Perma gag?

Graphically

Re: Perma gag?

Post by Graphically »

I've been informed of your rude behavior by regular players as well as other admins (and I have witnessed it first hand towards myself once as well), and so I'm sure that Corgi's gag on you was more than justified.
If it's an issue, TALK TO ME ABOUT IT. Most of the time I'm really not serious at all. I'm playing hide and go seek in TF2. Hardly, ever, serious. I sometimes say ridiculous things that are just off the wall because I'm bored. If this is bothering other players (and they're telling specifically you and not me), or if you're "witnessing" it first hand, then just say something rather than silently adding up a personal tally in your head to hold against me later. That's what I'm seeing happening right now.

Being silent and passive aggressive about it as admins, doesn't help anything or anyone. These events have don't unfold commonly. I was only /ever/ given a warning twice for dissing a map that Samba made. Outside of these two specific incidents that have been brought up, I've never been warned, gagged, or banned. I'm sure you have a log of these things, and that would reflect what I'm saying.

What I'm asking, and /still/ not getting are tangible examples of this rampant destruction behavior you guys are describing on the server that you've all been silently allowing. I don't come to the server to troll, I come to the server to joke around and have fun. I literally can't think of any examples. All my memories of me playing on this server is just me having a laugh and talking with my friends who I bring to this server and talk to with on skype.

The most disrespectful thing I can honestly think I've said was "Oh, cmon scout, take out your shotgun! You're the one and only, you've got a shotgun, you can shoot them now and use your milk to turn off your flames. Ohh, come on, nooooooo". Other than that, I can think of when ruudalastar or whatever was playing a game with me and I'd jokingly call him a "badmin" for not taking clearly ridiculous requests.
"Do not argue"
I'm hardly the one that instigates the arguments when it's not needed. With these two incidents, it's something I said, that Samba decided to challenge and call me out on. Example: I try to rock the vote and say the map is bad (the rtv passed). Samba challenges my opinion questioning my reasoning as to why it's a bad map, I tell him that the textures look like they're covered in jpeg artifacts and that props were just sloppily tossed all over the place and I get gagged. Sure I was being rather blunt about it but if he had just left my opinion as is, instead of taking it personally because he was the person that sloppily threw props all over the map and called it a prop hunt map then that's his fault for instigating the argument in the first place.

You can't just instigate arguments with players and then tell them to shut up when they argue back. That's how the incident that lead up to the most recent one even started, and I was putting my minimum effort into replying back to his instigations. I was playing on the server in a skype call with a very close friend, I didn't want to be part of that argument, I /really/ just wanted to play. It's one thing to go "I'm warning you now, if you continue this behavior which is against our rules you will be muted". But it's a whole other thing to pick an argument with a player, continue instigating that argument, and then try to use it as an excuse to issue an unwarranted perma gag 2 days after the fact.

I cant really say anything to that since I dont know who you are and wether you have or have not been gagged before. Still I trust the judgement of all ph admins and thats why I have nothing against this gag to be held as it is.
I've played a few games with you, I recognize the smiley face. You really shouldn't go "admins are always right, leave everything as is" if you didn't even read past the part where an admin admitted to making a mistake and said they'd remove an accidental perm ban. You're just unnecessarily ganging up against me here. I don't really hold it against you, I just want you to be aware of your behavior.
Last edited by Graphically on Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
discFF user

Post by discFF user »

All I can say is be patient and stay calm. You can at least still play on the Disc FF servers. I think Armen, Spicy or Fire are the only ones can lock these things and I believe Armen is offline.

If you feel this is wrong then I recommend taking screenshots and saving them so then you can maybe prove to people exactly what's going on.
Graphically

Post by Graphically »

There is no further need for discussion on the matter. Player was at fault, admins may feel like ungagging at a later time, but not right now considering the player's behaviour.

In future, do not argue with an admin under ANY premiss whatsoever, keep up a good and refutable attitude and there will be no issues.
Dude, if you're increasing the gag length to permanent when it was unintentional for it to be in the first place, then you're the one who's passing the permanent gag, not the original admin that already admitted to making a mistake.

Why are you now trying to immediately pass and close the appeal of a NEW gag you're trying to submit against me?

You literally were the one that argued with me. You instigated each argument against me when I was never addressing you in the first place. IF anything, you should be taking your own advice and not arguing with the players and then instigate it further and encourage it further when you could have just said "No arguing or you get gagged". Your passing of a permanent gag is incredibly biased as it's only based on two examples where you were offended because I didn't want to play on a map you made which /you/ wanted to argue with me about. You're taking this entire situation way too personally in my opinion. Second, I'm still waiting for a single example of /my/ rude behavior towards any other player the entire time I've been playing on this server and the reason why nobody told me about the supposed complaint. I'm completely clueless here and no one has done anything to back up their allegations.
Last edited by Graphically on Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Graphically

Post by Graphically »

discFF user wrote:All I can say is be patient and stay calm. You can at least still play on the Disc FF servers. I think Armen, Spicy or Fire are the only ones can lock these things and I believe Armen is offline.

If you feel this is wrong then I recommend taking screenshots and saving them so then you can maybe prove to people exactly what's going on.
There's nothing to screenshot or save. I've already explained everything in full here. I like talking to the people I play with in the prophunt servers. That's a big part of what makes it fun. On the brightside, I've added a lot of the regulars I play with so I can message them when I want to say something, and have fully explained the situation to them so they know why I'm seemingly ignoring them.

What has still be entirely pushed under the table is the nature of the complaints against me, and the reason why I was NEVER told about them or at the very least warned about them before they're now being used as second hand evidence to push a permanent gag through.
Last edited by Graphically on Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Graphically

Post by Graphically »

Happy Easter everyone by the way.
Kari
Veteran

Post by Kari »

I have lifted the gag. Apologies for the mistake!
Requesting this thread be locked now :)
Last edited by Kari on Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Graphically

Post by Graphically »

danka