Why disc-ff?

Jasmine
Veteran

Why disc-ff?

Post by Jasmine »

Similar to an old thread of how you found your way here I wanted to revive but didnt want to necropost.
Why did you stick with disc-ff? We have quite a few new registered members on here and the stories in the old thread was focused on how you ended up here?

Now I'm curious why you've stayed?
Today marks the 5year anniversary since I played prophunt for the very first time.

5years I have been with this community.
Long years that amongst other things have contained;
- breaking up with my longterm boyfriend and lost my house and my dog
- moved in with my parents, as 26years old.
- decided to move to a completely new country
- lost friends
- lost family
But through all this I've stayed with gaming and Disc-ff.
Why?

Simply because it's always been there.
Whenever I have a bad day I go on murder, the people there make me laugh with all the silly things that happens.
Deathshadow, Walkter, tbrwolf, sandvich and all the others that makes the time there enjoyable.
I go on dodgeball to have some frustration released, it really gets to me when I'm bad (which happens often) and I get to get rid of some frustration as im yelling to myself about stupid rockets.
Or even hang on surf by myself with loud music just for leisure.

Throughout my years I've met some amazing people that is still in my life to some degree. And I wouldn't have moved country, got the job I have now or even a third of the amazing friends I have now if it wasnt for disc.

I never stayed for the games.
I stayed for the people

Granted not everyone has this long of a sob story like me.
But none the less I am curious.
Why did you stay?
Much love
Jasmine
kookie

Re: Why disc-ff?

Post by kookie »

Here we go
3 years, joined Aug 2015

The thing that instantly made me want to stay and get addicted to dodgeball was the people. I remember joining a late afternoon, and there were like 6 to 9 friends simultaneously having fun (mAyBe YoU wErE OnE oF ThEm NoT SuRe DoNt ThInK sO) and laughing on the mic. It was chaotic and at the time, it felt like I was having the best time of my life(there's a specific word I'd like to find that I can't right now, I'll try to search for it later)It was idyllic. All these people getting together, enjoying the same game (while whooping my ass), laughing and going crazy: I wanted to experience this!
So I basically stayed all day the next day, and the day after that, and the day after that.

Before long, dodgeball came with disc-ff, disc-ff came with teamspeak and suddenly those people having fun, was me. I was part of that.
Ever since I can't shake that feeling

Also this community is helpful, organized, charitable, holds multiple servers, and so on so it isn't something as temporary as one would think.

P.S Took me over 40 minutes to remember the word idyllic. Went through edenic, picturesque, so many image searches. Worst feeling is forgetting a word that you know the meaning of
Last edited by kookie on Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Faiithe
Veteran

Post by Faiithe »

Cause I'm a masochist.
Benstartri
Veteran

Post by Benstartri »

I stayed for the people.

I met so many people that I would call my friends from all these servers, and that's something I can't easily forget. I go on Slender and the community of people, while different than in the past, are still the kind of people that allowed me to enjoy the server and makes me happy to go back to. I've "left" a couple times, but looking back, I never really left. Just took a break.

Being a masochist though... that could also just be my reason as well. Should probably think about it tbh.
Profile picture made by Faiithe.

HankHill
Veteran

Post by HankHill »

Used to be I'd just be on VSH and play there through the months. Other servers I have interest in have...terrible playerbases, see Murder, are dead, see Prophunt, or I suck at immensely, see Dodgeball.

Discord has been what I frequent the most. Best people there.
Last edited by HankHill on Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul (The Disguiser) murdered 14 players.
Paul (The Apprentice) murdered 14 players.
Paul (The Butcher) murdered 14 players.
sambawarkiddo
Veteran

Post by sambawarkiddo »

better than masturbating alone
Fire wrote:You're a admin?
kookie

Post by kookie »

sambawarkiddo wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:17 pm better than masturbating alone
you got others to do it for/with you????
i was not notified of this.
Last edited by kookie on Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
NerfPlayeR135

Post by NerfPlayeR135 »

Is there anything I can say that hasn't been said already?

I love just simply joining a server and spending time with this community's amazing people, cracking jokes and lightheartedly teasing each other all the while; it's something I wish I could do in real life. (I'm rather anti-social outside the Internet. [shrugs]) Not only that, but the admins (especially Sanity, just look at the comments on his global admin application) are all insanely dedicated to not only making sure no rulebreaker goes unpunished, but also to ensuring everyone just has a good time overall. I've been with this community for so long that I can't even recall how many years it's been without checking my Steam profile's "years of service" badge.

The general TF2 community may be as toxic as nuclear waste, what with all the "friendly/tryhard" debates and constant "TF2 is dead" bullcrap, but Disc-FF has close to none of that. I can't imagine dedicating myself to any other server group.
Last edited by NerfPlayeR135 on Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Long-time Disc-FF veteran and jack-of-all-trades TF2 player.

Disc-FF Stats:
Spoiler
Deathrun: No longer exists...

Freak Fortress #1:
Rigby!

Post by Rigby! »

Bruh I just want veteran and I can't even do that
Someone take the exclamation mark out of my name, I'm not excited to be here.
fishermatt3552
Veteran

Post by fishermatt3552 »

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST
Last edited by White Sedan on Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Grow up tough guy