Tracer's New Pose

Dongle
Forum Mod

Tracer's New Pose

Post by Dongle »

Spoiler
11/10
Last edited by Dongle on Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Anomaly
Veteran

Re: Tracer's New Pose

Post by Anomaly »

It's based off of the painting "Tie" by Billy De Vorss.
Spoiler
Very well done Blizzard.
Last edited by Anomaly on Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Feel free to add me!

<22:54:21> "Person_Unknown": Anomaly, you're a great admin and you've got a bitchin' asss
Haku*
Veteran

Post by Haku* »

I just want to play the game ;~:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clicking the image above brings you to my profile. Technology, right?
Have a great day!
Angel Ambrosius
Server Admin

Post by Angel Ambrosius »

Last edited by Angel Ambrosius on Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Spookleton wrote:
Fire wrote:Don't remember you sorry.
He must've been a previous Admin, then.
Lemur_The_Memer

Post by Lemur_The_Memer »

A S S
Last edited by Lemur_The_Memer on Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lemur has entered the building
Prepare For Memes
Darkone2e
Veteran

Post by Darkone2e »

I hate the censorship that is imposed by those that think they see a wrong, They believe they are in the right. Put the old pose back and leave sexy alone.
many_swords
Veteran

Post by many_swords »

Darkone2e wrote:I hate the censorship that is imposed by those that think they see a wrong, They believe they are in the right. Put the old pose back and leave sexy alone.
The funny thing is that they replaced the old pose with a pose that is meant to look "sexy" and completely shit on everyone who was complaining and thought they were actually able to make a large company fear their opinions.
Last edited by many_swords on Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feel free to message me on the community discord if you have any questions.
Hat in a Cat

Post by Hat in a Cat »

A company is supposed to care about their customers' opinion; to do otherwise would be foolish.

From what I understand, they changed the pose to better reflect Tracer's personality.
Deity of the Mask
Veteran

Post by Deity of the Mask »

Hat in a Cat wrote:A company is supposed to care about their customers' opinion; to do otherwise would be foolish.
Coming from a blizzard entertainment subscriber for many years now, they actually do a lot of shit contrary to popular desire when it comes to their games.

They did the pose change for 1 simple reason, to say fuck you to the people who complained about the first pose by making it even more sexy and provocative simply because they know they can do exactly what they want and no matter what, they will get their way, because its their choice, not the consumers. And that's why i'm still a big fan of Blizzard (except for Diablo III)
Last edited by Deity of the Mask on Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amiibo Alex wrote: My uncle is a lawyer, and I will take legal action to this.
Hat in a Cat

Post by Hat in a Cat »

I've been playing Blizzard games since Brood War. I assure you they are constantly listening to feedback, but are also
entirely capable of making intelligent decisions on their own, whether they decide to incorporate consumer feedback
or not is specific to whatever the decision is.

Here are the direct quotes from the Blizzard lead on Overwatch:

"We’ll replace the pose. We want *everyone* to feel strong and heroic in our community. The last thing we want to do is make someone feel uncomfortable, under-appreciated or misrepresented.

Apologies and we’ll continue to try to do better.

We actually already have an alternate pose that we love and we feel speaks more to the character of Tracer. We weren’t entirely happy with the original pose, it was always one that we wrestled with creatively. That the pose had been called into question from an appropriateness standpoint by players in our community did help influence our decision—getting that kind of feedback is part of the reason we’re holding a closed beta test—but it wasn’t the only factor. We made the decision to go with a different pose in part because we shared some of the same concerns, but also because we wanted to create something better."

To assume that your customers know absolutely nothing and that all your decisions should ignore them is stupid - to do the exact opposite and change anything that's complained about at all is also stupid. Not every situation is entirely black and white, and finding a middle ground is almost always preferable. I think it's quite obvious by the above quote that they didn't change it to a sexier pose to say 'fuck you' to everyone who complained.