Remake of "How you came to Disc-FF"

Charizard

Re: Remake of "How you came to Disc-FF"

Post by Charizard »

I was jumping around servers and I remember specifically joining the wario ware server back in 2013?? It was pretty cancerous back then also but the game mode was fun. The server had a message popping up such as "type !hop to join our other servers!" So, I did what the message told me and joined the dodgeball sever. Good ol' JASMINE was there. She was very nice and very welcoming. I followed her to prophunt and met really cool people like Samba, Yoshi, Abra, Ocheu, and all of these people with [BJ]'s on their names (totally not blowjob or anything ). Anyway, PH back then was a GREAT community and decided to stick with community. I frequently went on Freak and Slender cuz I was still a nub with 500 hours in the game not knowing these custom made modes. I met great people in freak and led me to deathrun. Pretty chill server and full of fantastic people. I was still exploring new modes and discovered VSH. Harmless was in it and he was pretty cool.

-- a year later --

I came back from a hiatus, going through the servers again. The servers didn't really felt like home again since most of the regulars I knew left the community. Was sad. I got on VSH and Harmless was still there. I decided to stay on VSH and meet new people. That's when I met Shankin, Horrid, and =^-^=. Hella chill people.(horrid, i dont appreciate you driving past my school everyday and not stopping by to say hi. like ok.)

-- like a couple of months later --

I came back from a hiatus, again. Went back to VSH seeing old regulars still playing. I was hoping to meet new people in the community, again. Met Moshi, Tzket, Fawful, Polar, Fisher, and Lanliss. Great people.

I think that's about it.

tl;dr
if it wasn't for these amazing people that are mentioned, i wouldn't be here today.
HankHill
Veteran

Post by HankHill »

When I returned to TF2, I noticed that Saxton Hell's traffic was significantly lower. Eventually found myself on this group's Hale server.

Still take trips to Hell in Sundays (the group's Hale event each week) for the hell of it, but this would be my primary group and Hale Server.
Paul (The Disguiser) murdered 14 players.
Paul (The Apprentice) murdered 14 players.
Paul (The Butcher) murdered 14 players.
Yang Xaio Long
Veteran

Post by Yang Xaio Long »

I remember back in august of 2015 I watched a YouTube video, I think it was a Markiplier gmod prophunt video, and I was bored of playing on custom deathmatch servers, so I decided to use TF2's community server browser and found a few servers that had "Prophunt" as its gamemode and I joined disc-ff prophunt I would often ragequit to the better players but no matter how much I did ragequit I kept coming back.

Then in January of 2016 I changed my steam name from "Nightmare Night Spy" to "Yang Xaio Long" (which is the reason I named myself this on the forums) and I was playing prophunt at least every day now. However I would often play other games like at the time H1Z1*, Resident Evil 6 and Left 4 Dead 2 with my brother. Then I started sinking more time into prophunt eventually applying for admin, the first time I applied I didn't get it due to reasons I'd rather not bring up however even though I did my graphics card and motherboard stopped working shortly after applying so I could not go through with the application by this time I was known as "-[FF]- Yang Xiao Long"

Fast forward a few months I acquire a new motherboard and graphics card and i return to prophunt and I believe there were some people on including Jasmine and I tried to reapply but this time I was able to get it and I'm glad I returned to the prophunt server after getting my pc fixed as I have met some great people since late 2016 early 2017

Skipping most of 2017 as it was very uninteresting. minimum of 5-6 months being away from TF2 etc

It really has been quite the journey during my time at disc-ff I've seen many people come and go both admins and regulars alike. But nothing can replace the spark that disc-ff and its members can produce cause no matter what I always find myself coming back to disc-ff and its prophunt server.

*Back then H1Z1 was one game, not the two it is today them both being "H1Z1" and "Just Survive"
Edit 23/11/21: What d'ya want? If you're here from 2021 and beyond and you want to find me, you can find me at → speedrun.com/user/Mr.Blonde ←

One Vision, One Purpose! The Technology of Peace. Peace Through Power

Fire
Owner

Post by Fire »

First I just want to say thanks for making this thread again. I like reading about everyone's experiences. Seeing people enjoy what I have created is the reason I still do this.

I will tell a story of what got me into hosting servers that I don't think I've told anyone before. I was never a gaming type person. My parents never bought me the early gaming consoles or a good PC to play on. How I found out about any of this was from my cousin. His family was well off and he had a couple nice gaming computers. He lived about 9 hours away so we only went up to visit that side of the family a few times a year (usually during the summer). Once when I went there him and his friend had gotten into CS:S. They were both very good players and let me use their account to play. That summer while I was at their house all I did was play CS:S with them. The map we played was called fy_iceworld_bunkers. The server we played on was managed by a guy named Landwarrior. He was a amazingly good at the game and also had some basic knowledge of how to mod the game with scripts. Back then there were 3 script platforms most people used, Mani Admin, Eventscripts and Sourcemod. He used to mess with me on the server slapping me and changing gravity and such and I thought that was the coolest thing. He was like a god on his server able to control every aspect and the players on it. Shortly after I opened my own server and recreated his server adding some new things I had custom made. From there is where the Fire Friendly history begins in the about tab.

