Slavic Snowflake 1 day ban appeal

Post by slavicsnowflake »

Your Steam Community Link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/slavicsnowflake/
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:54686892

Which Admin Punished You: ObiShawnKenobi
Type of punishment(ban, mute, silence or gag): ban
Server where you received the punishment: SlenderFortress

How long they punished you for: 1 day

Reason why they punished you: The entire server was told about an exploit where moving up and down one set of stairs would make it impossible for the boss to catch the players, and that it was in fact a bannable offense to do so. The admin then left the server, and I was put on red team, where at least half the players immediately went to the stairs to try the exploit. The admin came back and began banning the players who had done so.
I may have been banned by pure accident, or because I joined in the middle of the admin's explanation and so asked via voice chat what he was warning us about, understandably making him think I was asking for instructions on how to abuse the map.

Reason why you think this punishment is unfair/uncalled for/biased, etc. Although I had to use the stairs to get to both floors, I spent the entire round searching for the objective, as did several other players. At no point was I attempting to avoid a boss by using the stairs, and I never even went up or down the same set of stairs twice in a row.

Reason why we should remove the punishment: Though I am new to slenderfortress, I regularly play on all three freak fortress servers, and am now banned from them as well (Edit: Not sure if this is always the case but I am now banned from ALL disc FF servers). If absolutely necessary I can wait the ban out since it's only 1 day, but seeing as how being banned was likely an accident I would like to avoid doing so if possible.
Last edited by slavicsnowflake on Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
ObiShawnKenobi

Re: Slavic Snowflake 1 day ban appeal

Post by ObiShawnKenobi »

The witness who reported the group of players informed me that you were in fact with the group and went up and down the stairs. Additionally, you were on the entire time while I warned everyone about the exploit.

It was only a one-day ban, so I suggest you just wait until the ban is over.
slavicsnowflake

Post by slavicsnowflake »

Whoever reported the rule breakers made a mistake then. Regardless I agree that it's simpler at this point to just let it go. Forum mods can lock this thread; I'll just wait the ban out. Thanks to ObiShawnKenobi for not being a jerk and informing me of his reasoning.
White Sedan
Veteran

Post by White Sedan »

Ban has expired.
----
Hoff wrote:Consider yourself lucky I am not taking legal action against your server.