Post by tuna »

Your Steam Community Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/76561198145908606
Your Steam ID: 76561198145908606

Which Admin Punished You: Zethy
Type of punishment(ban, mute, silence or gag): Perma ban
Server where you received the punishment: Murder mod 162.248.92.127:27030

How long they punished you for: Permanently

Reason why they punished you: Avoiding punishment

Reason why you think this punishment is unfair/uncalled for/biased, etc. I was playing on the server messing about with my friends, I said how many binds can I put in chat before I get warned. After I put 6-7 short, spaced out binds in dead chat I received a gag for 1 hour. I changed my name to "arent you supposed to get warned" because I was under the impression that warnings were given out on individual punishments, not for singular problems. (I have 1 previous warning) Neither of the admins online [bumpikids and zethy] gave me any sort of warning before this ban. Since the server has been updated to show name changes in chat log, I have seen multiple people changing their names to things like "im dead" if someone who was disguised as them got called out, yet no punishments have come to these people.

Reason why we should remove the punishment: I think the ban was uncalled for, I completely understand the gag for chat spam and I think that was reasonable, however I still think I should have received some sort of warning before being permanantly banned. I was not given any sort of warning before I was gagged or banned; usually I see people getting warned in chat multiple times before receiving any punishment. Recently I have seen people come on the server and either use mic constantly or have a bad mic, and they are told 2/3 times to stop using mic so much/stop using it completely before they are given any sort of formal punishment. I play on this server almost daily and have one punishment so far, if I was a repeat offender I would understand the ban but that is not the case.
Last edited by tuna on Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zethy
Veteran

Re: Ban appeal

Post by Zethy »

Willingly cluttering the chat with binds in order to test the admins seems like a very conscious decision that doesn't require a warning, you were more than aware of the outcome. These binds were not spaced out. You are familiar with the importance of communication for this gamemode, and you know how harmful spam is for it.
People that change their name is something we're dealing with, we give a warning at first, but this warning gets lost after a sea of irrelevant binds, so it's not our fault that people don't get to see the message, we even give warnings through VC but there's also unwanted noise from other players (This is also dealt with), most people stop but those that don't are given their punishment.

Like I said, a warning was not needed, you were punished for spam before and you're well informed of the rules.
After getting muted, you changed your name immediately, and you were quickly warned multiple times by another player through VC to not change your name, which didn't stop you from changing your name again. If you find people changing their name to communicate is problematic, then why did you do this problematic action?

Ban should stay.
Last edited by Zethy on Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
NerfPlayeR135

Post by NerfPlayeR135 »

I was the "other player" Zethy mentioned, and I did indeed warn tuna to change his name back; he did not listen.
Last edited by NerfPlayeR135 on Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Long-time Disc-FF veteran and jack-of-all-trades TF2 player.

Disc-FF Stats:
Spoiler
Deathrun: No longer exists...

Freak Fortress #1:
White Sedan
Veteran

Post by White Sedan »

Openly asking how much you'll need to spam in order to get gagged negates any need for a warning since you're already acknowledging that it's against the rules. As for the permaban, changing your name to communicate is considered punishment evasion which warrants a permanent ban. Ban will stay, please find other servers to play on.
----
Hoff wrote:Consider yourself lucky I am not taking legal action against your server.