Discord Suggestion!

Chooan

Discord Suggestion!

Post by Chooan »

Hey y'all,
I was inspired to present this idea from a few discord servers, which is run by a Youtuber and another gaming community. He's a vocal coach and has a discord set up so people can go in and sing, and the other community has a karaoke night event. I was wondering if anyone would be interested to do a DISC-FF karaoke competition night in the official discord (or make a separate one for it, doesn't matter) every few weeks or every month. I think it would be a fun little thing to do to keep the community together and talking. Either Fire and/or some of the admins could be apart of the judging panel, set up a google spreadsheet to keep score of performance, and set up some type of poll to see who wins (this would be collected by the audience). Prizes could go to first, second, and third place, and whatever the prize is could be up to Fire. I would personally enjoy this!!

Edit: Taking in consideration of some replies, here’s what I’m thinking. Yes there could be bias from admins who could be picking due to favoritism. The purpose of the admins being in the judging panel is to keep score of PERFORMANCE. The overall winners would conclude from a poll from the people in the audience, aka people who listen to the performers in the discord. There could be auditions held a few hours before the event to test mic quality of the people who would like to participate. Coming to the conclusion of that, I think it would definitely be best to create a new discord for this event only.
I would like to edit the idea from a karaoke night to a talent show. Anyone who has comedic acts, instrumental acts, vocal acts or any other acts that can be done over mic can participate.
This community is huge, and not many people actually know each other. Some are only aware of the people in certain servers. This would be such a great way to hold these events to bring everyone together and just have some fun.

I feel like everyone is trying to find a negative out of...
1. A suggestion
2. Something too simple
With the robotic discord fact, turning into a robot can happen at any time, so what's the deal? If we all sat in discord and someone turns robotic for a few seconds, what does it matter in terms of this? Scoring would only be judged based upon how well YOU put on a performance and YOUR overall quality. Not the platform you're doing it on. Seems like everyone is taking it into terms of if you're 110% perfect or not, we all aren't. It's a fun suggestion, a fun thing to do, not life or death serious. It's an event. Just like the unusual contest that goes on. You may have your people that just sit there and farm the questions so they get their points up, which isn't fair to everyone else. But it's an event that isn't THAT serious so why put too many concerns into it? You don't. If you (as in everyone in general) have negative feelings towards it and wouldn't take a few minutes worth of time to set up, or take time to be a part of it, you don't have to. If you aren't here for the suggestion, you don't need to worry about it and can move on with your life. On the other hand, if it would be something that you would like to do, please voice up and we can continue the suggestion and hopefully make a poll to the rest of the community in discord to see if this is something they would like to do.
Last edited by Chooan on Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Chooan ♡
fishermatt3552
Veteran

Re: Discord Suggestion!

Post by fishermatt3552 »

Honestly, that's not a half bad idea. I'm sure with how many people are in the discord, at least some of them have to be talented singers. Sounds like a good way to get the community together

I think we'd all love it if Spicy and Fire did a duet
Last edited by fishermatt3552 on Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Faiithe
Veteran

Post by Faiithe »

I feel like this would end in favoritism.
HankHill
Veteran

Post by HankHill »

Rule 1: Don't let Paul sing. He is terrible.
Rule 2: Read Rule 1.

I don't mind the idea of it, but I'm always worried about how mic quality can significantly affect how even the best voices sound.
Paul (The Disguiser) murdered 14 players.
Paul (The Apprentice) murdered 14 players.
Paul (The Butcher) murdered 14 players.
Chooan

Post by Chooan »

Faiithe wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:04 am I feel like this would end in favoritism.
Not all admins know everyone in the community, and not everyone knows everybody. So favoritism shouldn’t be a problem :)
Chooan ♡
Chooan

Post by Chooan »

HankHill wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:11 am Rule 1: Don't let Paul sing. He is terrible.
Rule 2: Read Rule 1.

I don't mind the idea of it, but I'm always worried about how mic quality can significantly affect how even the best voices sound.
I love the rules, LMAO. And that’s true, it would be something to discuss!
Chooan ♡
Chooan

Post by Chooan »

fishermatt3552 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:18 am Honestly, that's not a half bad idea. I'm sure with how many people are in the discord, at least some of them have to be talented singers. Sounds like a good way to get the community together

I think we'd all love it if Spicy and Fire did a duet
I AGREE LMAO
Chooan ♡
Faiithe
Veteran

Post by Faiithe »

Chooan wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:36 am
Faiithe wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:04 am I feel like this would end in favoritism.
Not all admins know everyone in the community, and not everyone knows everybody. So favoritism shouldn’t be a problem :)
But I think all admins have their favorite. And like Paul pointed out, not everyone has the best mic quality so they could have a wonderful voice and their mic is piss poor.
Chooan

Post by Chooan »

Faiithe wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:49 pm
Chooan wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:36 am
But I think all admins have their favorite. And like Paul pointed out, not everyone has the best mic quality so they could have a wonderful voice and their mic is piss poor.
Like I replied to Paul, that’s something to discuss. Maybe do an audition type of thing before the event to see who gets in and who doesn’t, almost like a talent show. And if admins have a favorite that’s their fault and complete bias. Like I said there could be a spreadsheet that tallies up performance, song choice, etc.
Chooan ♡
Chooan

Post by Chooan »

I posted an edit to the original forum post.
Chooan ♡