Murder Server

Soup
Veteran

Murder Server

Post by Soup »

I wanted to suggest adding a murder server. Many of us from the Disc-FF community have been playing this mode on MaxDB but have been wanting to stick to Disc-FF servers. I was hoping with enough support we could talk to Fire about possibly adding one to Disc.

Murder is a game mode where everyone is a spy. There is a sheriff (has a gun) and a murderer (has a knife) and everyone else is innocent (has no weapon). The murderer tries to kill everyone while the sheriff tries to kill the murderer. If the sheriff is murdered the gun passes to someone else after a certain amount of time. If the murderer doesn't murder someone in a certain amount of time someone else becomes murderer.

Full disclosure there is a way to see who the murderer and sherriff are by inspecting them. I don't know if this can be fixed. The Disc-FF regs who play try to keep the game honest by not using this feature.
Last edited by Soup on Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
presto40
Veteran

Re: Murder Server

Post by presto40 »

Yes Please! It is a really fun game mode.
- PrestoThePirate
When Presto gets the booty.
Vixen

Post by Vixen »

I second this, Murder will be an awesome addition to the FF servers.
Yang Xaio Long
Veteran

Post by Yang Xaio Long »

I would like to see this, if there was a way to disable the "inspect" feature (which i dont think is possible) and fix the hit detection on the weapons as it is a bit broken.

But If that is "unfixable" Then it is fine honestly, I would like to see how it would go.
Edit 23/11/21: What d'ya want? If you're here from 2021 and beyond and you want to find me, you can find me at → speedrun.com/user/Mr.Blonde ←

One Vision, One Purpose! The Technology of Peace. Peace Through Power

PembrokeWelshCorgi
Veteran

Post by PembrokeWelshCorgi »

A lot of the prop hunt regulars seem to like murder, so i don't doubt that it would have people playing it. I personally would play if we changed the mode to allow for easier hitboxes. Trying to aim at a teeny-tiny hitbox with a one-round, slow-reloading revolver while being chased isn't the most fun thing in the world for me.
In the not too distant future, next Sunday A.D....
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

Yang Xaio Long wrote:I would like to see this, if there was a way to disable the "inspect" feature (which i dont think is possible) and fix the hit detection on the weapons as it is a bit broken.

But If that is "unfixable" Then it is fine honestly, I would like to see how it would go.
There is, we used to have a Murder at the Mansion server that I created, the creator of the public Murder plugin is just stupid.
Last edited by Mitch on Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fire
Owner

Post by Fire »

I could setup a server with the current public version or wait until Mitch can recode a better version for us. Reading through the public code thread seems there are a few major issues with it (friendly fire causing hit reg to be messed up, people being able to detect who has a weapon via inspect command, dead people being able to give away who is who). Let me know what you want me to do.
Last edited by Fire on Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Soup
Veteran

Post by Soup »

I sent Mitch a message asking if he would be willing to do the fixes or if he already has a murder plugin that works. Thank you Fire!
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

If any one's interested in see what the server was like back in 2013 when the gamemode was still being made: https://youtu.be/v2h5B7RGl6Y?t=95

To set our server apart I would like to use my own plugin or something, as it was built around making one player a blue spy on the other team and hiding them as a Red player.

I also liked the idea of having the spy loadout actually working for the blue spy, so he can go invisible or disguise as other players which was already something that was done in my version. I also allowed multiple spies in a large server, i'm not sure if the other plugin allows that, however we found out that multiple spies gets a bit crazy. There was also an idea of allowing the spy to pick up a dummy pistol which the player cannot actually kill other players with. I also implemented a way of getting a pistol later on in the round, or by picking them up off the ground. Most of this will need to be rewritten as it is pretty old code.

I should have continued to work on this years ago, but more players meant we would essentially need admins to monitor each game for trolling etc which we didn't have the staff at the time.
Last edited by Mitch on Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Soup
Veteran

Post by Soup »

We would love to try your plug in and if Fire and Spicy would let me or let me apply for admin I would love to do it.