carcinoGeneticist's Admin Application (TFDB)

carcinoGeneticist

carcinoGeneticist's Admin Application (TFDB)

Postby carcinoGeneticist » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:02 am

In-Game name(s): carcinoGeneticist

I am applying for admin on the dodgeball server

My SteamID is STEAM_0:1:109968433 and Steam community page is https://steamcommunity.com/id/jmtokx/"> ... id/jmtokx/

Admins who have referred me: N/A

Why I would make a good admin:
The DISC-FF dodgeball server has played an important role in helping me get through last semester smoothly. I have both the server and the players to thank for a lot of stress relief and joy in general, but most of all for reigniting my passion for dodgeball and gaming overall. With that in mind, I would be incredibly enthusiastic to serve the playerbase regularly. I'm very familiar with the administrative side of TF2 servers, having worked for servers in the past, and I'm also well acquainted with the community and the manner in which it's run. Those two credentials in tandem with firm resolve and a level head would make me an effective server admin.

Other things I should mention:
I'll be out of the country until the 6th of January, and once I'm back I'll be able to play much more frequently. The upcoming semester will be very light and I expect to be on nearly every day. I logged over 30 hours on Disc in December and have over 3,200 hours in TF2 overall.
Some things unrelated to TF2 that I consider important about me; Alongside gaming, music is a passion of mine. I've been playing instruments since I was seven years old, starting on the violin and picking up a couple more along the way. I love listening to music and giving/taking recommendations for good songs. Balance is crucial to my lifestyle, whether it's balancing time dedicated to academics vs. hobbies or simply making sure I stay healthy. Other than that, I'm a diligent worker and fiercely loyal to my friends.
Last edited by carcinoGeneticist on Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Keybowls
Server Admin

Re: carcinoGeneticist's Admin Application (TFDB)

Postby Keybowls » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:31 am

Hey Carcino,

Nice to see that you have applied for the dodgeball server! I've known you for quite sometime and you tend to be friendly.
You know the rules of the game and what not to do in the server.

Although, my concern is that you haven't made a report on the server. Not sure if that's because you haven't seen someone breaking the rules while in-game, or if that's because an admin has been on when occurring. I know there have been times where I have been called when you're in the server, but have not reported a mic-spammer or a hacker, and that's fine. But I'd like to see you get accustomed with the report system.

I also have not seen you reinforce the rules when someone is breaking the rules while in-game. I say, you should work on this quite a bit.

In December, you had a total of about 28 hours in the server, so that's good. In November, looks like you had around 10 hours of play time for the month, and in October, you had around 24 hours of play time in that month. Would like to see a consistent 30hrs/month of play time, at least.

Other than that, I'm currently neutral.

**Edit: Would be great if he were to get an opportunity for trial adminship.
Last edited by Keybowls on Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

fishermatt3552
Server Admin

Postby fishermatt3552 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:01 pm

Hey Car!

It's nice to see that you applied, considering all the recent applications

From what i've seen on the server, you have the potential to be a good admin. You know the rules, you know the players, and you know how the server works. Your mic usage is fantastic, and your hours are good when you're actually home.

Like Kibbles said, i don't think you've sent any reports, while that's not the worst thing in the world, reporting rule breakers is decently important when you're not admin yourself. Your rule enforcement could use some slight work, but that will get better if/when you get admin.

I'm currently at a neutral, but i think a trial adminship would work and do you wonders
-Fish

Image Image

Fire
Owner

Postby Fire » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:01 am

Please keep your hours up and I will review this app again next month.
ImageImage

Return to “Apply For Admin”