Betting points on the Minigame server

ReFLeXIOYT

Betting points on the Minigame server

Post by ReFLeXIOYT »

Hi.

Firstly, Thank you for taking the time to read and review this post.

On the minigame server, there is a point system that records your points whether you kill someone, or get killed. This is great just to see how long someone has been on the server. As well as, to see how good you are. But I have a suggestion to make the point system even more interesting. No one pays any attention to this system which is unfortunate. To help, why not make it possible to bet the points? !bet

This will cause people to take a larger interest into the point system!

Thank you.
Hardstyle Ian
Veteran

Re: Betting points on the Minigame server

Post by Hardstyle Ian »

Betting points could be really entertaining for the minigames server. My suggestion would be to revise the point system altogether. Maybe make it harder to earn points and implement a small store where players can spend points on appearance items such as trails or hats.
Satan
Veteran

Post by Satan »

This and game Me points obviously have to be different and I don't know what the point of the points would be, but I completely support betting points on rounds. It's a fun idea and has very little downsides. I do not agree with a store with things such as hats or trails however. I'm sure there's a mod out there for this exact thing though.
rip mg
Brokenhope

Post by Brokenhope »

There are a few viable methods I see which are successful on other servers.

1. Two different systems where one tracks points for rank and one gives points based on time played to buy stuff from a shop like the trails, etc. suggested here.

2. Impose a top 10 or 20 or 50, that gives these types of bonuses, like character skins or hats or maybe even small amounts of power like 5 min mutes or something. There would have to me more rules put in place though as many people would try to abuse the system by point boosting (One guy wins, kills enemy team but friend, throws gun to friend to clear other team).

3. A combination of those two in some way.

Betting would be interesting, and plausbile, but I feel like there would need to be some end goal at the end of the month, year, or whatever time points would reset. A five or ten dollar skin maybe.

I like the topic though as all of these ideas would increase server activity and popularity even more.
ReFLeXIOYT

Post by ReFLeXIOYT »

I think that is a great idea. Cycle the points every month! This can make the point system fair across the server.

I am unsure if I agree with a market that you can buy different things on the server. Yes it will greatly encourage activity in the point system, but it could become annoying. I will remain neutral to having a market on the server for now. Let the others decide that, I am only interested in !betting.
Fire
Owner

Post by Fire »

One issue I see with this is people cheating the system. Having their friends throw the game in order to win their bet. Not sure how to do this properly without cheating being present.
ImageImage
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

Fire wrote:One issue I see with this is people cheating the system. Having their friends throw the game in order to win their bet. Not sure how to do this properly without cheating being present.
Even with that exploit, i think making it so you cant bet when it gets down to the last few players would somewhat handicap players doing that.
Last edited by Mitch on Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hardstyle Ian
Veteran

Post by Hardstyle Ian »

I agree with Mitch. I think having something to do while watching a round finish up would be beneficial to the server.
ReFLeXIOYT

Post by ReFLeXIOYT »

Is it possible to make betting occur only in the beginning of the round?
kri§
Server Admin

Post by kri§ »

What happen to this idea?. Seems pretty interesting. Even if there is some cheating present who cares points mean nothing at all this is MG suppose to be fun not Competitive and Serious. Making it only possible to bet when there is a certain amount of people in game would stop some of the easy cheating.
Last edited by kri§ on Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
I got 99 problems and a bitch ain't one
She's all 99 of them I need a machine gun.