Revive Course Maps!

Britt<3

Revive Course Maps!

Post by Britt<3 »

I've noticed that a lot of people seem to be turned off by course maps on the MG server. In my experience, it's rather annoying to get far and then die and you have to start over again. I'm assuming that other people share this frustration. I would like to propose the checkpoint mod. I believe it would make courses more enjoyable for us, baddies. In the past when this plugin was used on other servers I played, it recognized course maps vs. non-course maps, so I don't foresee that being an issue.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=118215
kri§
Server Admin

Re: Revive Course Maps!

Post by kri§ »

Would love this tired of Britt forcing me against my will to tp her back to where she died ever 3 mins -_- but ye Fire this would help ppl not rage quit the server when on course maps or rage RTV and spam mic/chat telling ppl this map sucks fuck this map rtv rtv bla bla bla. :clap:

PS. Course Maps need more round time should just make all course maps 30-40 mins seeing how it is useless when we have the respawn me command so no need for round to end ever.

Last edited by kri§ on Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I got 99 problems and a bitch ain't one
She's all 99 of them I need a machine gun.
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

If we plan on adding anything like this then we would want to remove the kill all at the end of the map.
Also I wouldn't be against adding my simple timer (the one that is on the tf2 surf server) onto these course maps, adjusted to include a cp command that disables your timer of course, but just to show who completed it fastest.
Britt<3

Post by Britt<3 »

kri§ wrote:Would love this tired of Britt forcing me against my will to tp her back to where she died ever 3 mins -_-
Never have I done such thing.. :think: :problem:
Last edited by Britt<3 on Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fire
Owner

Post by Fire »

If Mitch wants to code something I will let him.
ImageImage
brad
Server Admin

Post by brad »

this would be pretty neat to have
Britt<3

Post by Britt<3 »

That "I don't give a shit" vote was for you, white boy. :poop: :lol:
Britt<3

Post by Britt<3 »

@Mitch, !CPmenu seems to be great, aside from it's not registering a lot of course maps or needs to be added to the config.

So far I came across mars, cartoon, 14rooms, base and parish that it isn't working on and bobiii doesn't have the auto bhop working.

Also, as I was playing by myself on acrophobia to make sure the cpmenu wasn't turned off completely, I realized how difficult it is to play alone on those. Is it possible to have some sort of bot or something so that the round doesn't continuous end or that checkpoints don't clear or something? Every time I died, my checkpoints reset and the map would change it's random pattern of blocks that are safe/kill you, so I just kept dying and the pattern kept changing. :lol: :thumbdown:
Last edited by Britt<3 on Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

We have went through and added timers to all course maps along with the checkpoint. The timer plugin is necessary because of the checkpoints making it too easy to finish certain maps that would end up killing all players in the end. If we missed any maps that you don't see !respawnme, the timer zones, or checkpoint enabled let us know. Also some of the map times might need to be edited to increase the time allowed, however the default course map time is 15 minutes. Let us know if you think a map might need more time. You must complete the map legitly from start to finish in order to get into the finish room.

We also added back Office course, in hopes that it will no longer crash the server after fixing the sprites.

I will be writing a couple plugins that prevent players from joining the other team, along with a plugin the prevents the round ending when you die. This way small amounts of players can play without having the round end whenever every one die, losing their checkpoints.

The timer will also have some additions like the ability to disable the hud display. The stage number will also be added to the hud, and the text for the current time will be made smaller. Disabling the hud will not disable the timer, so if you did finish it will still be recorded.

I also plan on disabling the timer if an admin uses certain admin commands on the player, in order to keep the rankings 100% legit. Most course maps are hard to finish in the first place, I'm sorry to disappoint you if you make it all the way to the end with the checkpoints, as the circumstances stand there is no way to tell if you started legit from the start and got to the finish, as leaving spawn resets the timer.
Last edited by Mitch on Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.