Anyway I just thought you guys might enjoy a little bit of extra history on how things with me got started. Thanks to everyone who posted on this thread.
ImageImage
Dr. Axel Link
Veteran

Post by Dr. Axel Link »

Let's see, when I was the edgy 13 year old (pretty sure I was like 13 when I found these servers, 19 now), I started looking for Arena game modes where I then I found VSH, which I liked, but the server I liked stopped appearing, then I found an ARCREFLEX server, which was actually Freak Fortress and I just thought this was a lot cooler, so I stayed. Pretty sure that server was bought out by Fire and became Freak Fortress #2 I think, and I met Amishbull who I kinda grew attached to. There were a lot of old admins I liked back in the day, but I think I might like our current FF2 Admin crew better. After all, that 13 year old eventually got admin after like 3 years of trying. Take a moment to reminisce over the about 100 different names I used back then, including some of my favorites like: Otaku Link, Canada (was a big fan of Hetalia back then, Canada was just one of my favorites, still have an item named and referenced after him for Spy, don't use much anymore though), Vio (which I think was my 2nd longest/recurring name behind my current one).
Muenster Monster

Post by Muenster Monster »

I was but a young child (aka a few years ago) and I was like "hey look another idle server" and I clicked on it

Actually, I'm not sure which server I came to first. Likely candidates is PropHunt, Dodgeball, DeathRun, or Idle #2

Then I got hooked
"And his music was electric"
Soup
Veteran

Post by Soup »

My ex boyfriend would watch Twitch a lot and he saw someone playing prophunt on TF2 and told me about it. I thought I would give it a shot and fell in love with the game mode. After about a month of playing I decided to stick with Disc-FF and have enjoyed it ever since. I love the people in this community and how much fun we all have together.
fishermatt3552
Veteran

Post by fishermatt3552 »

If i remember correctly, i first found this community through a steam friend, who unfortunately passed away quite some time ago, in late 2013/early 2014. In about a week i went through every server, and found myself liking VSH the best. I have a real bad memory, so i cant remember everything, but names vanity, and improv have a slight ring to them. I played for a while, but after a decent amount of time, i got bored of steam completely and didn't play a game until mid-ish 2015. I only came back for a few months. I remember going on Freak Fortress just for fun, and getting so frustrated and angry that i quit TF2 altogether. Fast forward to December of 2016, and i came back, although i was only focused on doing mvm missions. I decided to actually play on DISC again near the end of December. I had a fantastic time playing vsh and the occasional freak fortress up until around june, when i was introduced to prophunt and dodgeball. Had fantastic times playing there, and met fantastic people, although i never really played anything other than vsh that much, think of a 95/5 percentage split. Within the last few months, i have had the time of my life meeting some of you fine people, you all honestly make everything in life just that much bearable.

Shout out to Shankin, Rigby, Cat, Lanliss, Fawful, Idjit, Spicy, Fire, Soup, Lizard, Stan Man, and countless others for making life that much more fun, and better
kookie

Post by kookie »

-2014 Cousin tells me steam is actually safe to use.
-Get it. Install tf2. Play like shit.
-Get a little bored of pubs, go to a WYD idle server.
-Spend almost a year playing on that server.
-Became a well-known regular.
-Found 2 people, friends.
-Invited me to play dodgeball on a pandemonium server. ok.
-im trash but its fun
-Fast-forward to summer 2015
-Game is boring for me, looking for something to invest in.
-Remember dodgeball. Go to community servers and type in tags "dodgeball", then sort by most players.
-Luckily, when I joined the disc server, I remember there being Jasmine, Shiro, Dandy, Dakky, Niko(?) and some other fun people.
-Must've been the night I laughed the fucking most I swear. People on the mic made me hysterical.
-Good impressions brought me to still play on that server for 2 years and a half.

Idk if I would have stuck around if those people weren't playing at that time to be honest. Lucky me.
Shankin
Veteran

Post by Shankin »

2014-ish is when I found Disc-ff. I joined VSH, met horridsauce and spent a lot of time in VSH. I eventually quit for like half a year and came back and met Charizard and some of the other VSH regulars and a cripple admin. Right after I met them I waited for about a month and applied for admin. After getting admin, I met Spicy aka young squinty eyes, Fawful,Tzket and other cool people.
WhatIsLove: SHANKIN YOU'RE A FUCKING NIGGA BITCH.

SpicyCandy: you're sub-human.