Suggestion to improve Murder mod

82$ CardBoard

Suggestion to improve Murder mod

Post by 82$ CardBoard »

After playing awhile of the game mode murder mod you will start getting annoyed by AFK players they waste a spot where a good player could be using and could end up ruining a good round. Example where there should be 3 murders but 2 are AFK so your task becomes infinity harder the same goes for the innocent bystanders you could have a fun round joking around taunting then suddenly you have to become a murderer and your hole team is already dead and there still is a lot of bystanders left and little time you lose the game cause it was impossible to begin with onto of that for insistence there are 2 murders on the server with 9 players one murder kills the guy with the gun while the other bystander is afk in some remote part of the map making it almost impossible for the bystander to win same goes with 4 murders it diffidently would hamper the bystander team . My idea is to introduce a AFK Manager(Bot) who would kick players after a few or a couple of rounds of not moving or if you don't move during the setup you will be removed from the server a kick the player could rejoin afterwords or you could also do a more simpler thing since the admins are almost always on they got quickly jump on and kick a few AFK players. Another bonus to implementing this strategy would be to eliminate some toxic players that RDM because of the bad Karma they could just go afk and get good karma with little to no effort.

My preferred ideas the kick if they do not move at the start of the round

Sincerely 82$ Cardboard
Ps: Sorry for my poor english
Last edited by 82$ CardBoard on Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
RevolverOceloto

Re: Suggestion to improve Murder mod

Post by RevolverOceloto »

Toke me a while to understand everything but i'll just go with the AFK Manager bot. and im not quite sure how we'd be able to kick toxic players. other than reports and online moderators. but hey. that's just my opinion.
Jasmine
Veteran

Post by Jasmine »

82$ CardBoard wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:20 am After playing awhile of the game mode murder mod you will start getting annoyed by AFK players they waste a spot where a good player could be using and could end up ruining a good round. Example where there should be 3 murders but 2 are AFK so your task becomes infinity harder the same goes for the innocent bystanders you could have a fun round joking around taunting then suddenly you have to become a murderer and your hole team is already dead and there still is a lot of bystanders left and little time you lose the game cause it was impossible to begin with onto of that for insistence there are 2 murders on the server with 9 players one murder kills the guy with the gun while the other bystander is afk in some remote part of the map making it almost impossible for the bystander to win same goes with 4 murders it diffidently would hamper the bystander team . My idea is to introduce a AFK Manager(Bot) who would kick players after a few or a couple of rounds of not moving or if you don't move during the setup you will be removed from the server a kick the player could rejoin afterwords or you could also do a more simpler thing since the admins are almost always on they got quickly jump on and kick a few AFK players. Another bonus to implementing this strategy would be to eliminate some toxic players that RDM because of the bad Karma they could just go afk and get good karma with little to no effort.

My preferred ideas the kick if they do not move at the start of the round

Sincerely 82$ Cardboard
Ps: Sorry for my poor english
First off. I don't think you're one to talk about toxic players considering you're loud and obnoxious 90% of the time you're playing.

Second. yes, afk's are annoying but they're usually never a problem after one map. Cause if they are afk after a mapchange they won't spawn in. And therefor not take up a slot either as a bystander or a murder.
I think the gamemode is quite balanced as far as win/lose ratio for murder/innocents.
It all depends on who is on and playing at the moment.
Much love
Jasmine
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

As far as afk players becoming a special role I can change how this works, right now if I remember right the plugin will no pick any player who has not put any "input" during the setup, so if the player is standing still and hasn't moved from their spawnpoint it shouldn't consider them for a role besides bystander, making them an easy kill. There could be an issue with the way this is supposed to work and i'll look into improving it. I'll also look into kicking players if the server is getting full and the player is afk more than a couple rounds. I would normally move them to spectators but that could be abused and the next best thing would be to kick them.
Last edited by Mitch on Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
82$ CardBoard

Post by 82$ CardBoard »

mtch I would ask the creators of the wario ware mod because it they have a minigame that says you must not move or you lose a point so you could to the reverse
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

82$ CardBoard wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:12 am mtch I would ask the creators of the wario ware mod because it they have a minigame that says you must not move or you lose a point so you could to the reverse
Thank you for the suggestion, however the code already exists in the murder plugin, i just need to tweak it to be more effective. Possibly adjust it to being afk does not help your karma at the end of the round.