The Hidden | Custom Gamemode Feedback Thread

Mitch
Server Admin

The Hidden | Custom Gamemode Feedback Thread

Post by Mitch »

The Hidden is a custom gamemode for Counter-Strike Global Offensive. It is a 1vsAll gamemode, similar to the Freak Fortress on TF2. This gamemode is actually based on some old maps from the Hidden: Source, I was able to convert to csgo.

Currently the gamemode is being hosted on my vps located here: (click to join)

Marine Gameplay
The marines is the team which is hunting the Hidden. Their objective is to either eliminate the Hidden team or survive the 5 minute round. Each player can customize their loadout, which consists of a primary, secondary and utility. They can change their loadout using the !loadout command while in-game.

Loadouts:
Primary:
  • UMP-45
  • Nova
  • SG-553
  • FAMAS
Secondary:
  • Pistol - A Secondary weapon that can shoot bullets.
  • Tag Grenade - The Tactical Awareness Grenade, will make enemy's glow in a proximity.
  • Medi-Shot - Gives health back after being hurt.
  • Laser Sensor - "Decoy" placed on a wall with a laser, a sound will play if an enemy trips it
Utility:
  • Extended Ammo - Gives twice as much ammo for the weapons
  • Laser Module - A laser pointer
  • Heavy Armor - 2x the armor, protects the player from blast damage and mind attacks.
  • Nightvision - a green vision overlay
The Hidden Gameplay
The Hidden's objective is to eliminate the Marines before the time runs out. The Hidden is nearly invisible and is very agile and stealthy, making virtually no noise that can be heard by the marines besides the super-jump.
Pressing "R" rotates through the selected abilities
Pressing "F" uses the ability.
Pressing 'Shift' while looking in the air will enact a super jump
Pressing 'Shift' while looking at a wall (in air) will attach to a wall (pressing jump will super launch, shift will drop)

Abilities:
  • Scream (-25 mana) - A loud yell that disrupts sensors nearby and disables them for 5 seconds. Will shake and hurt nearby players. Short distance of effect.
  • ESP (-10 mana/second) - Display a glow around players through walls, blinds the hidden.
  • Mind Flay (-100) - Hold and aim at a player, the targeted player will be flashed and hurt for ~15 damage. Short distance on slecting targets.
Any feedback about the gamemode and balancing suggestions please post them here.
Last edited by Mitch on Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mitch
Server Admin

Re: The Hidden | Custom Gamemode Feedback Thread

Post by Mitch »

Last edited by Mitch on Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:31 am, edited 11 times in total.
Tatters
Server Admin

Post by Tatters »

I think this would be a great addition to the server. It seems like the MGs we have now have lost popularity quite a bit and something new might bring people back
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

Tatters wrote:I think this would be a great addition to the server. It seems like the MGs we have now have lost popularity quite a bit and something new might bring people back
The goal of this gamemode is to be run on it's own.
Last edited by Mitch on Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
a.t.l.a.s
Server Admin

Post by a.t.l.a.s »

Dope, I had fun with a bot but playing with other people would be killer.
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

a.t.l.a.s wrote:Dope, I had fun with a bot but playing with other people would be killer.
I plan on another test play Thursday night and a bigger play later this weekend.