Remake of "How you came to Disc-FF"

Armen
Veteran

Re: Remake of "How you came to Disc-FF"

Post by Armen »

I launched TF2 in 2013 and was looking up popular community servers. I saw DISC-FF's Freak Fortress server and jumped on. I didn't really like the FF2 mod so instead I jumped on the VSH server. Then of course I became an admin to try and make the server a better place. Long story short, it didn't work.
Rigby!

Post by Rigby! »

same
Someone take the exclamation mark out of my name, I'm not excited to be here.
many_swords
Veteran

Post by many_swords »

Around the end of 2013 when I was just coming out of a failing gmod TTT server I joined the Freak Fortress servers where I met most of our oldest regulars and the three admins that made me want to stay (Dark who wasn't an admin at the time, Amishbull, and Faiithe). Started playing more and more until a point in 2014 where Amishbull told me to become an admin. I was reluctant at first because I didn't want to deal with the responsibility again so soon after retiring from the old server. But after so long of him asking and even putting a vote into the server while fire was on (majority of the server picked yes, which caught fires attention briefly) I finally applied for admin on 7/5/15. I left the position around 7-8 months after that due to stress from outside life issues killing my enjoyment for playing. But then I reapplied again last September where I met sanity as well as some new regulars that made me enjoy playing again. Now at the end of this month I will officially be over the 600 hours (or a years worth of playing) that would make me a Vet admin for the servers.
Feel free to message me on the community discord if you have any questions.
Neko
Veteran

Post by Neko »

Sodahappy was shit so I looked for a different server to go on and found Idle 2.
https://github.com/SollyVR
Add me on VRChat: "Solly."
Add me on Steam: linked to my forums website.
CorgiBear
Server Admin

Post by CorgiBear »

I started off tf2 because a friend of mine introduced me to the game. I asked him about it and he showed me the video for Meet the Medic. At first I thought it was creepy so I didn’t really have any interest. He insisted I at least give it a shot and found me a game so I hopped on and started playing, I thought I was legitimately good at the game because I kept killing off the entire team. I was so proud of myself I started to get hooked. Turns out that friend of mine had me playing against bots and I was embarrassed. (Yeah, laugh if you want lol) Anyway, At home on my own at some point I decided to look further into the game to see if I could play against actual people. So I did a search and came across Prophunt. It was actually a different community and at first I was too shy to use the mic but I still had fun. One person noticed I kept coming back into the server and we became friends. I use the mic because of him. Looking at you Trains if you still read the forums. That was my start off into my addiction to Prophunt. After a long time, that community became toxic and I stopped playing as much but at this point I’d made a couple friends who had found this other community. So I followed them and decided to stay with Disc - FF ever since. The people here are amazing and I don’t think I’ll ever regret the amount of hours I have because of you guys. I’ve grown pretty attached to the people I met and I’ll never forget any of you. I love you guys. :)
Benstartri
Veteran

Post by Benstartri »

2011 was when I started playing TF2. It was free and at the time I was finally able to play on my laptop...

I didn't have many friends that played on PC and I didn't have any of the good consoles (still don't, probably won't for a while) so I decided to try out the community servers. I stumbled across some Saxton Hale and Deathrun servers and had so much fun just playing and talking to people, but I took a break from Steam for a few months.

Jump to 2012 and I decided to jump into good ol' TF2. I checked my favorites and found Disc-FF Freak Fortress in the list. I don't remember going on the server until that day, but my days in Disc-FF started when I played Freak Fortress. I met people like Faiithe, Pikmin, and so many others in that server, everyone I played with was so nice and made my day. I started to play on other servers to see what other game modes there were, and that's where I found Slender Fortress. I got admin in Slender soon after that, became an admin in DB, retired from both, and here I am.

I will never forget everything that I go to do with this community. It's the biggest reason why I always think of playing TF2 again...
Profile picture made by Faiithe.

Haku*
Veteran

Post by Haku* »

Waay back when I started getting interested in trading for the first time I found 2 trade servers.
One of them was Trade/fun #1 (rest in pieces you magnificent bastard). Started playing on that server mostly because of the lowgrav and bunnyhopping and quickly became infamous on the server as ''that one fucking spy who just wont fucking die''

Played there almost daily for a loong time meeting a lot of people and getting along with the community. I got referred by Monkaypeas (I miss my bby) and all the other admins at the time were fine with it so I got admin, which I did for 1.5'ish years while getting to know rest of this community.

Unfortunately the server escalated due to older players leaving and being replaced by younger players. I lost interest in the server after some of the other admins got axed and the community was gone. I migrated to other servers for a while (ph, surf, pl ''lol'' and dr) but those are also kinda dead now especially during my filthy eu hours.

Today I mostly play casual and competitive tf2 in higher divisions and occasionally pop by when there's people around.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clicking the image above brings you to my profile. Technology, right?
Have a great day!
Satan
Veteran

Post by Satan »

I wanted to kill people and surf around in 4th grade so I checked out this shitty server group
rip mg
sambawarkiddo
Veteran

Post by sambawarkiddo »

came after being permabanned from PHH, was a total shitlord on the top hated, turned around and ended up as an admin. o well.
Fire wrote:You're a admin?
Abraham
Veteran

Post by Abraham »

sambawarkiddo wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:40 am came after being permabanned from PHH, was a total shitlord on the top hated, turned around and ended up as an admin. o well.
You mean after you failed miserably with setting up your own ph server if I dont recall wrong? ;)
ImageImageImage