, and gag from the server for such a minor inferaction is not abuse?
You did not get banned, gagged and muted because you didnt move your dispenser, it was because you argued with an admin also it says that you were disrespecting and threatening him in the ban reason and if thats true then you cant expect anything better than a ban. I would still like to know what map did this happen in just out of curiosity :P
Last edited by Ocheu on Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Image - Person_Unknown 2015

Stuff about samba and him gettin wreckd:
Spoiler

zanzibarbarian

Post by zanzibarbarian »

Ocheu wrote:
zanzibarbarian wrote:

You did not get banned, gagged and muted because you didnt move your dispenser, it was because you argued with an admin also it says that you were disrespecting and threatening him in the ban reason and if thats true then you cant expect anything better than a ban. I would still like to know what map did this happen in just out of curiosity :P
Here is the official ban report for my account.

sambawarkiddo, I would like an explanation from you how I "threatened" you and how I had a "poot attitude to players" when clearly, the players were on my side that you were too harsh in your use of administrator powers (see below).

Last edited by zanzibarbarian on Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
sambawarkiddo
Veteran

Post by sambawarkiddo »

With a comment such as "You will regret this" in chat, How is that not a threat, sir.
There was not a moment in which I abused any admin 'powers.' To begin with, I told you to remove your dispenser, and explained why. You refused. I told you bluntly to remove it. Once again, you refused. To remove it for you, you were kicked from the server.

When you rejoined, you began to arc up about the subject. You were told by myself and other players on the server at the time that using buildings to block egress is not allowed in the rules. You asked how to see the rules. I posted how in chat. You blatantly ignored this, Then, you decided to type !RULES instead of !rules. You never once attempted to type !rules. You gave it one try, and that was it.

To follow up, I let you be and told you to drop it or see where it would get you. You proceeded to insult me. Mind, you had already been rude to other players on the server already up to this point, and aggressive to everyone who also tried to tell you to check the rules and listen to the admin and stop arguing. You disregarded all notions.
In turn, you were muted for your behaviour.

You then proceeded the write in chat about how you were going to report me. Feel free to, however, this should probably have been placed in the other sub-forum, rather than a complaint/suggestion.

Then you returned to PropHunt shortly after leaving by your own accord, after being gagged. Upon your return, you stated I would 'regret' this. This can be seen as nothing more than a direct threat towards and admin, so you were gagged. Upon map change to CCHotel, I decided in the map change period that your threat would not be tolerated around my community, hence you have been banned for three days.

There were plenty of witnesses to this event, including a few regular players.

EDIT: As for your statement regarding your dispenser being nowhere near the CP, I strongly disagree. It was right in a direct access area.
I have also been notified that you had already been causing trouble for one of our other admins earlier on this exact same day.

I do not feel in the slightest bit comfortable with your presence on our Prophunt server.
Last edited by sambawarkiddo on Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
Fire wrote:You're a admin?
zanzibarbarian

Post by zanzibarbarian »

sambawarkiddo wrote:With a comment such as "You will regret this" in chat, How is that not a threat, sir.
There was not a moment in which I abused any admin 'powers.' To begin with, I told you to remove your dispenser, and explained why. You refused. I told you bluntly to remove it. Once again, you refused. To remove it for you, you were kicked from the server.

When you rejoined, you began to arc up about the subject. You were told by myself and other players on the server at the time that using buildings to block egress is not allowed in the rules. You asked how to see the rules. I posted how in chat. You blatantly ignored this, Then, you decided to type !RULES instead of !rules. You never once attempted to type !rules. You gave it one try, and that was it.

To follow up, I let you be and told you to drop it or see where it would get you. You proceeded to insult me. Mind, you had already been rude to other players on the server already up to this point, and aggressive to everyone who also tried to tell you to check the rules and listen to the admin and stop arguing. You disregarded all notions.
In turn, you were muted for your behaviour.

You then proceeded the write in chat about how you were going to report me. Feel free to, however, this should probably have been placed in the other sub-forum, rather than a complaint/suggestion.

Then you returned to PropHunt shortly after leaving by your own accord, after being gagged. Upon your return, you stated I would 'regret' this. This can be seen as nothing more than a direct threat towards and admin, so you were gagged. Upon map change to CCHotel, I decided in the map change period that your threat would not be tolerated around my community, hence you have been banned for three days.

There were plenty of witnesses to this event, including a few regular players.

EDIT: As for your statement regarding your dispenser being nowhere near the CP, I strongly disagree. It was right in a direct access area.
I have also been notified that you had lalready been causing trouble for one of our other admins earlier on this exact same day.
Samba,

You are making wild allegations about my behavior without any proof. I have firsthand witnesses and screenshots that show that you overreacted.

I truly apologize for placing my dispenser in a position that was not to your liking. However, I do not understand how placing one dispenser in an awkward location is a bannable offense. Please unban me and we can put this all behind us.

Thank you.
Last edited by zanzibarbarian on Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
sambawarkiddo
Veteran

Post by sambawarkiddo »

I would have loved to have recorded demo's of your foul language and negative and destructive behaviour and attitude, had I known you were going to act up in such a manner over voice chat.

I respectfully refuse your request for your ban to be lifted. Again, I do not feel comfortable with your presence on prophunt, given your current attitude and outlook.
Fire wrote:You're a admin?
Abraham
Veteran

Post by Abraham »

Heyo, you did post this into wrong section. This belongs to Reports/Ban disputes, not in Complaints/Suggestions.
Whenever an admin tells you to move your building, you do it. You do NOT argue him about it, end of that story. Now what comes to the gag/mute and the ban. In my opinion, yes, 3days is a little harsh and I would suggest bringing that down to 1day.All of us admins in prophunt have agreed to reduce our ban/mute/gag times so that for im suggesting the ban to be reduced to one day, however if the player comes back and does this again I have nothing against of him being banned for longer time. What comes to you saying "The players were on my side", I see one player backing you up and all I know he could be your friend etc, I dont see anyone else complaining for Samba's actions in there.

Again, listen and DO what admins tell you to do, do NOT argue them NOR disobey them. We were selected for a reason and believe it or not, we are only enforcing server rules for the good of our regulars and others.
Last edited by Abraham on Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImageImage
zanzibarbarian

Post by zanzibarbarian »

sambawarkiddo wrote:I would have loved to have recorded demo's of your foul language and negative and destructive behaviour and attitude, had I known you were going to act up in such a manner over voice chat.

I respectfully refuse your request for your ban to be lifted. Again, I do not feel comfortable with your presence on prophunt, given your current attitude and outlook.
The only negative and destructive behavior was coming from you.

According to player 1RandomHero, you muted me for "literally not doing anything"

Last edited by zanzibarbarian on Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.