[Global Admin Application] Plausible Sanity

Dongle
Forum Mod

Re: [Global Admin Application] Plausible Sanity

Post by Dongle »

Sanity has shown dedication to the community in various ways, proving that he would make a great global admin. I only recommend that he spends more time on other servers to gain a broader perspective on what to expect. Regardless, he's responsible and would be good for the position.
ImageImage
FawfulRoach
Veteran

Post by FawfulRoach »

Sanity is probably the most dedicated and one of the most genuine people in this community. He has helped the freak fortress servers out so much this past year, as well as other gamemodes, and is also very knowledgeable about his job. I can think of very few people who deserve this position as much as he does. Good luck fam!
Last edited by FawfulRoach on Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faiithe
Veteran

Post by Faiithe »

Plaus would be a really great global as what the guys above me said, he's a really dedicated Freak admin and strives to make the servers really fun and enjoyable to be in.
Zethy
Veteran

Post by Zethy »

There is nothing negative that can be told about Plausible Sanity. He's one of the coolest and most professional admins I've ever met and played with. He shows true dedication when it comes to being admin with his apportations done to the Freak Fortress 2 and 2fort servers. He knows quite a lot about the DISC-FF community but I agree with Dongle, Sanity should play in the other servers to know more about the community. But overall, I think he is more than qualified to be a Global Admin.
SkyBlue
Server Admin

Post by SkyBlue »

Plausible Sanity has shown a lot of dedication and is well respected throughout the community. He is a dedicated admin in the Freak Fortess servers and respects all players. Overall I think Plausible Sanity would be a good Global Admin
"You're a barnacle on the whale of humanity"- BlackJackKodiak

LewandaSillyFeathers: im suprised he didnt lick it tho
Visprii
Veteran

Post by Visprii »

Personally I think Sanity needs about little under half a year to be decided on, his actions lately have been very self entitled compared to how he was starting off as an admin. Since Sanity had started off as a Freak Fortress admin from the start I've been around to get a good observation on him, he was doing the basic things an admin should be doing while having compassion for the community, at the time I thought he was really making waves throughout disc-ff.

However, I feel like the year of being a Freak admin and drive for outdoing his fellow admins has sucked him dry of what he used to be. For instance, a situation occurred about a month ago where I idled (As a Global Admin, which is accepted), on the Freak Fortress #2 server for about 30 minutes, Sanity started to lash out at me randomly with the comments "Do you even know who the regulars are anymore?" trying to act like he was subtly joking, and I believed him until after my response. He kept ranting over the server while regulars were telling him to drop the topic and then left right after to Freak Fortress #1, where I joined about an hour later because #2 was dying in population. When I joined I idled for about 10 minutes just for Sanity to lash at me again over the server just for idling as a global, then after his comment in chat about how I have to resign as a Global he rage quitted on the server. Sanity knows that you cannot start arguments out of the blue but he chose to do it anyways out of anger over a really pointless situation.

After that whole incident on the Freak Fortress servers, I wanted to hash things out in teamspeak and understand why he was acting the way he was. The response I got from him was "You are absolutely not suited to be a Global Admin, nobody on disc-ff likes you anymore and you should just resign already" again, out of anger for whatever reason. I'd also like to mention that on teampeak about 2 months ago I jokingly said "Make me new Forum Mod" when Armen left, the response Sanity made was "Nobody here is going to get Forum Mod before me" knowing he wasn't a Global even, which isn't really hard evidence to oppose him being Global, but it represents how Sanity has become more self-entitled.

I believe that Global Admin should be given to those who really can't withstand that 50 hour quota on our servers, but knows how to maintain each server correctly. Besides Idjit being a Murder admin, and Money for Dodgeball (Though he told me if people wanted him to resign from inactivity it's not an issue) no other Global Admin at the moment has regular adminship meanwhile Sanity can always or mostly always reach 50+ hours on our servers meaning that even more reports are going to be handled faster, leaving the other Globals to work harder on typing fast enough or having a keen eye on reports.

