Hard Times Support/ Emotional Support Thread

Dr. Ludwig

Hard Times Support/ Emotional Support Thread

Post by Dr. Ludwig »

Hey guys! From what I've picked up in my time here, I've seen that this community is one huge family and it radiates a positive energy. That being said, we also have our fair share of hard times and situations where we are left confused and unsure of where to go from there. That's where this thread comes in. I have made this thread to serve several purposes.

1. To offer advice to those who are going through a hard time and offer emotional support.
2. To talk about any struggles you may be going through and be able to talk about it in an environment that is judge-free and positive.

I've always found that talking about whatever you may be going through helps, and having a support system is what makes us strong and be able to continue to do what we do best in a time of adversity. We as a community all have your back and will be willing to help in any way that we can. :mrgreen:

Post away, and don't be afraid to speak your mind. We're all here for you!
HankHill: Might as well mention that you wear banana peels for underwear and you prefer playing Casual because it's more basic, pleb.
Person_Unknown
Veteran

Re: Hard Times Support/ Emotional Support Thread

Post by Person_Unknown »

I no longer find joy in everyday activities. I used to spend my time playing god with anthills. I would summon monsoons with my fidget spinner and bring floods upon the heretic ants with my trusty Dasani brand bottled drinking water. I would use my trusty magnifying glass to control the weather. I did not play god. I WAS God. Yet, I no longer enjoy creating natural disasters towards antkind. How do I revive my joy in toying with the lives of ants and their homes?
For reference, this was my favorite ant. I supplied him with food. I kept him alive for three days. After three days, I burned him with a magnifying glass. I do not miss him. I am an emotionless robot.
Last edited by Person_Unknown on Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
IN LOVING MEMORY - We miss you Person

Need me? Link to my profile's right here.
Rigby!

Post by Rigby! »

Well, Person solved my depression

Is this a safe space or something?
I mean I don't judge
Last edited by Rigby! on Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Someone take the exclamation mark out of my name, I'm not excited to be here.
fishermatt3552
Veteran

Post by fishermatt3552 »

Person for 2020
HankHill
Veteran

Post by HankHill »

Rigs, this is less "safe space" and more towards "advice thread" or "I don't have the money to go to a therapist so I'm going to ask random strangers on the internet for help" thing.

Come on, bro. Courtney is no Trigglypuff. This is more of a thread to let yourself go if you need.
Paul (The Disguiser) murdered 14 players.
Paul (The Apprentice) murdered 14 players.
Paul (The Butcher) murdered 14 players.
Jasmine
Veteran

Post by Jasmine »

Unfortunately most of these threads get made fun of.
Much love
Jasmine
sambawarkiddo
Veteran

Post by sambawarkiddo »

Jasmine wrote:Unfortunately most of these threads get made fun of.
shamefully, there seems to be a lack of mutual compassion or sympathy in threads for people who just want to let loose and not poke fun, for once.
Last edited by sambawarkiddo on Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fire wrote:You're a admin?
Abraham
Veteran

Post by Abraham »

There is not a single surprise that people dont take these seriously nor do I personally see anything wrong with humor in these. You cant expect anything more or less from a thread like this posted on the forums of a community based on video games. Shit like this is always best to deal in private.
Last edited by Abraham on Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Jasmine
Veteran

Post by Jasmine »

Sometimes you just need to vent.
If it was posted in comedy central fine. But it was posted in off topic and you could see from the first post that it was meant in a serious note.
And a lot of people struggles with mental problems and Internet bullying is getting worse everyday so i don't understand why everything needs to be made fun off.

Personally I struggle a lot right now, I've never been this anxious or depressed in my life and every day is a struggle.
Do I talk to someone about it? No, cause I don't want people to be dragged down. But I can talk to it openly like this just to vent.

Just because it's online doesnt make it less real. People need to stop using the excuse that it's online so it doesn't matter.
It matters, and people take their own life daily due to online bullying or mental problems because they feel that they don't have anyone to talk to.
Last edited by Jasmine on Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Much love
Jasmine
Rigby!

Post by Rigby! »

Well this went down fast
Someone take the exclamation mark out of my name, I'm not excited to be here.