Ban appeal? Actually more of an admin complaint

DeceptiKHAAAN!!!

Ban appeal? Actually more of an admin complaint

Post by DeceptiKHAAAN!!! »

Your Steam Community Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198005770495
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22752383

Which Admin Banned You: Kingdemomidas

Server where you received the ban: -[DISC-FF.com]- |24/7 Slender Fortress #1| [Scary!]

How long they banned you for: 1 day

Reason why they banned you: "Harassing other players"

Reason why you think this ban is unfair/uncalled for/biased, etc.:

Seriously? Killing people in a PvP arena is harassing other players? No wait. Just trying to kill this admin is considered harassing other players. There can be no other reason. I never said one thing in chat. All I did was try to attack people as a medic, and somehow got into a PvP tussle with this egomaniac. Clearly his ego is fragile enough that if I beat him up a few times with a medic melee weapon, and then run away when I have to leave (without letting him kill me one last time), I apparently inadvertently pissed him off so much that he bans me. Was there any warning? No not really. I definitely had logged out of the game before this ban ever happened so clearly he did it when I was offline. It wasn't until I came back hours later did I find this out.

Reason why we should unban you: You know. I don't really care either way. But I would suggest you think twice before giving someone with an ego that large (and fragile) admin powers. Killing people in a PvP arena is not harassment. That's the whole point of a PvP arena. If you get tired of getting killed in PvP arena, simply step out of it. If you banned every person who ever killed someone in that area, you wouldn't have any players left. And if you're an admin, don't use your powers for petty reasons. It makes you look just that. Petty.

Have a nice weekend.
PukaTheDude
Veteran

Re: Ban appeal? Actually more of an admin complaint

Post by PukaTheDude »

DeceptiKHAAAN!!! wrote:
Seriously? Killing people in a PvP arena is harassing other players? No wait. Just trying to kill this admin is considered harassing other players. There can be no other reason. I never said one thing in chat. All I did was try to attack people as a medic, and somehow got into a PvP tussle with this egomaniac. Clearly his ego is fragile enough that if I beat him up a few times with a medic melee weapon, and then run away when I have to leave (without letting him kill me one last time), I apparently inadvertently pissed him off so much that he bans me. Was there any warning? No not really. I definitely had logged out of the game before this ban ever happened so clearly he did it when I was offline. It wasn't until I came back hours later did I find this out.

Reason why we should unban you: You know. I don't really care either way. But I would suggest you think twice before giving someone with an ego that large (and fragile) admin powers. Killing people in a PvP arena is not harassment. That's the whole point of a PvP arena. If you get tired of getting killed in PvP arena, simply step out of it. If you banned every person who ever killed someone in that area, you wouldn't have any players left. And if you're an admin, don't use your powers for petty reasons. It makes you look just that. Petty.
We can understand that you'll get mad for getting banned for the day for this reason. Though really it really isn't that much. However, with the way you typed this "complain" and directed to King, it really doesn't help your case that you weren't harassing. Pretty rude enough alone here.

I'm not an admin here nor was I present when this happened but for sure, keep your cool, name calling an admin here worsen your case that you weren't harassing on the server.
Last edited by PukaTheDude on Sun May 24, 2015 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
DeceptiKHAAAN!!!

PukaTheDude wrote:
DeceptiKHAAAN!!! wrote:

We can understand that you'll get mad for getting banned for the day for this reason. Though really it really isn't that much. However, with the way you typed this "complain" and directed to King, it really doesn't help your case that you weren't harassing. Pretty rude enough alone here.

I'm not an admin here nor was I present when this happened but for sure, keep your cool, name calling an admin here worsen your case that you weren't harassing on the server.
It's not really the ban or the length that bothers me. It's when someone abuses their power for personal reasons which bothers me. If your definition of harassment is verbal abuse, then King should provide some screenshots (which I somehow doubt he will). I don't recall typing anything in chat other than to change settings. If killing people in PvP is somehow harassment, then you either need to ban more people, or make something more clear. If that's NOT considered harassment, then the issue lies with King. From my perspective, it very much looks like an ego thing. He wouldn't be the first person on the internet to ban someone simply for pissing him off. If someone bans me for legit reasons? That's fine. If someone bans me because I pissed them off while playing legitimately, I find THAT rude.
Last edited by DeceptiKHAAAN!!! on Sun May 24, 2015 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
King Demomidas
Veteran

Post by King Demomidas »

The length of ban and style had nothing to do with ego. It indeed was due in some part to pvp, but frankly it was a distinct large amount of "phlog" harassment in pvp you did toward other players that garnered my action. I actually enjoyed the little melee fight we had later on. =)
However, you left before I got the chance to give you a light punishment for your prior actions. It is my job to keep the server under control man, it has nothing to do with petty things like egos or pride. When someone does break the rules, even if it is a grey area rule, it is my duty to take action. Just wait the time out and we can have a laugh about this later. I''ll even buy you a dual mini-game to make it fun. Just a tip though, try to be more respectful on the forums please. =)
¸ .•♛•.¸¸.•♛•All That Glitters Is Gold•♛•.¸¸.•♛•.¸

DeceptiKHAAAN!!!

You mean phlog in the PvP arena? I'm confused now because I hardly ever use it. I know myself and others have used it before when the map starts and everyone is vulnerable in spawn, but that only lasts a short time and everything resets. And is phlog use in PvP automatically considered harassment? If so, I would recommend just banning the item altogether from the server. I'm sure there's got to be a way to do it. Otherwise, I know I've fought against people on PvP on this very server who were using a phlog constantly. I don't know if they were banned, but I certainly didn't mind. It actually made it more fun to beat them on the head with the medic and the bat outta hell.
King Demomidas
Veteran

Post by King Demomidas »

It's a grey area weapon for reasons you just now stated. It's a weapon that is in it's base form kinda harmless, but when you factor in instant-pvp spawning into the equation it is potentially a issue especially on maps like SCP. Take it into consideration like this, you may see it as a challenge to fire away at a ph-pyro, but not everyone thinks that way. We could end up losing visitors to the server if we leave the situation non-handled. On your idea of blacklisting the weapon, I think its a great idea and is easily handled. Sadly that isn't my department. =/
Last edited by King Demomidas on Sun May 24, 2015 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

DeceptiKHAAAN!!!

Well, I'll gladly never use the weapon again if it's an issue. I'm not a huge fan of it anyway.

But I will kindly ask this. If this is a bannable offense, I would highly suggest you warn the person or ban them at the time of the transgression, or at the very least, very shortly thereafter. You and I were fighting quite a while with me as my birdman medic. During that time, you could have (and probably should have) banned me for whatever I had done before we were sparing. When you ban me only after I run away from a lengthy fight, it's going to come across to me that it was about that fight.

Sorry for the hotheadedness.

Perhaps I'll see you in-game tomorrow. :)
King Demomidas
Veteran

Post by King Demomidas »

That I will admit was on my part, I was having too much fun dueling you and frankly lost track of the action I needed to take, by the time I remembered, you had already logged out so the offline thing was a last resort really. I had no other choice given the exact situation. However it looks like you do admit what was done was wrong, and are going to dial back on that things usage. So thank you on that. Hope to see you tomorrow as well. I expect plenty of "BirdPunchie Medic". =) Have a good one sir.

Armen
Veteran

Post by Armen »

I'm guessing this was dealt with.
If not, you can always PM me.