"keep it halal" banned?

keep it halal

"keep it halal" banned?

Post by keep it halal »

Hi, today I may an alt account to play tfdb (as many of us do) under the name of "keep it halal" and I got permabanned from the DB server for supposedly hacking (I was doing very well. My peak db hours are before noon). I definitely did not hack... I usually play as "matsumoto//najma" on The Retirees and have rep. I don't know how to prove otherwise but I am willing to cooperate however necessary. Thank you.
Abraham
Veteran

Re: "keep it halal" banned?

Post by Abraham »

Last edited by Abraham on Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
keep it halal

Post by keep it halal »

Thanks. Sorry for not correct format, admin.

Your Steam Community Link: 76561198191867937
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:115801104

Which Admin Banned You: MoneyKidKing
Server where you received the ban: TFDB

How long they banned you for: Perm

Reason why they banned you: MultiHack

Reason why you think this ban is unfair/uncalled for/biased, etc.: I don't even know how to install or use hacks... I was just using an alt account I had just made and before noon is my peak time when I'm pretty good at tfdb. I play as "matsumoto//najma" on The Retirees usually and know many people there.

Reason why we should unban you: I was definitely not hacking and I am a fair and cordial player. Willing to cooperate in any way. Thanks.
MoneyKidKing

Post by MoneyKidKing »

First off
keep it halal wrote:I don't even know how to install or use hacks..
is not a valid excuse, many hackers have attempted to use it as such, and it holds no water.

When I joined the server earlier I noticed a f2p pyro, noticed scoreboard and saw it was you. Curious as to who you were I opened your steam profile and saw that you had less than two hours on Team Fortress 2. I then proceeded to watch you play for a bit, noticing you were using at least one script. Whenever you missed the rocket it was from it either going over your head, being switched to, or the rocket being slow (which to be fair, slow rockets are OP).

Now, I must ask, what made you use an alt? An excuse of "many of us use alts" does not sound like a reason to me. I ask you to add me on steam (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198027370091/) with your main account, not your alt so we may discuss. I will be speaking with players I know from Retiree's about you and your playstyle as well.

Edit: I also noticed you came on with your main earlier. I suggest you wait until the appeal is handled before attempting to join again.
Last edited by MoneyKidKing on Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Shia Suprise
Spoiler
keep it halal

Post by keep it halal »

Hi Money,

I understand you have a job to uphold as an admin and I respect it. Tfdb admins are usually pretty cool. I guess my first statement doesn't hold much water but to me it is legitimate. I am relatively new to the tfdb community (maybe around half a year or less?) but have learned pretty quickly. Most of the people on Retirees know me well and know of my playing style. Feel free to talk to them. I can assure you that I was not using a single script today, nor ever really. I missed the rockets that came from above because upspikes are my weakness tbh.

I made an alt account because one of my good friends, Rainy, was telling me about the thrill of having an alt account and surprising people with a suspiciously f2p character. I thought I would finally give it a shot and I found it hilarious to be completely anonymous.

I came on with my main to find you and speak with you but then Boner told me it could get me IP banned so I left right away.

I don't know what other proof you want because there is no other way to prove it other than anything I say... So I guess check me out playing on the retirees or talk to some of the folks on retirees.

Also, if it was a throwaway account for hacking I wouldn't go through the effort of submitting an appeal :P
Armen
Veteran

Post by Armen »

There are many hackers who tried to appeal so I can't really believe you when you say that.
MoneyKidKing

Post by MoneyKidKing »

After watching for several rounds on a separate server, I am going to remove the ban on your account. I still think you use scripts, but that is not against the rules. I am sorry for the misunderstanding and inconvenience.
Shia Suprise
Spoiler