[Complaint] Continuous trouble from an admin

CookiePenguin

[Complaint] Continuous trouble from an admin

Post by CookiePenguin »

Your in-game name: Cookie the penguin
Your in-game Steam Community Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/cookiepengu98

Rulebreaker's Steam Community Link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/rawriethedragon/
Server on which the rulebreaking occured: Idle #1

Witnesses: Toast!, KindredIsHot

This is a message directed towards the staff of Disc-FF regarding the behavior of a particular administrator of the Team Fortress 2 servers towards me on continuous occasions, of which I fear is coming to a boiling point.

Please understand that this is not an attack on this particular admin, nor is it a cry for attention or anything of the sort. I feel threatened by this admin, whom I believe has a grudge against me specifically (they were once a friend before they turned on me for rather illegitimate reasons) and is trying everything within their power to get me banned off the servers, which they even did once temporarily, as a matter of fact.

This admin is of course Rawrie, who on several occasions has tried to pin things on me, to squeeze any reason he can to ban me out of my actions in the game, even going so far as to outright immediately flag all my reports - ALL of them - as being false reports. For example, just today I was trying to report someone on the Idle #1 for abusing the Flying RTD to make it into the opposite team's spawn, the one I was on, and immediately killing everyone who spawned in at such a quick pace that it was impossible to counter their attacks. There was no way to explain that in the server's report system (on a side note it would be very nice to have a "custom" choice in the report system, where people can make more specific reports for reasons that aren't listed in the report system itself) that it was an abuse of that specific RTD roll, so I had to use the "hacking" reason, hoping to get the chance to explain the real reason once an admin came on, but of course it was Rawrie who responded to the report, and he bragged to everyone in the server that he immediately flagged my report just because it was made by me, and started threatening to ban me for "abusing the report system", not even giving me leverage with my real explanation, saying that it was "alright" for the player to fly into the other team's spawn and kill them all (I believe his response to the abuse of the RTD roll would be very different if it were me doing that, by the way, and he would most likely use it as a reason to ban me). He even gloated that he was being "generous" with not banning me on the spot, even though, again, I had a legitimate complaint about the bevavior of another player.

I feel genuinely threatened by Rawrie, and I really don't believe he's fit for being an administrator, seeing as he is deliberately trying to sabotage my enjoyment of the servers, going so far as to let people who actually deserve to be scolded or punished for their actions off the hook just to make me look like I was the real antagonist of the situation.

I just want to make it clear that I'm not in any way pushing for him to be thrown out of the staff for his actions, that decision is up to the other administrators to decide, I just feel threatened by him and wish for something, anything to be done to get him to stop. I do hope this complaint is taken into consideration by the staff, I don't want to be unjustly banned from my favorite set of servers on Team Fortress 2, the only servers that I actually frequent.

Thank you for taking notice of my complaint.
Last edited by CookiePenguin on Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Abraham
Veteran

Re: [Complaint] Continuous trouble from an admin

Post by Abraham »

Make sure you follow the right format that can be found here. Also make sure you have some proof and/or reliable witnesses to back your story up, it wont do much if you have no proof and your shooting accusations without having anything to back them up with.
Last edited by Abraham on Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ImageImageImage
MoneyKidKing

Post by MoneyKidKing »

I have gone ahead and moved this thread to the appropriate sub-forum.

If you would please edit your original post to include all of the information requested by Abraham, we will review your case as soon as possible.
Shia Suprise
Spoiler
Fire
Owner

Post by Fire »

I'd rather if people didn't use RTD perks to get into enemy spawn but if they do it we aren't going to be punishing for it. The reason being because RTD is completely random and if you get a good perk you can do what you like with it.

We used to have a custom option on the report system. It was removed because it was widely abused with nonsense reports.

The report you made was incorrect however no ban punishment should be issued for the bad report. The reason is because you were trying to report something you felt was abuse on the server.

I can't make people like you that's up to you. If you were punished for something you feel was not correct that's what this forum is for. Not sure what else you are expecting from this report. Try to avoid pissing off admins if possible and I don't see there being future issues.
ImageImage
CookiePenguin

Post by CookiePenguin »

Fire wrote:I'd rather if people didn't use RTD perks to get into enemy spawn but if they do it we aren't going to be punishing for it. The reason being because RTD is completely random and if you get a good perk you can do what you like with it.

We used to have a custom option on the report system. It was removed because it was widely abused with nonsense reports.

The report you made was incorrect however no ban punishment should be issued for the bad report. The reason is because you were trying to report something you felt was abuse on the server.

I can't make people like you that's up to you. If you were punished for something you feel was not correct that's what this forum is for. Not sure what else you are expecting from this report. Try to avoid pissing off admins if possible and I don't see there being future issues.
The problem is that I'm not trying to set off Rawrie whatsoever, and he does whatever he can to get me banned whenever he sees me. I don't want him to like me, I just want him to stop...