Painting

Fire
Owner

Re: Painting

Post by Fire »

I like what you did there.
Last edited by Fire on Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
sambawarkiddo
Veteran

Post by sambawarkiddo »

A disclaimer, of which is apparently necessary: All paintings thus far are the result of a progression of a hobby. Criticisms/critiques are not requested, nor welcomed.
Last edited by sambawarkiddo on Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Fire wrote:You're a admin?
Person_Unknown
Veteran

Post by Person_Unknown »

sambawarkiddo wrote:Criticisms/critiques are not requested, nor welcomed.
Well, that's no way to be. Genuine criticism, no matter how harsh it may be, is only said to help you improve at whatever it is you're doing. Doing work (even practice) is not going to improve a whole lot if you don't allow other people to comment or criticize your work.
Last edited by Person_Unknown on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IN LOVING MEMORY - We miss you Person

Need me? Link to my profile's right here.
Abraham
Veteran

Post by Abraham »

Person_Unknown wrote:
Well, that's no way to be. Genuine criticism, no matter how harsh it may be, is only said to help you improve at whatever it is you're doing. Doing work (even practice) is not going to improve a whole lot if you don't allow other people to comment or criticize your work.
According to Samba, as he is doing it just for a hobby and doing it for pure shits and giggles rather than trying to improve through criticism, its not really needed. From where I see it, it shouldnt be welcome if its not asked for, especially if asked to not get criticism.
Last edited by Abraham on Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
sambawarkiddo
Veteran

Post by sambawarkiddo »

Abraham wrote:
Person_Unknown wrote:
According to Samba, as he is doing it just for a hobby and doing it for pure shits and giggles rather than trying to improve through criticism, its not really needed. From where I see it, it shouldnt be welcome if its not asked for, especially if asked to not get criticism.
Precisely on the mark.
I am not taking this up as a profession, I am simply doing this for something to do. However, as I do so, I am personally interested in my own developments and strides.
As I am not considering this as any form of career or anything of the like, I am not interested in receiving critique regarding my work. My posting of work is merely sharing what I've done, and how far I've come on a personal level withing little over two months. Were I interested in pursuing a new career as an artist, I would ask for opinions regarding what could be done differently (outside of everything I spot as I paint it and realise I could have done it better).
I've spoken with my sister, someone who is considered a proper artist, and it is a known fact that if you are not specifically asking for opinions, they are not welcome. It's not a matter of how harsh or "constructive" a criticism may be; if it wasn't asked for, it isn't welcomed.
Fire wrote:You're a admin?