Report against Ridley

BigNastyTeddyBear

Report against Ridley

Post by BigNastyTeddyBear »

Your in-game name: ☠BigNastyTeddyBear☠@Best
Your in-game Steam Community Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198076499119/

Rulebreaker's Steam Community Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002145507

Server on which the rulebreaking occured: Freak Fortress 1

Witnesses:
1. Kronk http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kronku/
I'm sure others will come forward and agree with me when I say something needs to be done. He needs some sort of punishment.

Reasons: He's a well known player that comes on daily and disrupts the gameplay for everyone. He plays pyro 95% of the time and when he does he always airblasts the hale constantly and does little to no damage. Whenever there is a dangerzone on the map (when a regular player dies instantly but takes a huge chunk of hp from the hale) he'll lead the hale to him and then airblast him in there until he is dead. Now there are ways of getting rid of him early in the game or just by raging him but honestly not all hales can stun and if they do some don't do it for as long as lets say Mario or Luigi. So it's very hard to pinpoint where he is and rage in that general area to find and kill him. He says the reason he constantly airblasts is because "Spies and Snipers are too OP on this server, I airblast the hale to give other players the chance to get some damage" Now generally I agree that Sniper's are too OP considering that there is no limit to them and they do the same damage no matter who the hale is (aside from Samus who takes 3x the damage when in a ball). He's generally an arrogant guy but so is everyone quite honestly but when he's saying he "tries to give others a chance to do damage" there is no excuse for him to be airblasting hales into the dangerzone. Now he holds a very unfair advantage against new or not very skilled players. He knows all the hales and the maps, he knows where ammo and HP are so he can make a quick get away. It's difficult for highly experienced players to kill him but only slightly. It's even worse for players who are just starting out or have not been on OUR servers for very long. The bosses that we have are very different from many of the other freak fortress servers in the world. If I'm not mistaken Freak Fortress 1 Is the #1 FF server in the world right? That means there will always be new players and growing players who have to adjust to the range, speed, and swing of the hales in our servers.

I really hope something gets done about this. I've notified many of the admins before of his thoughts of what he does but they haven't seen that it's a really good reason to give him any punishment.
I'm @Best because I am da best ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ °) ( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °) k
Dubstab
Veteran

Re: Report against Ridley

Post by Dubstab »

I agree with you that if he does this, it is being useless in the worst way.

The problem is...
- Has he been warned by an admin before?
- Has he received a warning through the system?
- Do you have any (.dem) proof?

Note: This player has only been banned once in his TF2 carrier for crushing the hale on MountainBash (3 days).

I'll definitely be on the lookout for him.
White Sedan
Veteran

Post by White Sedan »

Dubstab wrote:I agree with you that if he does this, it is being useless in the worst way.

The problem is...

Note: This player has only been banned once in his TF2 carrier for crushing the hale on MountainBash (3 days).

I've warned him on Asylum before but didn't use the warn command because it's pretty useless imo.
Last edited by White Sedan on Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
----
Hoff wrote:Consider yourself lucky I am not taking legal action against your server.
Varple
Veteran

Post by Varple »

I do not understand the report, he play pyro, makes life hell for the boss and uses the map to his advantage. Whenever I play with him he helps his teammates a lot the way that he plays. The point of the game is to kill the boss. He is doing that by air blasting him off the map which will not show on the leaderboards yet hale is dead.
Ruhlar wrote: Excuse me, you motherfuckers
Ruhlar wrote: Locking my posts, the fuck you think you are? B1
many_swords
Veteran

Post by many_swords »

Let me start off by saying I actually like Ridley as a player, hes fun to play with, and he is really good when he actually does play other classes.

That being said, its slowly started getting to the point where I dont even feel like playing while hes online and playing a pyro, I personally like playing a variety of bosses so that I dont get bored of the game to quickly and now I'm almost forced to play a boss with some form of ranged weapon or large area of effect stun because its the only way to not just be stuck in a corner from him for the entire round. I've even avoided minion bosses because he would do the same thing to me and all my minions. It's making me hate playing boss more and more because I am just wasting my time and rage just trying to kill him so I dont have to deal with it.
Varple wrote:I do not understand the report, he play pyro, makes life hell for the boss and uses the map to his advantage. Whenever I play with him he helps his teammates a lot the way that he plays. The point of the game is to kill the boss. He is doing that by air blasting him off the map which will not show on the leaderboards yet hale is dead.
When its something like pushing the boss off the map I can understand it as its a form of doing damage to the boss, but a lot of times its just him consistently pushing you into the same corner over and over and majority of hales cant do anything about that, even as someone like snake its difficult to shoot someone when your getting pushed all over the place.
Dubstab wrote:I agree with you that if he does this, it is being useless in the worst way.

The problem is...
I've told admins before that something needs to be done about this only to never see or hear anything being done about it. I know that admins know he does it as he does it almost everyday and admins are usually online when he his. its not that I want him banned, but he drains the will to play out of players because he does it so much.. I've watched players just ragequit many times because the boss they pick cant ever do anything to him. its even gotten to the point where I will see like 2-3 medics run around with him feeding uber so bosses cant stun him or get rid of him either.

I think its just getting to the point where hes just not as fun to be around, I cant ever enjoy playing boss when hes on playing pyro because he almost never misses an air blast. he's even famous for flare jumping into the air and air blasting the boss so you lose all momentum for a jump. whether I win or lose the rounds anymore I just cant ever enjoy myself because of the spamming air blast that I have to avoid every second that hes alive.. sure I can just rage him sometimes but the thing is that he ducks in and out of a group of people so its difficult to ever get a good angle to hit him. he even likes to taunt me sometimes after the round saying things like "well at least we made it annoying for him" or "I hope you enjoyed that as much as I did."

