Post by WhySoSeriousGaming »

STEAM_0:1:63330631
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198086926991

Which Admin Punished You: Yang
Type Of Punishment: Ban
Reason Why They Punished You: Admin impersonation
How long they punished you for: Permanent
Server in which you were punished: Disc-ff PropHunt
Reason why you think this was unfair / uncalled for: I changed my name to Yang, warned everyone on the server that I wasn't an admin and that I was simply impersonating. I reported myself, called Yang in to ban me. Other than that, no abuse whatsoever. I didn't ghost, impersonate (in a sense) or anything of the sort. All I did was change my name to Yang and asked him to ban me.
Reason why we should remove the punishment: Although I agree I should be punished for this act, I think a permanent ban with next to no chance of appeal is somewhat excessive. I would gladly go through a couple month ban / permanent mute/gag but I don't agree with a permanent ban and no second chance.
Exta: I wanted to receive a ban in order to prevent myself from being tempted to play when I should be focusing on other personal matters. I have cleared up the personal matters and would like to return to this amazing server that I have been playing for many years!
On another note: I am known on the server for being somewhat toxic, however. I've personally messaged everyone I could think of that I might have a negative relationship (apart from one that has blocked me) with and even offered some skins to certain people as a form of apology.

Thanks for your time, Khalin
Yang Xaio Long
Veteran

Re: Ban Appeal

Post by Yang Xaio Long »

Hi Khalin, I appreciate the time you put into making this. (sorry if this response seems a little messy, I'm not that experienced in this process)
However, I believe the punishment should stay as you would constantly be toxic towards players regardless of the fact that "you have changed" I believe this as no matter who it is, you are toxic to them even if it is a joke you are unnecessarily rude. If you and another player were low on health and the other person got to a healthpack first you would say something like "your a faggot" or "fk you" or something along the lines of insulting them or just being plain rude. now onto my evidence.

The fact that you said THIS on the server Image

leads me to believe that you are not sorry.
The fact that you said this within your appeal
WhySoSeriousGaming wrote:I wanted to receive a ban
tells me to believe that you intended to get yourself banned.

You aren't
WhySoSeriousGaming wrote:somewhat toxic
but extremely toxic, as the chat log from the day I banned you shows

You insulted me, by not only impersonating me on the server, whether it was malicious intent or not, but were also very rude to me in steam chat.

The response you gave when I said "if you wish to grow up and appeal the ban then by all means do so" is unacceptable.
I think the Ban should stay
Last edited by Yang Xaio Long on Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Edit 23/11/21: What d'ya want? If you're here from 2021 and beyond and you want to find me, you can find me at → speedrun.com/user/Mr.Blonde ←

One Vision, One Purpose! The Technology of Peace. Peace Through Power

Soup
Veteran

Post by Soup »

If this isn't allowed please let me know.

I think the ban should stay. Khalin is toxic and until I just looked at his chat logs I didn't realize how toxic he was on the server. I recently had a complaint about him from another player and asked him to not act that way on the server. He also has been fighting with Sir Tommy on the server and recently left a horrible comment on his profile.

Here are a couple examples of his behavior on the server.
Last edited by Soup on Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dongle
Forum Mod

Post by Dongle »

Ban stays. Appeal denied.
ImageImage