I don't have a doubt in my mind that Sanity knows how to run the other servers, but his ill temperedness, self-entitlement, and extremely good hours makes me think that he does need about 5-6 months for a proper evaluation, to see if this attitude will continue further.
Last edited by Visprii on Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--------------
SMURFASAURUS wrote: Alberta? You're proud of living in a province that's named after a 40 year old Mexican Housekeeper?
Idjit
Veteran

Post by Idjit »

Personally I think Sanity should be considered for Global as soon as possible, as his actions throughout his career have been incredibly impressive, selfless, and helpful, especially compared to other admins in the community. Since Sanity had started off as an admin, I've been able to get a good observation on him, without a filter and in a space where he is most comfortable. On the Teamspeak and on the servers, Sanity has shown me that he not only does a fantastic job enforcing rules as an admin, but he also does this while having compassion for the community bar none, making waves throughout Freak Fortress and the community as a whole.

Personally, I feel like his time as a Freak admin and his passion for the servers should be a gold standard for Global applicants in the future. For instance, Sanity is the main reason behind the improved hours of all the admins on the Freak team. He put in countless days of his own outside of the servers to make sure hours were noted and made much more obvious to other admins, allowing them to better keep track of and improve. He kept working on this spreadsheet for months on end, adding to it a number of other features like a map audit list, hours for other severs, and the tracking of applicant's hours. When I would connect to Teamspeak, I'd often catch him working on this list to improve it in some way or another.

As time progressed, he has continued to maintain perfect hours on the servers, which led me to ask him why he went so far above and beyond with his spreadhseet. The response I got from him was "I love this fucking community. It's fantastic." (Followed by his amazing laugh). I'd also like to mention that on Teampeak, months before this post, Sanity was asking how he could improve on his chances of becoming a global, seeking ways to improve his behavior or activity to make sure he could be as prepared as possible. I think this represents perfectly how eager he is to continue helping the community.

I believe that Global Admin should be given to any qualified admin, including admins that reach the 50 hour quota. There have been multiple Global admins that have retained their administrative powers in the past, and have been able to both handle reports, play on other servers, and meet their own requirements. Looking at the spreadsheet Sanity worked so hard on, you can see that he consistently puts in MORE than 50 hours each month, meaning he has plenty of time to dedicate to servers other than his own. This would mean that the Global admins would not need to work as hard, as servers would be administrated and issues would be dealt with before a report needs to be filed.

I don't have a doubt in my mind that Sanity knows how to run the other servers, and his selfless attitude, great personality, and ridiculously good hours make me think that waiting to vote on his global application would be a mistake. He also tells really funny jokes.
Fire wrote:Funny but don't post this stupid shit.
MrRocketBoots wrote:Completely understandable, I did overlook that. Apologies, Thanks for you time none the less.
LewandaSillyFeathers
Server Admin

Post by LewandaSillyFeathers »

I think Sanity would make a great global admin. I recently started to get to know him and he seems to be pretty level headed and is always willing to help me with issues or just chat about admin stuff (or regular stuff). My only suggestion would be to pop around other servers more often and get to know the game play, regulars, and admins a bit better. Good luck on your app and keep up the good work.

P.S. He also has a cute kitties. :mrgreen:
Last edited by LewandaSillyFeathers on Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Why would you ever accept fear when you have the power to refuse it?
SkyBlue: He didn't lick it good enough.
Onion: is it cause of my race?
kookie

Post by kookie »

I've been thinking long and hard to try to find any reason Sanity wouldn't make a great global admin: I couldn't find any. Most points have already been said in earlier replies, so instead of just repeating the same things again, I'll end this post here with saying that I fully support the idea of him becoming a part of the global admin team.

Good luck.
Last edited by kookie on Sat May 05, 2018 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fire
Owner

Post by Fire »

Under review.
ImageImage