Again I dont mind him as a player, and I can see how he is useful sometimes when playing pyro, but I shouldn't have to debate on whether or not I want to play just because I know hes doing it.
Last edited by many_swords on Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feel free to message me on the community discord if you have any questions.
PukaTheDude
Veteran

Post by PukaTheDude »

I know for a fact that there's mixed thoughts on him due to the fact that some admins do allow him to do this while others don't for NUMEROUS reasons. Though there are times that Ridley does play pyro "properly", he is also borderline of being a useless pyro in terms of damage. I could almost consider him a troll with the fact that I've seen him flarejump for solely airblast without even attempting to do burn damage with his flaregun.

It's an issue that I've noticed throughout his gameplay. I have to admit. I've avoiding playing with him for those reasons as well though it isn't a direct offense. I rarely see him to any burn damage. At least that would be nice to see in terms of the continues airblast. I can understand with the map damage that he goes for but in all honesty. How many non regular players have we not kicked/banned for those reasons of airblasts without doing any burn or melee dmg?

I personally consider his playing tactics trollish than actual skills like one of my personal favorite pyro players, Generosity/Topaz that plays the Pyro very well with burn and melee nearing towards 3k dmg at normal. In comparison to continues airblasts towards the map danger zone and we all know, some maps have very unfair environmental damage active.

Nonetheless, I would suggest that the rest of the FREAK FORTRESS ADMINS that know/played with Ridley to discuss about his tactics to confirm if he's worth the trouble of giving a punishment or to consider his play style just "another tactic" through a meeting on TeamSpeak if needed.
Last edited by PukaTheDude on Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Varple
Veteran

Post by Varple »

I agree with the meeting we need to have.
Ruhlar wrote: Excuse me, you motherfuckers
Ruhlar wrote: Locking my posts, the fuck you think you are? B1
BigNastyTeddyBear

Post by BigNastyTeddyBear »

Dubstab wrote:
The problem is...

1. Yes by D-Roy (just from what I've seen)
2. Not that I know of
3. No The reason being is that I can't seem to upload video's from my computer (I use a copy of fraps) to youtube to make them public.

The reason I can't see you being able to do much about it Dub is because he's on a different time zone than you and he's never on when you are.
many_swords wrote:Let me start off by saying I actually like Ridley as a player, hes fun to play with, and he is really good when he actually does play other classes.

That being said, its slowly started getting to the point where I dont even feel like playing while hes online and playing a pyro, I personally like playing a variety of bosses so that I dont get bored of the game to quickly and now I'm almost forced to play a boss with some form of ranged weapon or large area of effect stun because its the only way to not just be stuck in a corner from him for the entire round. I've even avoided minion bosses because he would do the same thing to me and all my minions. It's making me hate playing boss more and more because I am just wasting my time and rage just trying to kill him so I dont have to deal with it.
I'd just like to point out that most regulars on the server don't like to play hale when Shockwale, Ridley, and even yourself Swords, when any of you are pyro. You DO do damage but people seem to think that you just airblast too much. It's somewhat unrelated but just something to think about.
Varple wrote:I agree with the meeting we need to have.
Yes please do. But before you do lets give some of the other admins (Mainly Amish, Dark, Lewanda) a chance to throw their opinions in here as well.

Thanks for taking the report seriously.
Last edited by BigNastyTeddyBear on Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm @Best because I am da best ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ °) ( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °) k
PukaTheDude
Veteran

Post by PukaTheDude »

At least they do damage via viewable on the bottom screen it ain't that bad. I do that as well alot with an airblast and then back scratch melee.
Image Image
many_swords
Veteran

Post by many_swords »

I'd just like to point out that most regulars on the server don't like to play hale when Shockwale, Ridley, and even yourself Swords, when any of you are pyro. You DO do damage but people seem to think that you just airblast too much. It's somewhat unrelated but just something to think about.
I admit I air blast a lot, but I'm usually actively protecting an engie nest and attempting to deal some form of damage while attempting to keep the boss away from the nest which leaves me at anything from 500-2000 damage depending on how much I have to air blast the boss away (look at some of the spots dark builds on nova, it prevents bosses that can just walk over to him with some form of uber or a stun that stuns sentries longer then it does players.. and considering I mostly am playing in pair with dark when I'm a pyro he tends to get raged a lot regardless of whether I'm there or not) .. the same goes for shock, I'll admit he and I are annoying to deal with sometimes, but at least we are doing some form of damage in the process. The only reason Ridley is so bad is because I hardly ever see more then 100-500 damage out of him as a pyro.

There is a fine difference for doing it just to do it, and doing it to help serve a better purpose while also dealing damage in the process.

That being said this Isn't a report for me or shockwhale, if you really have anymore of an issue then you can just add me and talk to me personally instead of going off the topic of the report.
PukaTheDude wrote:At least they do damage via viewable on the bottom screen it ain't that bad. I do that as well a lot with an airblast and then back scratch melee.
As most pyros do, I dont like seeing anyone do little damage and honestly hate doing less then 1000 (which makes me switch classes a lot if I feel I can do more.)
Varple wrote:I agree with the meeting we need to have.
I imagine there will be a meeting to discuss this more in depth after the post is done. I'd still like to hear more opinions then what is here (more admins and maybe a few more regulars just to help confirm or deny it.) and I wouldn't mind Ridley also posting in his defense as he has more then enough right to do so.
Last edited by many_swords on Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feel free to message me on the community discord if you have any questions.